GDT: Sens in Tampa Sunday 5:00 pm on TSN

Status
Not open for further replies.

Cosmix

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 24, 2011
Ottawa
Dave Cameron is an absolute idiot. "Oh yeah let's just pull Hammond again, I prefer losing by 3"

Losing by 1, 2, 3 or more is still only 1 game loss. No need to call him an idiot. The team was in this game and only 1 goal behind due to crappy refereeing and lack of work effort and talent.

Cosmix

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 24, 2011
Ottawa
Zibanejad invisible yet again. He will never challenge for the number 1 centre position playing the way he does

I have been concerned about Zibanejad's lack of emotion, enthusiasm, hustle for quite a while now. I was hoping he would develop some jam too but I do not see much progress. If I were the GM I would consider trading him to a team that values him highly.

Cosmix

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 24, 2011
Ottawa
We desperately need to acquire a defenseman whether he's healthy or not. Despite having the reigning Norris winner on our team, we give up the most shots in the league. We have the worst defense corps in the league. This should be unacceptable and yet it continues to persist.

Given the rarity of trades in the NHL these days & unless they are able to get one at the trade deadline or over the summer I maintain they will wait to see if Chabot can be that guy next season. While he will be a rookie he is already a smoother skater & better passer than Cowen, Wiercioch & Boroweicki put together & really only lacks experience which will probably hurt us occasionally. I think they try & move Cowen before next season, if it's even possible & the big question will be who plays on the 3rd pairing along with Wideman? Wiercioch or Boroweicki or somebody else? I don't really see Chabot being returned to junior next yr given his talent & the impression he left this yr unless he stinks during training camp.

I agree with both of you. We desperately need a quality Defenseman and the likelihood of acquiring one without giving up a quality player is zilch! Chabot is at least one year away. Cowen is likely the one on the trading block due to his $5M salary next year and other team's will want to dump some salary in any trade for him, so the odds of getting better soon are very low.

Cosmix

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 24, 2011
Ottawa
Chabot probably won't be ready to be a top-4 d-man for 3 more years, if ever. This team needs help very badly right now, not 3 years from now. Not to mention that Ceci is already struggling trying to do what you're saying. Are we planning to pair two inexperienced, struggling, young kids together on our 2nd pairing? If that opinion is shared by anybody in Sens management, they need to be fired... and beaten.

I think Senators hockey ops is getting desperate as the record is starting to tell the tale.

ElRossoMatt

Feb 13, 2010
Bucharest,Romania
Maan the Lightining outplayed us badly. They looked really really good. You could obviously see why they got to the finals last year. Great team. I don't think we've been so badly outplayed this year by any other team, oh other than Montreal in the first game and in the 3rd game.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad