Pre-Game Talk: SENS in the little Apple (Toronto), Wednesday night 7pm

Joeffice

Mar 11, 2023
Regina
Ottawa tends to play well against this generation of Leafs, but I think tomorrow could get ugly.
-Leafs need to prove they are still a top team in this division.​
-Ottawa has responded to their GM being fired and coach being on the hotseat by playing even worse.​

2CHAINZ

Feb 27, 2008
Everyone keeps referencing this decisive win by Watson, I thought I saw them fall before a fight broke out. Does falling on top of your opponent with no punches thrown count as a win? I don’t really care, I just remember being unimpressed either way.
Well, if he fights Reaves, I wish him the best of luck.
I know way less than you, so not disagreeing, but sometimes when I see a disparity like the one between their usage and results, I wonder if the usage has contributed to the results. In other words, maybe Tarasenko has thrived because he's older and is not being run into the ground.
I mean, sure, and if Greig or Pinto were in the lineup, it would make sense to run three lines of offense. However, with Greig out and Chartier being a black hole offensively to me, it just makes more sense to put him in the top 6 and maybe spark Timmy up a bit.
A box of fried chicken? :)
I love fried chicken

PoutineSp00nZ

Electricity is really just organized lightning.
Jul 21, 2009
Ottawa
Either the Sens galvanize themselves behind the adversity and their coach and absolutely torch the Leafs or they're going to get utterly slaughtered. Lopsided score one way or the other.

• Haha
Reactions: Agent Zub

Butchy Dakkar

Dark Butch Yak didn't seem right.
Oct 3, 2020
We play better against better teams. Should be a good one, don’t know if we can pull it off. There will be a lot of goals though.

Micklebot

Apr 27, 2010
Stutzle and Giroux have good chemistry and Joseph is a buzzsaw. Love that line too. Stutzle will be able to play with more speed with Joseph on that line and Giroux adapts well anywhere. This line will also get better matchups and that should help Stutzle.
Stü had good chemistry with Formenton a couple years ago, maybe Joseph can play a similar role there, I think it can work well.

Too bad Greig is hurt,

Reactions: Cosmix

Icelevel

During these difficult times...
Sep 9, 2009
Yeah, you are right. Let's put in our other NHL ready defencemen...
Heatherington/Matinpalo/Guenette

Any of those guys over jbd I’d say. It’s time to move on from him and give someone else a chance. Jbd should have no future here.

Reactions: robsenz

Tnuoc Alucard

🇨🇦🔑🧲✈️🎲🥅🎱🍟🥨🌗
Sep 23, 2015
No but I'd like to borrow your leafs blanket if you don't mind. It gets chilly in the arena on my legs.

sounds like a sleepover is in the makings
1699448703321.png

Tnuoc Alucard

🇨🇦🔑🧲✈️🎲🥅🎱🍟🥨🌗
Sep 23, 2015
I'm trying to think of a political comparison of this potential meeting, but it's against the rules so I won't.

Waiting intently for an update to this! You guys should just catch the game at Craft Beer Market
(Few will know, but) how about Torgau?

1699449024278.jpeg

L'Aveuglette

つ ◕_◕ ༽つ
Jan 8, 2007
Montreal
Don't think I'll be looking forward to any games this season until the lame duck behind the bench is finally fired.

Knowing they'll probably do it once the playoffs are out of reach doesn't help bring my excitement level up either.

Reactions: Gil Gunderson

HSF

Sep 3, 2008
I would play Korpi

I think he has been better than Forsberg

AchtzehnBaby

Global Matador
Mar 28, 2013
Hazeldean Road
Don't think I'll be looking forward to any games this season until the lame duck behind the bench is finally fired.

Knowing they'll probably do it once the playoffs are out of reach doesn't help bring my excitement level up either.
Maybe like Gatineau Greg you can give up until there is a change?

K1900L

Dec 27, 2019
I don't think I've ever seen this group of players more confident, happy and cheerful going into a game, and I genuinely don't know how to interpret and what to think of it.
Is it just the usual 'fake it until you make it', or is it similar to a guy who is going to jump off a cliff and whose last action is to hysterically laugh about anything and himself?

Let's find out today at 7pm!

Last edited:

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad