Pre-Game Talk: SENS in T.O. Sat. 7:00 pm HNIC

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sens Rule

Sep 22, 2005
I agree. I think it's lame to hope we win 2nd in the division just so we don't have to play a metropolitan team. We actually have a decent record against that division. Besides, beyond the leafs, i want revenge on the rangers for 2012. Still can't believe we let that one get away.

Also I think it'd be pretty sweet to win our first division title since 2006.

Agreed. And in a 30 team league with 4 divisions winning a division is pretty huge.

11 games over .500 now. Lets be 20 games plus over by 82 games and fave who we face. 1st or 2nd in division we still are better off then anyone in the Pacific in matchups.

We are not even locks for the playoffs. But now you just should want to win as much as possible and take any playoff spot possible. Especially 1st in division.

Hellraising Senator

Feb 15, 2017
Team just needs to focus on being the best they can. Night in and night out. Standings sort themselves out.

We have a good club with a bright future. It is fun being a fan again.

Personally I am starting Anderson tonight and Condon tomorrow. Not that it matters what I personally would do. Just as some have said. A divisional game. Anderson needs to get in the tough games now to be prepared for the playoff push and playoffs. This is a good litmus test game.

As far as who we play in the playoffs. Irrelevent. Regardless to win real hardware we are going to have to face the elite. Go hard or go home. The best learning experiences are the toughest. Winning the division and facing NYR is my ideal situation for the team. Gives us best chance at real growth in long term.

Tonight though, just win boys!

Rooverick*

Jan 5, 2008
As long as we don't play Toronto in the playoffs I'll be happy.

I won't believe we can win series against them until I see it happen with my own eyes.

Hope we win every game we play and finish first in the division.

If i did have the chance to hand pick an opponent it would be the Leafs. Their style is not suited for the playoffs and they have ZERO experience, except for one of the biggest choke jobs in NHL history for the few players who have been to post season.

The added bonus is that we'd settle a portion of the score and hopefully silence Sens fans of your ilk.

topshelf15

May 5, 2009
Hope we win every game we play and finish first in the division.

If i did have the chance to hand pick an opponent it would be the Leafs. Their style is not suited for the playoffs and they have ZERO experience, except for one of the biggest choke jobs in NHL history for the few players who have been to post season.

The added bonus is that we'd settle a portion of the score and hopefully silence Sens fans of your ilk.
Meh, not really sure i agree here .At the end of the day they are all hockey players,them being young with no pressure may be in fact a blessing for them :nod:

chipsens

Post and in...
Jan 9, 2013
Beat the Buds. Push em down in the standings so Sabres & Panthers can overtake them. Go Sens! Line-up? Is Claesson in?

scallionjj11

FOREVERALFIE
Jun 10, 2009
East Coast
Agreed. And in a 30 team league with 4 divisions winning a division is pretty huge.

11 games over .500 now. Lets be 20 games plus over by 82 games and fave who we face. 1st or 2nd in division we still are better off then anyone in the Pacific in matchups.

We are not even locks for the playoffs. But now you just should want to win as much as possible and take any playoff spot possible. Especially 1st in division.

While this may be true mathematically, do you really think we're going to miss?

I don't want to jinx it or anything but something would have to go terrible wrong.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

• USA vs Sweden
    USA vs Sweden
    Wagers: 3
    Staked: $1,050.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Finland vs Czechia
    Finland vs Czechia