Speculation: Sens, Lebreton, and the NCC

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tnuoc Alucard

🇨🇦🔑🧲✈️🎲🥅🎱🍟🥨🌗
Sep 23, 2015
Why link an article from over a month ago? Especially an article by Garrioch supporting Uncle Euge? Isn't Garrioch the one who has been spreading Dorion/Melnyk's lies for the past few years? Why trust anything that comes from Boo Boo?

I am sure things have changed in the past month, this is your best buddy Melnyk at work here.

It's the most recent article, I could find on the topic under discussion. If you know of a more recent one, please feel free to share it with us.

I see that you don't respect anyone's POV that does not align with yours, but it's necessary to hear all POVs in order to fill in the blank spots you have if you only rely on sources that echo your viewpoint.

If you know the enemy and know yourself, you need not fear the result of a hundred battles. If you know yourself but not the enemy, for every victory gained you will also suffer a defeat. If you know neither the enemy nor yourself, you will succumb in every battle.

BatherSeason

Jun 16, 2009
Gatineau
I see that you don't respect anyone's POV that does not align with yours, but it's necessary to hear all POVs in order to fill in the blank spots you have if you only rely on sources that echo your viewpoint.

You seem to have quite a few more blank spots than most other people here. Maybe try to fill in the blanks for yourself first.

Zorf

Apparently I'm entitled?
Jan 4, 2008
Ok, so making it official:

This is not the place for political discussions, any further straying from the topic of Lebreton and the NCC will be removed and the perpetrator will probably not get any cookies from the cookie jar. So if you want a nice cookie from the cookie jar, stop talking politics.
f60c26ed553dc021c4fd8ffe8d34dd1a.jpg

You had me at cookie

Micklebot

Apr 27, 2010
I scan quickly for food related terms before reading anything in depth.
For your information, the cookies I was referring to are tracking cookies the good folks overlords at Mandaory put on your computer to better target advertising and such, and you won't get them if you discuss politics because I'll thread-ban you. As a bot, I have no time for food related terms... unless it's bacon. I feel as though everybody should love bacon.

Sensung

Oct 3, 2017
For your information, the cookies I was referring to are tracking cookies the good folks overlords at Mandaory put on your computer to better target advertising and such, and you won't get them if you discuss politics because I'll thread-ban you. As a bot, I have no time for food related terms... unless it's bacon. I feel as though everybody should love bacon.
Careful or someone will accuse you of being anti-semitic and an Islamophobe.

Reactions: OttawaSenators11

Ray Kinsella

Feb 13, 2018
There are people who don’t love bacon...?

Tnuoc Alucard

🇨🇦🔑🧲✈️🎲🥅🎱🍟🥨🌗
Sep 23, 2015
For the record, I still don't think this arena is going to get built as long as Melnyk owns the team.

I fully expect a soft PR campaign over the next 1-2 years extolling how great the Kanata arena is (regardless of the truth of those claims), and the NCC will eventually move on to another developer to build the Lebreton site.

We have a great stadium now, there’s nothing wrong with it,” he said. “But there will be two intersections of the new (rapid transit line) so people could get to the (new) arena and not worry about whether it’s snowing outside.

Owner Eugene Melnyk says he has no plans to relocate Ottawa Senators - 680 NEWS

BatherSeason

Jun 16, 2009
Gatineau
We have a great stadium now, there’s nothing wrong with it,” he said. “But there will be two intersections of the new (rapid transit line) so people could get to the (new) arena and not worry about whether it’s snowing outside.

Owner Eugene Melnyk says he has no plans to relocate Ottawa Senators - 680 NEWS

An article from January does very little to prove any point you are trying to make, especially a news article from a Toronto radio station.

Zorf

Apparently I'm entitled?
Jan 4, 2008
Also, in the exact same article he talked about the importance of the new stadium in Lebreton. That's just a misleading title.

BonkTastic

ಠ_ಠ
Nov 9, 2010
Parts Unknown

Tnuoc Alucard

🇨🇦🔑🧲✈️🎲🥅🎱🍟🥨🌗
Sep 23, 2015
Ottawa Senators owner, EugeneMelnyk and his RendezVous LeBreton group had been negotiating terms with the NCC to buy the land at Lebreton Flats, for almost a year-and-a-half, and finally they reached an agreement in principle back in January.

Melnyk has said that he's concerned about whether there will be a market for the condo units the RendezVous LeBreton plan to build, because of the other condo projects in the surrounding area, and he is right to be worried if there will be buyers for his condos, when they're built.

Trinity Station, at Preston and Albert, will have completed condos, on the market, before the RLG condos will be built, as will Claridge, just east of Booth at Albert and Windmill Developments on the former Domtar/E B Eddy site.

Claridge proposes next phase of LeBreton Flats development | Ottawa Business Journal

Trinity Station - New Ottawa Condo

Zibi Development Ottawa | LeBreton Flats | Kanaal Ottawa Condos

RLG had a market study done and they are said to be evaluating the results at the board level, according to senior spokesman Brian Morris, as reported in the local papers back in April.

Is this a negotiating tactic by the RLG, perhaps, but you can't dismiss the number of condo developments in the Lebreton area that surround the land the RLG negotiated to buy, and how they may impact the future sales of the RLG proposed condos.

Take a Bath Son

Jan 15, 2018
Interesting how RendezVous partner Trinity is building a 67 storey project, just outside the RLG lebreton project. Is Ruddy sticking it to Eugene? Every time Eugene complains, that project adds 10 storeys to the dev app. Bahahahaha

Reactions: Do Make Say Think

NorthCoast

May 1, 2017
I still see this all as just a BS negotiating tactic. These are very smart developers.

- Ottawa's cities rental vacancy rates at near all time low,
- they know Ottawa condo prices are half of Toronto's,
- they now that if you look at other cities that implemented LRT that people gravitate to condo's and rentals that are next to LRT stops
- zibi will likely be a prime target for foreing buyers pushed out of Vancouver and TO by new foreign buyer taxes
- etc

No doubt that some condo properties might face a short-term crunch if their is a glut of new properties all hitting the market at once, but I would be shocked if the Lebreton condo's don't sell very well.

I keep translating this as "I need the condo's sales to fund the project and I don't think the sales will be very good so please give me a bigger slice of the condo sales pie" - Melnyk.

Tuna99

Sep 26, 2009
Ottawa Senators owner, EugeneMelnyk and his RendezVous LeBreton group had been negotiating terms with the NCC to buy the land at Lebreton Flats, for almost a year-and-a-half, and finally they reached an agreement in principle back in January.

Melnyk has said that he's concerned about whether there will be a market for the condo units the RendezVous LeBreton plan to build, because of the other condo projects in the surrounding area, and he is right to be worried if there will be buyers for his condos, when they're built.

Trinity Station, at Preston and Albert, will have completed condos, on the market, before the RLG condos will be built, as will Claridge, just east of Booth at Albert and Windmill Developments on the former Domtar/E B Eddy site.

Claridge proposes next phase of LeBreton Flats development | Ottawa Business Journal

Trinity Station - New Ottawa Condo

Zibi Development Ottawa | LeBreton Flats | Kanaal Ottawa Condos

RLG had a market study done and they are said to be evaluating the results at the board level, according to senior spokesman Brian Morris, as reported in the local papers back in April.

Is this a negotiating tactic by the RLG, perhaps, but you can't dismiss the number of condo developments in the Lebreton area that surround the land the RLG negotiated to buy, and how they may impact the future sales of the RLG proposed condos.

The Deal now is no one cares what Melnyck wants or what is good for him - actually it's the total opposite. I think hearing that these developments hurt his bottom line actually is sweet news to Sens fans ears.

If Melnyck had any goodwill left ith the fans or the city they might consider his concerns, but at this point who wants to do this Bozo any favours or appear to be bending to his will. Not a single person wants to be seen bending to Melnycks will - and that goes for everyone in Ottawa not named Pierre Dorion.

Tnuoc Alucard

🇨🇦🔑🧲✈️🎲🥅🎱🍟🥨🌗
Sep 23, 2015
What point are you trying to make with these articles?
did you read the post just above ....... it was in that context.

Also pointing out how these developers received public money for soil remediation.

Do Make Say Think

& Yet & Yet
Jun 26, 2007
Interesting how RendezVous partner Trinity is building a 67 storey project, just outside the RLG lebreton project. Is Ruddy sticking it to Eugene? Every time Eugene complains, that project adds 10 storeys to the dev app. Bahahahaha

Or the group is increasing it's leverage on the whole "we have reasons to believe condos at Lebreton won't do great"

"Because we built a ton of condos just around it"

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad