GDT: SENS in Vancouver, Tuesday night 10:00 pm on TSN

Status
Not open for further replies.

Micklebot

Apr 27, 2010
Quality of teammates is more important than quality of competition.

Sure, but were taking about changing one teammate vs 5 opposition. We're also talking about more than just opposition, were talking about his deployment as a whole, which includes zone starts, teammates (all 4 not just the one other blueliner), and the role their asked to play.

Anyway, if he'd essentially getting Wideman's normal role, unless you think he's worse than Wideman, he should do pretty well.

Duncstar

Sep 1, 2017
Ottawa
I like this. I like the lines vs Calgary and Vancouver. Both those teams have their own kids they are playing.

By no means are these easy points right now ... if the kids were going to play at all though, this is it! Tuesday can't come soon enough...

God Says No

Mar 16, 2012
I'm more worried about Wideman playing with Phaneuf.

Why? Wideman has been solid and Phaneuf has been ok. They've played together last year and had good results. I would even say better than the usual Phaneuf Ceci pairing.

Zguy370

Dec 25, 2007
Is the best dman in the world 65 playing ., havent read all the posts, i have him in my fantasy pool

Hutz

Sep 7, 2007
If the team wants to maintain a playoff position place in the standings, it must gain 12 points every 10 games. I am hoping for 2 wins and one loss on this Western swing triplet with wins in Vancouver and Calgary as I expect a loss against Edmonton given Edmonton's strong team, Sens 2nd game in 2 days and team tiredness at the end of the trip.

:eek: You're hoping for a loss? :mad:

L'Aveuglette

つ ◕_◕ ༽つ
Jan 8, 2007
Montreal
No, he stayed in Ottawa which means it's unlikely he'll play on this road trip.

There is a chance he joins the team at some point though. They've been pretty clear about that possibility. I'd keep an eye out if I had him on my Fantasy team.

Micklebot

Apr 27, 2010
Why? Wideman has been solid and Phaneuf has been ok. They've played together last year and had good results. I would even say better than the usual Phaneuf Ceci pairing.
He has been fine with the puck on his stick, but I haven't been thrilled with his play away from the puck, and he is likely going from his normal butter soft deployment to something far tougher.

Reactions: aragorn

Upgrayedd

Earn'em and Burn'em
Oct 14, 2010
Ottawa
Any news on Hoffman?

Putting young players in a position where they can succeed huh?

edit: Hoffman is sick

The Hoff is sick, toe dragging all over the place, hope the boys bring their workboots because this Van team although not as skilled on paper will outwork you if given the opportunity.

No issues with Chabot with Boro as he will be the defensive conscience on that pairing, my concern is the him playing off side.

Baby Ryan

Jan 6, 2014
Ottawa, ON
Looking forward to seeing Chabot play. Hoping to see Brass line keep up their work, great start to the season for all 3 of them.

Micklebot

Apr 27, 2010
So Chabot will be paired with Boro?

Formenton only played 4 minutes last game?

Sheesh

Lots of penalties and he doesn't play PK or PP. Plus I think he got benched after a turnover because of how close the game was.

Micklebot

Apr 27, 2010
Hope he doesn't develop in the same path that Lazar did

Pretty different situations; Lazar was kept up because he had a very mature game and was responsible in his own end above all else. I think Formenton is being given the Chabot treatment. Show him what it means to play in the pros, send him back to work on filling the gaps in his game.

member 2431

Agreed. I thought Wideman played decent last game -- had solid positioning defensively (though his size limits his ability to win battles along the boards). And P9 has been roughly his usual self -- which is 'pretty good'. And his size compliments Wideman's.

Having said that, would have loved to see Chabot with P9. Yes, he'd be facing harder lines - but Dion can help leverage Chabot's main strengths a hell of a lot better than Boro. And by playing with Dion against higher levels of competition -- it is much more representative of what he's going to face later this year. Might as well give him that chance while King Karl is still out.

Side note: I might be in the minority -- but I thought Freddy played well on Saturday except for the giveaway on DET's lone goal and one other less critical giveaway. He was our most aggressive at forcing forwards to the outside along our blue line, and as usual is one of the best pinchers on our defensive corps.

OD99

Oct 13, 2012
Van just beat Edmonton and Calgary has one of the best D corps in the league with Smith now in nets...plus a bunch of quick, skilled forwards.

Edmonton we know can fly too.

There are zero gimmes in the NHL these days but if we can get a PP goal or 2 that would go a long way and maybe getting away from Ottawa for a bit is just what the doctor ordered to prevent the boys from being too fine with their shots...instead of posts maybe they find mesh.

BonkTastic

ಠ_ಠ
Nov 9, 2010
Parts Unknown
I'd like to see Burrows score a goal tonight, considering the circumstances and all. I mean, I want to see him score all the time, like all of our players, but back in his old barn for the first time would be a sweet moment.

Also: we should probably think about winning this game tonight. I heard that this year's playoff spots are going to the teams who score the most combined points over the course of an 82 game season, which is a crazy idea, but if winning gets us more points than losing, we should do that.

Reactions: Sens of Anarchy
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad