GDT: Sens in Tampa Sunday 5:00 pm on TSN

Status
Not open for further replies.

philb613

Feb 9, 2011
Ottawa
Tough game, hard to be competitive when you lose two D early and a top forward. Ceci will likely be out a while from what I hear, and won't be 100% for the rest of the season.

Sens of Anarchy

Jul 9, 2013
We are hanging by a thread in the playoff spot.

Its really tight. It can change fast. We need to be better. We were on a roll and we rolled off it the last time through Fla.

Even DC may be challenged if Ceci or Ryan miss more time.

L'Aveuglette

つ ◕_◕ ༽つ
Jan 8, 2007
Montreal
Tough game, hard to be competitive when you lose two D early and a top forward. Ceci will likely be out a while from what I hear, and won't be 100% for the rest of the season.

Can you share where you heard about Ceci's injury? If it's a long-term thing, and Murray doesn't address our D, I fear that could be it for our playoff chances.

Burrowsaurus

Mar 20, 2013
Chris Neil is a better hockey player than Alex chiasson.

The "convince sens fan the spezza trade wasn't that bad " experiment has failed. It's okay. We know it was a bad trade and we don't blame you BM. But he doesn't have to treat us like a bunch of idiots. Like "look chiasson is actually serviceable". The guy is useless. And seeing him in the powerplay hurts.

Pierre from Orleans

May 9, 2007
Smith does not fit on the top PP. He doesn't think the game like the others.

Zibanejad was pretty horrible throughout and especially on the power play. He looks so disengaged out there. Very frustrating to see. He can be dominant if he just uses his body and frame.

IceBjoern

Feb 24, 2010
Stockholm
Kind of blown away by EK's 34:35 mins of TOI.

I mean, that's inhuman. He didn't even look tired at the end of the game.

He played more than 36min and he was basically standing still the last few seconds.. He was tired! Good game nonetheless, he is turning in to a one man team.

Lenny the Lynx

Sep 20, 2008
ON
This season is going to start looking pretty bleak if Ceci is out long term. He is massively underrated by many around here.

Smith does not fit on the top PP. He doesn't think the game like the others.

It's so strange that this even has to be said. How is this still going on?

WhiteLight*

I'm just tired of seeing useless guys. That's what bothered me the most about losing Condra. Condra isn't a great player, but at least he wasn't useless like a couple of bottom 6 RWs we all know about

Time to sit Chiasseed and Nail

DrEasy

Out rumptackling
Oct 3, 2010
Stützville
Tough to assess this game, given all the injuries and the circumstances of the goals scored against the Sens. I thought the 4 defensemen we were left with actually did a pretty decent job, and that includes Wiercioch. I was more disappointed in our forwards. Hoff, Stone, Pageau were good. The others either lack skill (DD was particularly bad I thought, Chiasson, Neil), hustle (Ziba) or experience (Prince).

krapsik

Nov 13, 2009
Estonia
Tough to assess this game, given all the injuries and the circumstances of the goals scored against the Sens. I thought the 4 defensemen we were left with actually did a pretty decent job, and that includes Wiercioch. I was more disappointed in our forwards. Hoff, Stone, Pageau were good. The others either lack skill (DD was particularly bad I thought, Chiasson, Neil), hustle (Ziba) or experience (Prince).

Stone was awful. Worst forward on our team for sure.

Here I Pageau Again

Jul 4, 2012
It's hard to watch this team, first with all the injuries and then it's like there is no heart when this team is playing. They play well for portions of the game -- but I don't know the last time they strung together a great win.

This team desperately needs a D. I am OK with waiting on a forward (because there is just lots of injury), but they probably need another F as well.

But I see us riding what we've got until we are well outside of a playoff spot. Wish we had something other than Karlsson to rely on to try and get something going for a win.

I guess it's good I only watched the 1st half of the game though.

Viletho

Jan 20, 2015
How on earth does Methot have barely 20 min of TOI?? Isn't he our #2? And with only 2 pairs of Dman..

J0sh

Jul 12, 2015
How on earth does Methot have barely 20 min of TOI?? Isn't he our #2? And with only 2 pairs of Dman..
His job was to babysit wideman since he's still a rookie but was forced to play tougher matchups. On a positive note Wideman and Wier looked good that game and might both be ready for the top 4.

Viletho

Jan 20, 2015
His job was to babysit wideman since he's still a rookie but was forced to play tougher matchups. On a positive note Wideman and Wier looked good that game and might both be ready for the top 4.

They did look good. That's why I was surprise when i saw Wideman and Methot TOI. Wier had a great game. I looked confident. It's been 2-3 good game in a row for him. It wasn't perfect, but he actually looked like a NHL Dman.

BK201

Apr 11, 2011
Can you share where you heard about Ceci's injury? If it's a long-term thing, and Murray doesn't address our D, I fear that could be it for our playoff chances.

Well I can say playoff chances get the sens listening. They want the revenue.

Lexus

OWN THE MOMENT.
Jan 29, 2009
Via Sportsnet stats:
#Sens Erik Karlsson Time on Ice tonight - 36:34

That's the most by any player in a non-OT game since Dan Boyle went 37:03 on Feb 23, 2008

philb613

Feb 9, 2011
Ottawa

It's soft tissue related, he didn't break anything. Don't think I can say anything more than that.

Xspyrit

DJ Dorion
Jun 29, 2008
Montreal, Canada
Isn`t it interesting this yr with all the *****ing & complaining we have been doing about the problems with this team that they are only 4 pts out of first place in a tough division? Even with all the odd moves the coaching staff has made & some of it has actually worked out & how crappy the defence has played they are still in a playoff position. It just goes to show you that it's a long season, we don't always know what we are talking about half the time & show no patience. There will be ebbs & flow, wins & losses but the important thing is that they show positive progression & sheepishly & grudgingly they are slowly getting better, it seems.

Maybe at this time of the yr we begin to appreciate the team we have instead of the team we would all prefer to have & give thanks that they are not the stinking Leafs. I would also not like them to be the stinking Habs but instead a hard working team with a few holes that need to be filled who are hopefully progressively getting better & should make the playoffs. The organization also has some good young prospects coming as some of their vets are on the verge of potentially moving on which could & should make for a better team in the future. Maybe not lots to be thankful for but certainly something to be grateful for. :handclap:

:xcheers: Merry Christmas everyone. :xcheers:

wisdom :handclap:

I think this fanbase had it far too easy for a while (particularly in those rebuilding years), I mean those who didn't went through the first few years... I think we are due for a big lifetime lesson. That's usually what happens when you're never happy with what you have.

Merry Christmas Aragorn

Smith is terrible in the top 6. What's even more infuriating is Cameron rewarding his incompetence when he's so quick to bench guys like Hoffman and Prince.

No doubt the double standard has been noted by the players. That's a great way to lose the room, much like how Maclean did.

I read this post at the exact same time Zack Smith scored shorthanded

Wow wtf Hoffman that was so stupid holy crap

Karlsson totally stopped skating... Of course, he was probably tired, forced playing at 4D

Out worked, Out Coached, Out Scored.

Chemistry was bad, they looked like they were having a good start though but after the Boro hit, they were never able to recover. That being said, it was still just a 1 goal game before 2 empty netters. To their defense, they are hit by the injury bug pretty badly though

And... they got screwed badly in the first where the Bolts scored 2 goals, and even the 3rd could have easily been called back

That being said, they didn't really deserved to win, really didn't generate enough offensively.

Lack of IQ.

Hoffman and/or Karlsson lack IQ?

ok lol, very insightful.

Last edited by a moderator:

topshelf15

May 5, 2009
wisdom :handclap:

I think this fanbase had it far too easy for a while (particularly in those rebuilding years), I mean those who didn't went through the first few years... I think we are due for a big lifetime lesson. That's usually what happens when you're never happy with what you have.

Merry Christmas Aragorn

Karlsson totally stopped skating... Of course, he was probably tired, forced playing at 4D

Chemistry was bad, they looked like they were having a good start though but after the Boro hit, they were never able to recover. That being said, it was still just a 1 goal game before 2 empty netters. To their defense, they are hit by the injury bug pretty badly though

Hoffman and/or Karlsson lack IQ?

ok lol, your posts seem very insightful.
Just hope Ceci and Ryan are ok ,without them we might be in very big trouble:cry:

Last edited by a moderator:

Larionov

Feb 9, 2005
Ottawa, ON
We know what Bobby Ryan's issue is - he has a broken finger. Like Milo (who should be back tomorrow night) he needs a couple weeks off to let it heal properly.

As for Ceci, if he's out long term I think we need to take a look at Claesson. Mark Fraser is who he is - a borderline player whose lack of foot speed would be cruelly exposed against faster players and teams. He's basically Boro's twin, but perhaps half a step slower. There's a chance that Claesson might be an NHLer - no guarantee, but a chance. Might as well see now if that is the case.

topshelf15

May 5, 2009
We know what Bobby Ryan's issue is - he has a broken finger. Like Milo (who should be back tomorrow night) he needs a couple weeks off to let it heal properly.

As for Ceci, if he's out long term I think we need to take a look at Claesson. Mark Fraser is who he is - a borderline player whose lack of foot speed would be cruelly exposed against faster players and teams. He's basically Boro's twin, but perhaps half a step slower. There's a chance that Claesson might be an NHLer - no guarantee, but a chance. Might as well see now if that is the case.
Yep,there is no chance we can find a replacement for Ceci any way really.Might as well give him a look

FolignoQuantumLeap

Don't Hold The Door
Mar 16, 2009
Ottawa

Right. Shorthanded. In a role he can actually be used. Assisted by Curtis Lazar, not Mark Stone of Kyle Turris. The fact is that while playing with the top line or with Zibanejad over the past few weeks, he hasn't produced a single point and his lines have been completely neutralized. No one can make excuses for him or Dave Cameron at this point. The results speak for themselves and the one ice play is even more damning. I'll even point the finger at Smith's presence on the PP unit over Mike Hoffman as being the major cause in the PP going quite as well.

Smith is suited well in that 4th line center role and has performed well there but he's been a complete negative for the club as a 1st line winger. This team can't hope to beat any team without our top line clicking.

It's time for DC to put guys in roles they're suited for rather than putting square pegs in a round holes.

aragorn

Do The Right Thing
Aug 8, 2004
Yep,there is no chance we can find a replacement for Ceci any way really.Might as well give him a look

Claesson plays the left side, I'm not sure they will call him up since they still have Cowen sitting around & most likely will insert Cowen before anyone else & put Boro on the right side which is not ideal but that is what they have done already this yr in several games.

If Ceci is out for a while it's more likely they will call up Kostka who is a right shot like Ceci & he was already called up earlier this yr. I assume he will play on the 3rd pairing & Wideman will move up to the 2nd pairing on the right side if he gets into a game. Kostka showed in preseason that he is a decent player & has NHL experience & has played for several NHL teams. It's not going to be as bad as so many on here are fearing, it never is. 95% of the things we fear never happen.

topshelf15

May 5, 2009
Claesson plays the left side, I'm not sure they will call him up since they still have Cowen sitting around & most likely will insert Cowen before anyone else & put Boro on the right side which is not ideal but that is what they have done already this yr in several games.

If Ceci is out for a while it's more likely they will call up Kostka who is a right shot like Ceci & he was already called up earlier this yr. I assume he will play on the 3rd pairing & Wideman will move up to the 2nd pairing on the right side if he gets into a game. Kostka showed in preseason that he is a decent player & has NHL experience & has played for several NHL teams. It's not going to be as bad as so many on here are fearing, it never is. 95% of the things we fear never happen.
Maybe ,but we need to really look at trying to add some more speed/skill into the bottom 6,to try and lessen the pressure on the defense then

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad