Pre-Game Talk: SENS in T.O. Sat. 7:00 pm HNIC

Status
Not open for further replies.
Mar 20, 2006
Ottawa
Start Condon or Anderson????

It's a coin flip for me. There is a case for Andy with having a break last night but also for getting Condon a couple of games in a row to keep as sharp as possible. Both are playing well and can get it done.

I'm leery of dropping Anderson into normal full time #1 duty vs. working him up to it over the next 20 games with more of a 1a and 1b situation.

Either way, nice to actually have 2 goalies that can do the job.

DrunkUncleDenis

Condra Fan
Mar 27, 2012

It's a coin flip for me. There is a case for Andy with having a break last night but also for getting Condon a couple of games in a row to keep as sharp as possible. Both are playing well and can get it done.

I'm leery of dropping Anderson into normal full time #1 duty vs. working him up to it over the next 20 games with more of a 1a and 1b situation.

Ya it's gonna be tricky and I'm sure some folks will be unhappy either way it ends up. But whatever the case, they will both be playing this weekend given the back to backs.

pepty

Let's win it all
Feb 22, 2005
What is Andy's record against the Leafs?
Seems to me he used to have problems with them.

NyQuil

Big F$&*in Q
Jan 5, 2005
Ottawa, ON

Yeah, ultimately it's a good problem to have.

However, it will mean that whenever we lose a game, the coach will have made the wrong call in the post-game discussion.

scallionjj11

FOREVERALFIE
Jun 10, 2009
East Coast
Does anyone else realize that we probably shouldn't finish 1st in the Atlantic because this would result in a tougher first round match up?

NyQuil

Big F$&*in Q
Jan 5, 2005
Ottawa, ON
Does anyone else realize that we probably shouldn't finish 1st in the Atlantic because this would result in a tougher first round match up?

The best thing this team can do to succeed in the playoffs is to play their best hockey down the stretch.

I'd rather be hot going into the post-season than backing in against a "weaker" opponent.

DrunkUncleDenis

Condra Fan
Mar 27, 2012

Yup. Key is to either take 1st and hope to match up against CBJ, or maintain second. We still need to keep up the wins. MTL will likely get a boost with Julien coming in.

maclean

Jan 4, 2014

we're only just past the halfway point of the season. i think it's a bit early to be thinking along those lines

NyQuil

Big F$&*in Q
Jan 5, 2005
Ottawa, ON
says the guy who posted our sportsclubstats playoff percentage couple weeks ago.

VlgXG.gif

Upgrayedd

Earn'em and Burn'em
Oct 14, 2010
Ottawa

My view is that Condon is playing better at the moment but you have to go with Anderson for confidence and get him going for the playoffs. Like you said its nice to have confidence in both guys so I will be happy either way

I feel ya but I do not believe we are in a position to be picky about where we finish and taking the division could add some much needed confidence/moxie to the team.

GWNR

Dec 10, 2013
Ottawa, Ontario
Personally I start Andy Saturday.

Nothing against Condon, but on a back to back you play your best against the better team, which IMO is Toronto.

Condon on Sunday.

Maybe if Andy has a bad game and Condon has a great game then we're talking about who to start next week, but I think you go #1 Saturday for sure, which I think is Andy.

Super Cake

Jun 24, 2013
Isn't that talking about the playoffs?

It is talking about our probability of making the playoffs.

Some people here are acting like it is a certainty that we make the playoffs.

There is a difference.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad