GDT: SENS in Vancouver, Tuesday night 10:00 pm on TSN

Status
Not open for further replies.

Filatov2Kovalev2Bonk

Effortless sexy.
Jul 13, 2006
Cumberland
Pretty different situations; Lazar was kept up because he had a very mature game and was responsible in his own end above all else. I think Formenton is being given the Chabot treatment. Show him what it means to play in the pros, send him back to work on filling the gaps in his game.

Was he? There was a pretty big sell job from the media on Lazar, everything from his rooming with Phillips to his making Xmas cards to his winning smile to his WJC performances. The Senators brought a first-round pick with massive character bonuses to the team, hoping he would be able to pick up where he left off. That never happened as he just didn't have the alertness or reaction speed to convert at this level. Fomenton does have the speed and has been given spare opportunities. He could certainly not do as badly as Burrows on the PP.

I'd rather err on the side of skill and speed on this team that be tied down with more "good in the room" guys. Thankfully, Chabot and Fomzer should do quite well at both aspects.

Again, tidy 4-2 win tonight against a meh squad.

Micklebot

Apr 27, 2010
Was he? There was a pretty big sell job from the media on Lazar, everything from his rooming with Phillips to his making Xmas cards to his winning smile to his WJC performances. The Senators brought a first-round pick with massive character bonuses to the team, hoping he would be able to pick up where he left off. That never happened as he just didn't have the alertness or reaction speed to convert at this level. Fomenton does have the speed and has been given spare opportunities. He could certainly not do as badly as Burrows on the PP.

I'd rather err on the side of skill and speed on this team that be tied down with more "good in the room" guys. Thankfully, Chabot and Fomzer should do quite well at both aspects.

Again, tidy 4-2 win tonight against a meh squad.

Ya, I think so. Lazar made the team based on his mature defensive game, not his offense. Formenton has impressed with his toolset, not his mature game. The team was hoping Lazar would be able to use his shot to put up some points and be a solid two way player. Formenton is a case of a guy surprising everyone with his play, not a case of somebody overly hyped going in as you described Lazar. Very different situations.

Formenton is by no means a sure fire NHL star, and he may still bust, but he's really not similar at all to Lazar. Very different situations if you ask me.

QuietOnTheFront

@QuietOnTheFront
Jun 17, 2011
Vancouver, BC
It's going to be a tough game. Canucks looked good this weekend, their additions in the summer and young players are making a difference. Was hoping for another crappy year so we could beat up on them.

Boud

Dec 27, 2011
We really need to add a top 6 F if we want to do some damage down the road IMO

Uchiha

Jun 14, 2014
DO injured players usually join a team in the middle of a road trip?

BonHoonLayneCornell

Oct 16, 2006
Yukon
Looking forward to Burrows playing back in Van. Hopefully he's in front of the net on the PP again and someone hits him with the puck before ricocheting in... ya know, that or he could just pot one normally.

He's enough of a folk hero there that the crowd may cheer if he scores.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad