Pre-Game Talk: SENS in old Montreal, Wednesday 7:30pm on SporstNet

MarkStone

Frankie Fryer
Mar 12, 2016
So how many more games do we have to lose before we get a new coach this time?

Three for the even ten?

At what point does management blame the players who have done this since 2013?

To be fair quite a bit of turnover has taken place since the Paulrus was fired. But the no-show year after the Hamburglar run? Definitely on alot of this core.

Cloud

Feb 22, 2016
Yukon
I think the PP could use a little coaching. maybe he should focus there for a bit.

I think they need to just try to simplify the PP...Boucher himself likes to tell everybody that this team doesn't have any elite level talent...so why continue to try all these pretty "elite" passing plays to try to get the perfect shot...it rarely works( at least with the Sens)...and hasn't been working at all lately...why they don't just try to get a couple guys in front and drive the puck to the net and try for some gritty rebounds on a scramble or something. Those kind of PP's at least usually generate something more often then we are seeing happen now.

Pierre from Orleans

May 9, 2007
Honestly, Oduya wasn't the problem, but I guess if you're going to scratch a Dman to get Chabot in, he's the one I'd go with too.

White though, I'm not really sure he's the solution.
Oduya was ok today. Wasn't part of any solution but not a big part of the problem.

Burrowsaurus

Mar 20, 2013
Exactly. Everybody is pointing the finger at Duchene, Oduya and Burrows for some reason. These are the real culprits.
Duchene is a culprit. One of many. Oduya is simply just not good enough and he's keeping better players out of the lineup.

Filatov2Kovalev2Bonk

Effortless sexy.
Jul 13, 2006
Cumberland
Forget +/-, it isn't relevant.

There are many issues on this team:
Ceci/Phaneuf getting caved possession wise.
Duchene needing to get used to the team.
Karlsson being nearly immobile.
Ryan playng with one hand.
Goaltenders being average.
Dorion being reactionary.

+/- is the least of the concerns here.

L'Aveuglette

つ ◕_◕ ༽つ
Jan 8, 2007
Montreal
Time to trade Karlsson? It's time to go in another direction here, we need to go with youth and rebuilt, this team is a disaster!!! we need to do something drastic, we will never be a top team if we keep going like this. This team was playing better without Karlsson at the start of the season, its time for management to admit their mistakes and stop making us believe that we're a contender!!!
Its been the same crap for that last decade enough is enough, we need to change to make-up of this team.
I know many of you will say it would be crazy to trade Karlsson but we are not winning with him, this team needs a new identity.
To watch this team play is pure agony

Posts like these give Sens fans a bad name.

Reactions: Engineer

swiftwin

★SUMMER.OF.PIERRE★
Jul 26, 2005
I know you guys hate me for being overly positive, but have a look at this. In our first 23 games:

In 2006-07: 11-11-1 23pts
In 2017-18: 8-9-6 22pts

In Murray's 2nd year as coach, after a relatively successful season, the team started the season awfuly. Alfredsson was playing like shiite and was rumored to be traded for Craig Conroy. But we turned it around and went to the cup finals, and Alfie went from goat to god.

Super Cake

Jun 24, 2013
So how many more games do we have to lose before we get a new coach this time?

Three for the even ten?

At what point does management blame the players who have done this since 2013?

The players do deserve much of the blame, but so does the coach.

He is constantly juggling lines, the pp still sucks and i don't like how he doesn't trust youths.

Also, he is currently following the same pattern he did in his other coaching gigs.

Has a good season one year, and then bombs the next.

Still November, but the Sens are running out of wiggle run.

God Says No

Mar 16, 2012
Duchene is a culprit. One of many. Oduya is simply just not good enough and he's keeping better players out of the lineup.

... and fairly or not, Burrows is being paid to score goals. BTW Wingels has the same amount of points as Burrows. We could have kept Wingels at less than half the price and he would bring as much and possibly more than Burrows.

Korpse

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 5, 2010

Chabot does some nice things, and could help in some areas but probably a little optimistic to suggest he is a better player. Guy hasn’t even consistently looked good at the AHL level.

Pierre from Orleans

May 9, 2007
I know you guys hate me for being overly positive, but have a look at this. In our first 23 games:

In Murray's 2nd year as coach, after a relatively successful season, the team started the season awfuly. Alfredsson was playing like shiite and was rumored to be traded for Craig Conroy. But we turned it around and went to the cup finals, and Alfie went from goat to god.
Compare that team with what we have now.

Erik Alfredsson

Beast Mode Cowboy!
Jan 14, 2012

Thanks for this, that honestly gave me a little perspective a hope. Not much, but some.

L'Aveuglette

つ ◕_◕ ༽つ
Jan 8, 2007
Montreal

I don't hate on anyone for being overly positive. What I do mind is when said poster constantly bashes anyone else for not sharing in their optimism when things are obviously looking bleak.

Burrowsaurus

Mar 20, 2013

What happened then really has no bearing on what happens now.

Burrowsaurus

Mar 20, 2013
Chabot does some nice things, and could help in some areas but probably a little optimistic to suggest he is a better player. Guy hasn’t even consistently looked good at the AHL level.
Do you really believe oduya is the better player? Truly. In your heart of hearts.

If you even said he would help in some areas oduya isn't helping in any area

Reactions: DrEasy and Sureves

swiftwin

★SUMMER.OF.PIERRE★
Jul 26, 2005
Coach would first have to admit his team is bad right now instead of reaching for excuses....

What is he supposed to do? Say the team is shit? The team is seriously lacking confidence right now. Effort is not the issue. It was an issue earlier in the streak, but now the team's confidence is shattered.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad