Pre-Game Talk: SENS in T.O. Sat. 7:00 pm HNIC

Status
Not open for further replies.

Knave

Mar 6, 2007
Ottawa
Nothing wrong with being pessimistic. We'll catch Montreal, easy.

But we'll lose this game. It's Saturday night.

NyQuil

Big F$&*in Q
Jan 5, 2005
Ottawa, ON

As a reminder, here is our Saturday record to date:

Oct. 15 4-3 SOW vs. MTL
Oct. 22 1-4 L vs. TBL
Nov. 5 1-2 L vs. BUF
Nov. 19 1-4 L vs. FLO
Nov. 26 2-1 W vs. CAR
Dec. 3 2-0 W vs. FLO
Dec. 10 1-4 L at LAK
Dec. 17 3-1 W vs. NJD
Jan. 7 0-1 L vs. WAS
Jan. 14 2-4 L vs. TOR
Jan. 21 3-2 OTW at TOR
Feb. 4 0-4 L at BUF
Feb. 11 3-0 W vs. NYI

13 GP 6-7-0

Last edited:

Tragedy

Jan 10, 2013
Regina, SK
As a reminder, here is our Saturday record to date:

Oct. 1 2-3 OTL vs. MTL
Oct. 15 4-3 SOW vs. MTL
Oct. 22 1-4 L vs. TBL
Nov. 5 1-2 L vs. BUF
Nov. 19 1-4 L vs. FLO
Nov. 26 2-1 W vs. CAR
Dec. 3 2-0 W vs. FLO
Dec. 10 1-4 L at LAK
Dec. 17 3-1 W vs. NJD
Jan. 7 0-1 L vs. WAS
Jan. 14 2-4 L vs. TOR
Jan. 21 3-2 OTW at TOR
Feb. 4 0-4 L at BUF
Feb. 11 3-0 W vs. NYI

14 GP 6-6-2

Oct 1st against Montreal was a preseason game

scallionjj11

FOREVERALFIE
Jun 10, 2009
East Coast
Does anyone on this board actually think we're going to miss the playoffs at this point?

Of course it'd be nice to finish the season off on a hot streak but why shouldn't we start to get picky about who we'd prefer to play?

As others have suggested that we are just over the half way mark so we should get excited. We have 27 games left which is just over a 1/4 of the season.

We should all be starting to get a little giddy and excited here.

maclean

Jan 4, 2014
Does anyone on this board actually think we're going to miss the playoffs at this point?

Of course it'd be nice to finish the season off on a hot streak but why shouldn't we start to get picky about who we'd prefer to play?

As others have suggested that we are just over the half way mark so we should get excited. We have 27 games left which is just over a 1/4 of the season.

We should all be starting to get a little giddy and excited here.

Giddy and excited I can deal with, picky about where we finish doesn't sit with me. Picky about finishing in a better position, plus we have no idea who that position would potential give us. I don't think we should "start to get picky" at any point. We should do our best, try to win every game we can. The moment you start thinking beyond that is the moment your head's out of the game, and I suppose as fans we could theoretically have that luxury, but I'm in this with my team

God Says No

Mar 16, 2012
We shouldn't wish for certain matchups or final standings position. Just wish for the best possible finish. I'm all for finishing first in the Atlantic, even if it means facing a team from Metro. NYR and CBJ don't scare me.

slamigo

Skate or Die!
Dec 25, 2007
Ottawa
You have to push the pedal to the floor at the end of the season and keep momentum. Can't take days off hoping to fall in the standings. Jeez, I hope no NHLers actually think like that.

NyQuil

Big F$&*in Q
Jan 5, 2005
Ottawa, ON
You have to push the pedal to the floor at the end of the season and keep momentum. Can't take days off hoping to fall in the standings. Jeez, I hope no NHLers actually think like that.

The only time I can think of this actually happening is when Sweden tanked in 2006 to face Switzerland in the knock-out stage and ended up winning the Gold in Torino.

Forsberg came out later on and basically admitted it and then back-tracked heavily. ;)

http://www.cbc.ca/sports/hockey/nhl/forsberg-in-flap-over-2006-olympic-comments-1.1007997

Here I Pageau Again

Jul 4, 2012

Hopefully my record at these games continues! 3 years in a row we've won the game I've been to. And 3 years in a row the entire arena won free pizza! Let the trend continue!!!

Although I'm always pessimistic about the leafs. So I'm always going in thinking it's a loss.

scallionjj11

FOREVERALFIE
Jun 10, 2009
East Coast
Giddy and excited I can deal with, picky about where we finish doesn't sit with me. Picky about finishing in a better position, plus we have no idea who that position would potential give us. I don't think we should "start to get picky" at any point. We should do our best, try to win every game we can. The moment you start thinking beyond that is the moment your head's out of the game, and I suppose as fans we could theoretically have that luxury, but I'm in this with my team

I'm not saying its a luxury or we even have the choice of picking who we play but i'm saying is that i'd rather have a match up of Toronto or Florida or a similar oppose to New Rangers or Columbus (even though Columbus might not be so bad at this point).

maclean

Jan 4, 2014
I'm not saying its a luxury or we even have the choice of picking who we play but i'm saying is that i'd rather have a match up of Toronto or Florida or a similar oppose to New Rangers or Columbus (even though Columbus might not be so bad at this point).

I know it sounds lame but if we're gonna be cocky enough to want to pick who we get in the first round, we have to be cocky enough to take the ****ing rangers or columbus or whoever. If we're in this to win we can take those teams and if we can't then who's going to remember if we dropped out in the first or second round?

Here I Pageau Again

Jul 4, 2012
I know it sounds lame but if we're gonna be cocky enough to want to pick who we get in the first round, we have to be cocky enough to take the ****ing rangers or columbus or whoever. If we're in this to win we can take those teams and if we can't then who's going to remember if we dropped out in the first or second round?
I'm in this boat.

You gotta beat the best to be the best so I don't care who we match up with. Let's just make the playoffs and take it from there

SensHulk

May 31, 2016
San Jose, CA

I agree. I think it's lame to hope we win 2nd in the division just so we don't have to play a metropolitan team. We actually have a decent record against that division. Besides, beyond the leafs, i want revenge on the rangers for 2012. Still can't believe we let that one get away.

Also I think it'd be pretty sweet to win our first division title since 2006.

maclean

Jan 4, 2014
I agree. I think it's lame to hope we win 2nd in the division just so we don't have to play a metropolitan team. We actually have a decent record against that division. Besides, beyond the leafs, i want revenge on the rangers for 2012. Still can't believe we let that one get away.

Exactly. I so thought we had the Rangers that year. We'd had their number all year. I thought it was a gift. I was pissed that we let them beat us

TheNewEra

Jul 10, 2013
Exactly. I so thought we had the Rangers that year. We'd had their number all year. I thought it was a gift. I was pissed that we let them beat us

Oh that bs foligno goalie interference penalty still pisses me off

DrunkUncleDenis

Condra Fan
Mar 27, 2012

We're not the players. We don't have any impact on the outcome on the games being played.. We don't need to have the hockey player mindset of "one game at a time", "we don't look at the standings", "we shouldn't be looking ahead to the playoffs".

Come on. We're fans. Why not take an interest on who you'd match up with well or not instead sticking your head in the sand, ignoring it for the sake of ignoring it because we aren't in yet? It's just for fun anyway.

Good point.

Last edited:

Do Make Say Think

& Yet & Yet
Jun 26, 2007
As long as we don't play Toronto in the playoffs I'll be happy.

I won't believe we can win series against them until I see it happen with my own eyes.

Mar 20, 2006
Ottawa
Andy is the #1 but I think he still needs a few more game before rounding into top form. I would go with Condon Saturday, Andy Sunday.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad