OT: Sens Lounge LXX: Return of bad titles

Status
Not open for further replies.

YNWA14

Onbreekbaar
Dec 29, 2010
I think I'm getting a custom white Olympic team Canada jersey for Christmas. Pumped.

You can be the best driver in the world and still end up in the ditch on icy roads. Snow tires help a lot and it's foolish to think they're not worth investing in.

As someone who has winter tires I'll just disagree. I see little to no difference. I just drive safely and watch what's going on around me. It's not rocket science. Unfortunately having winter tires doesn't stop other people from being idiots.

HavlatMach9

streamable 3rah1
Mar 17, 2011
Ottawa
no amount of 'driving safely' is going to increase traction of tires, you'll have to go slower than cars with proper tires, and that'll create difference of speeds on the road

Qward

Because! That's why!
Jul 23, 2010
Behind you, look out
Yes - Car A's rear end hits Car B which is behind Car A. Did you think Car A would spin around hit from the front somehow ?

I was always under the impression when you say "he got rear ended" you are saying someone drove into him. If he drove into someone else it would be "He rear ended him"

MainDotC

Depth Defenceman
Apr 29, 2007
Westerville, OH
I was always under the impression when you say "he got rear ended" you are saying someone drove into him. If he drove into someone else it would be "He rear ended him"

Under the scenario I presented the viewpoint is from Car B. Of course Car A would not assume blame, but Car B would claim they were rear-ended as they would claim to be struck with the rear end of the car in front.

YouGotAStuGoing

Mar 26, 2010
Ottawa, Ontario
I think I'm getting a custom white Olympic team Canada jersey for Christmas. Pumped.

As someone who has winter tires I'll just disagree. I see little to no difference. I just drive safely and watch what's going on around me. It's not rocket science. Unfortunately having winter tires doesn't stop other people from being idiots.
You're not supposed to be able to discern any noticeable difference until you need to. It's not something like a new pair of skates, where you can immediately tell they grip the ice differently.
I'm sure he knows, but won't admit the mistake.
Nailed it.
Under the scenario I presented the viewpoint is from Car B. Of course Car A would not assume blame, but Car B would claim they were rear-ended as they would claim to be struck with the rear end of the car in front.
Nope. If Car B says "I was rear-ended," it implies that his car was struck from behind. In this scenario, no matter whose viewpoint is taken on, Car A is the one that's rear-ended.

MainDotC

Depth Defenceman
Apr 29, 2007
Westerville, OH
I think you all are confused as to the context of "rear-ended". Either way it's moot as no matter what we discuss people will drive however they drive.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad