GDT: Sens in Tampa Sunday 5:00 pm on TSN

Status
Not open for further replies.

krapsik

Nov 13, 2009
Estonia
Most important game of the year. Stamkos strugles. Bolts sucks. I guess we see backup.

Easy Loss.

bert

Nov 11, 2002
Visit site
Any idea who the starting goalie will be? Will Hammond see a lot of action down the stretch?

With the way he plays on the road and how Andy plays at home right now it makes sense for him to get the start. So expect the opposite.

Samboni

Jan 26, 2014
Sens need to play with some desperation. They haven't locked up a playoff spot yet.

aragorn

Do The Right Thing
Aug 8, 2004
Isn`t it interesting this yr with all the *****ing & complaining we have been doing about the problems with this team that they are only 4 pts out of first place in a tough division? Even with all the odd moves the coaching staff has made & some of it has actually worked out & how crappy the defence has played they are still in a playoff position. It just goes to show you that it's a long season, we don't always know what we are talking about half the time & show no patience. There will be ebbs & flow, wins & losses but the important thing is that they show positive progression & sheepishly & grudgingly they are slowly getting better, it seems.

Maybe at this time of the yr we begin to appreciate the team we have instead of the team we would all prefer to have & give thanks that they are not the stinking Leafs. I would also not like them to be the stinking Habs but instead a hard working team with a few holes that need to be filled who are hopefully progressively getting better & should make the playoffs. The organization also has some good young prospects coming as some of their vets are on the verge of potentially moving on which could & should make for a better team in the future. Maybe not lots to be thankful for but certainly something to be grateful for. :handclap:

:xcheers: Merry Christmas everyone. :xcheers:

Last edited:

internetdotcom

11 + 15 + 19 = 666
Jun 23, 2009
Capital O
Go Sens go!

Easy win.

Oh, and to the OP, we are not 'freezing our nuts off' here. You know that its been unseasonably warm for a couple of months now right? And that the short term forecast at least has it getting warmer? And that we are about to have the only green Christmas in (I think) my lifetime (and I'm no spring chicken).

/rant ;)

Anyway, in a couple of weeks, I'll be in Mexico, so it can be cold here then. ;)

aragorn

Do The Right Thing
Aug 8, 2004
Smith still on the first line irritates me to no end.

What about the second line? And who would you have there instead, Prince who with all his offensive skills & opportunities there can't seem to produce pts consistently? I much prefer Smith who brings size & grit to the soft top six that we have, he fights for loose pucks, he actually knows where the front of the net is & goes there to screen goalies & he is excellent at faceoffs which drives possession.

He also seems to irritate opposing players which Ottawa needs someone to do. I don't see him hurting the team & it irritates me to no end when refs call him for penalties after so called stars cry to the refs. IMO there is nobody else who can play on the top two lines who isn't injured & having Smith there allows Lazar to play centre where as I have said on many occasions he is much more comfortable & prefers & playing much better.

L'Aveuglette

つ ◕_◕ ༽つ
Jan 8, 2007
Montreal
What about the second line? And who would you have there instead, Prince who with all his offensive skills & opportunities there can't seem to produce pts consistently? I much prefer Smith who brings size & grit to the soft top six that we have, he fights for loose pucks, he actually knows where the front of the net is & goes there to screen goalies & he is excellent at faceoffs which drives possession.

He also seems to irritate opposing players which Ottawa needs someone to do. I don't see him hurting the team & it irritates me to no end when refs call him for penalties after so called stars cry to the refs. IMO there is nobody else who can play on the top two lines who isn't injured & having Smith there allows Lazar to play centre where as I have said on many occasions he is much more comfortable & prefers & playing much better.

Good points.

But I think Smith is much more effective centering the 4th line, and I would prefer seeing Prince get a few games up there instead. Aside from the last game, it hasn't exactly been a successful move.

Simple as that really.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad