Pre-Game Talk: Sens @ Kings Jan. 16

Status
Not open for further replies.

Larionov

Feb 9, 2005
Ottawa, ON
Surely to God a puck has to go in off Chiasson's pants eventually, right? Right? Had it pointed out to me last night that he had 13 goals for the Stars in his rookie year. He is Greening 2.0. Playing him smacks of interference from the front office, frankly - "Get Chaisson back in the lineup - maybe we can get him going..."

Here's the only thing we have going for us today - Brennan ripped the decision to come back with Andy in goal. Given what a certified moron Brennan is, this should mean that Andy stands on his head and we win, 3-1. I'm going with that...

Holdurbreathe

Jun 22, 2006
Ontario
Surely to God a puck has to go in off Chiasson's pants eventually, right? Right? Had it pointed out to me last night that he had 13 goals for the Stars in his rookie year. He is Greening 2.0. Playing him smacks of interference from the front office, frankly - "Get Chaisson back in the lineup - maybe we can get him going..."

Here's the only thing we have going for us today - Brennan ripped the decision to come back with Andy in goal. Given what a certified moron Brennan is, this should mean that Andy stands on his head and we win, 3-1. I'm going with that...

Not going to single out Chaisson for lack of scoring while playing 3rd line minutes when the #1 center hasn't scored a goal and produced just 4 points in 13 games while averaging over 20 minutes/game over that span.

ElRossoMatt

Feb 13, 2010
Bucharest,Romania
That Ducks PP goal probably cost us the game.

To me the worst thing that happened this year is that our PK went from one of the best in the league to what 29th or 30th in the league? We lost so many points because of that this year. How is our PK so bad this year?

I don't buy the Condra loss as a huge factor. Smith used to be such a great PKer, whereas i can think of a number of PP goals allowed where Pageau who starts the PK at center was in a bad position.

They used to work harder and suffocate the other team's units. They don't work as hard, don't put enough presure on the other team, are not moving enough, that's all I got. Does anyone have more?

Do Make Say Think

& Yet & Yet
Jun 26, 2007

To me the worst thing that happened this year is that our PK went from one of the best in the league to what 29th or 30th in the league? We lost so many points because of that this year. How is our PK so bad this year?

I don't buy the Condra loss as a huge factor. Smith used to be such a great PKer, whereas i can think of a number of PP goals allowed where Pageau who starts the PK at center was in a bad position.

They used to work harder and suffocate the other team's units. They don't work as hard, don't put enough presure on the other team, are not moving enough, that's all I got. Does anyone have more?

Our shooting percentage was unsustainable to start the year.

Basically we always sucked, we were just very lucky at the start of the season; now that the luck has run out, the ugly truth is out in the open: this team is horrible defensively and can't expect to go anywhere with a normal shooting percentage.

J0sh

Jul 12, 2015

Its pretty simple, we really miss gryba on the pk. We don't have a big right handed defenseman that we can put there. I'm not saying we shouldn't of traded him but this hole hasn't been fixed.

Sens of Anarchy

Jul 9, 2013
Blah. I'm away from home this weekend so if I want to watch this it will be through my phone. So chances are pretty small I'll be watching.

You can check out TSN's site. I am out west for a bit and do not get TSN5 on my cable. I was able to sign in to TSN's live stream using my cable provider credentials.

ReginKarlssonLehner

Let's Win It All
May 3, 2010
Dubai Marina
Condra's been an enormous loss no matter how you think of it.

People constantly forget our 3rd line of Condra-Pageau-Lazar was arguably our best and most consistent line.

Now we have a ************ number 3 or 4 line and our PK struggling. Condra was such a small but important piece.

BUT HEY, CHRIS NEIL FOLKS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Sens of Anarchy

Jul 9, 2013

People constantly forget our 3rd line of Condra-Pageau-Lazar was arguably our best and most consistent line.

Now we have a ************ number 3 or 4 line and our PK struggling. Condra was such a small but important piece.

Agree losing Condra has hurt the bottom 6 , and the PK.

bert

Nov 11, 2002
Visit site

Yeah they miss him, but why did it take the coach 40 games to put 2 3rds of that line together?

Why is Ryan Turris Stone still a line? They are like a combined minus 15 since being put together. They need some speed on that line.

Mercurial

#lalala
Oct 29, 2009
I feel as though we haven't had any games on CBC this year...

Live on the west coast. Most Saturday games have been in City. Can't believe this one can't be broadcast nationally. Blackouts are dumb in this day and age.
Get ad revenue or let others stream and take that revenue, IDK

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad