Pre-Game Talk: SENS in the (US) Capital, Wed. 7:00 pm on SportsNet

Status
Not open for further replies.

aragorn

Do The Right Thing
Aug 8, 2004
Holly crap ... GB just said that when they are physical they play better .... than stop signing & dressing these puny little players & get some grit on this team.

MarkStone

Frankie Fryer
Mar 12, 2016
Holly crap ... GB just said that when they are physical they play better .... than stop signing & dressing these puny little players & get some grit on this team.
Some of the toughest, hard to play against players in this game's history have been small guys. It's often a question of effort and confidence, not necessarily size (but yes if you have a Simmonds, or a Kreider it can help at times).

Tundraman

ModerationIsKey
Feb 13, 2010
North
Other Teams doing a pre-scout of the Sens:

Player 1: Coach how we cover that #9 ...don't bother he has no fingers
Player 2: Coach how do we cover #95... don't bother he can't score
Player 3: How do we cover the 3rd guy on that line... ah ah ah....You're kidding right
PK team: Coach we don't have any videos of the 2017 Sens pp.... don't worry use the 2016 stuff

Reactions: Karl Prime and Boud

Filatov2Kovalev2Bonk

Effortless sexy.
Jul 13, 2006
Cumberland
It's not all on Boucher, but at some point he and his staff need to find some solutions on special teams. We had a 5 on 3 and if we get a goal or two there, it's 4-3 or 5-3 and we look a lot better. Maybe you put in Condon in the third to shake things up.We likely do still make the playoffs, but if the horrible happens and we miss, then we need to look at the player personnel choices and go from there.

aragorn

Do The Right Thing
Aug 8, 2004
Some of the toughest, hard to play against players in this game's history have been small guys. It's often a question of effort and confidence, not necessarily size (but yes if you have a Simmonds, or a Kreider it can help at times).
That may be true, do you know where we can get some? Our guys aren't cutting it.

Micklebot

Apr 27, 2010
Starting to look more and more like the system was overstated.

"Show me a good goalie and I'll show you a good coach" couldn't look anymore true.

The system isn't responsible for our sub 900 sv, and I don't think any system could overcome that kind of crap. We need andy to step up and give the guys confidence that ever mistake won't end up in the back of the net. Average goaltending would be a dream come true right now.

Burrowsaurus

Mar 20, 2013
Bouqcher saying tonight's game really showed chabot needs time in the AHL. Man what must he think of everyone else's game

Reactions: Newgates59

L'Aveuglette

つ ◕_◕ ༽つ
Jan 8, 2007
Montreal
It's annoying listening to Boucher mostly criticizing Chabot when I felt like he did the best he could do under the circumstances. Feels like if he played the same way but was 30 instead of 20, that he'd be getting twice the ice-time and getting nothing but praise.

L'Aveuglette

つ ◕_◕ ༽つ
Jan 8, 2007
Montreal
The system isn't responsible for our sub 900 sv, and I don't think any system could overcome that kind of crap. We need andy to step up and give the guys confidence that ever mistake won't end up in the back of the net. Average goaltending would be a dream come true right now.

We've scored 5 goals in our last 4 games. The system is largely responsible for that.

Boud

Dec 27, 2011
Bouqcher saying tonight's game really showed chabot needs time in the AHL. Man what must he think of everyone else's game

He had a pretty good game other than when he tried to flip the puck over the Caps forward which turned into a scoring chance for Vrana.

Other than that??? He was solid.

SensFactor

Oct 25, 2008
Ottawa
Chabot made one mistake on that giveaway. That's about it. Boucher needs to trust the youth on this team and in the AHL. Youth bring spark to teams and can help veterans as well.

aragorn

Do The Right Thing
Aug 8, 2004
I thought Chabot looked fine, not sure why Boucher is on his case.
Probably trying to manage expectations to downplay that he's not going to save this team & these guys need to get themselves out of this slump.

swiftwin

★SUMMER.OF.PIERRE★
Jul 26, 2005
That may be true, do you know where we can get some? Our guys aren't cutting it.

Even though they haven't shown it the last 4 games, we have some. Guys like Pageau, Pyatt, etc. 4 games does not negate what we've seen from them last season.

MarkStone

Frankie Fryer
Mar 12, 2016
It's annoying listening to Boucher mostly criticizing Chabot when I felt like he did the best he could do under the circumstances. Feels like if he played the same way but was 30 instead of 20, that he'd be getting twice the ice-time and getting nothing but praise.

To be fair considering he's by far our most highly touted prospect it only seems responsible that Boucher would demand more from him. I agree that he was solid under the circumstances but I certainly hope he's far better at 3o compared to his current level. That being said, haven't heard the interview but there are veteran guys that deserve a heck of alot more criticism for their play compared to Chabot.

Micklebot

Apr 27, 2010
We've scored 5 goals in our last 4 games. The system is largely responsible for that.
I don't think so. Players not executing doesn't mean the system isn't working. I'd agree that what we're doing on the PP hasn't been up to par, but typically that's not what people mean by system.

If we looked sharp but our defensive system just wasn't creating enough offense, that's a different story, but we've been lethargic, mishandling pucks, making poor choices with the puck.

Reactions: Deku

Micklebot

Apr 27, 2010
He had a pretty good game other than when he tried to flip the puck over the Caps forward which turned into a scoring chance for Vrana.

Other than that??? He was solid.
Yeah, that was the only obvious mistake I saw. Perhaps his positioning was off away from the play and it just didn't bite us?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad