Pre-Game Talk: SENS in NJ, tonight 7:00 pm on TSN

Blarginator

Mar 24, 2010
agree he's a tweener... maybe that's all we are going to get.
I dunno I really like Dzingel and I think he can be a top 6 option as a complementary piece. I don't think he's a true top 6 but he has a lot of good tools. He just doesn't drive the play as much.

Sens of Anarchy

Jul 9, 2013
I dunno I really like Dzingel and I think he can be a top 6 option as a complementary piece. I don't think he's a true top 6 but he has a lot of good tools. He just doesn't drive the play as much.
I see potential too but for him to be a top 6er he needs to take that next step imo

Reactions: Blarginator

NJDevs26

Once upon a time...
Mar 21, 2007
I personally find it hilarious that two of the most derided 'boring' teams have put up two five-star games for entertainment this season. Part of me would want a playoff series with you guys and part of me would dread the gray hairs it would cause.

L'Aveuglette

つ ◕_◕ ༽つ
Jan 8, 2007
Montreal
And the next step really, is burying more of the chances he gets. He's not far off imo.

You could say that about most third liners.

Dzingel wouldn't get much of a look at the top-6 on most teams, but the Sens refuse to get a real winger every year, and we are stuck with trying to force tweeners into roles they aren't quite suited for. Same goes for Smith.

Not saying he's a scrub, but he would be better on Pageau's wing on a consistent basis.

Reactions: Cosmix

DrEasy

Out rumptackling
Oct 3, 2010
Stützville

Dzingel wouldn't get much of a look at the top-6 on most teams, but the Sens refuse to get a real winger every year, and we are stuck with trying to force tweeners into roles they aren't quite suited for. Same goes for Smith.

Not saying he's a scrub, but he would be better on Pageau's wing on a consistent basis.
A Smith - Pageau - Dzingel could be a very nice 3rd line indeed.

Ryan - Brassard - Stone
Hoffman - Turris - ??? <- solve this and cruise into the playoffs
Smith - Pageau - Dzingel
Burrows - Thompson - Pyatt <- as a 4th line I like this

Add White as depth.

Reactions: Cosmix and Boud

bert

Nov 11, 2002
Visit site

Old rookie but He's only in his second season. There are things he can do to work on his finishing. He's been great for the sens in my opinion. Yes lots of missed chances but At least he is getting them. He has shown an ability to play with good players specifically Turris.

What a crazy game that was, incredible to get a point really. This team has got something going on. How about that Dido holy smokes what a game. Looking forward to seeing what This team can do healthy.

bert

Nov 11, 2002
Visit site

Ryan - Brassard - Stone
Hoffman - Turris - ??? <- solve this and cruise into the playoffs
Smith - Pageau - Dzingel
Burrows - Thompson - Pyatt <- as a 4th line I like this

Add White as depth.

??? Is a funny way to spell Didominico. At least mix in a couple of these ¿¿¿♤

Reactions: DrEasy

GWNR

Dec 10, 2013
Ottawa, Ontario

Ryan - Brassard - Stone
Hoffman - Turris - ??? p>
Smith - Pageau - Dzingel
Burrows - Thompson - Pyatt p>

Add White as depth.

I agree with this. I think if you add a top 6 W we have a legit top 6.

thinkwild

Veni Vidi Toga
Jul 29, 2003
Ottawa
Brown, White, Chalapik, Formenton, Batherson, .. lots of potential for filling out those question marks on the 2nd line from within. Wouldn't want to sign someone for that role for too long if at all.

Man what a comeback. Never count out the Sens! They had a knack for this last year too. It's one of those tells of a playoff team. Redblacks did it last night too. Maybe its something in the Ottawa water. Woohoo keep it going boys

God Says No

Mar 16, 2012
I think we may have something with the Hoff - JGP - DiDo line. I thought they played well. Actually Hoffman has been one of our better forwards alongside Brassard and Stone.

I just don't understand why the org doesn't give out a cheap 1 year contract to some veteran forward. It would help us with the forward depth. Last year they banked on Lazar, this year on White. While players like Vrbata, Vanek, Cammalleri, are playing pretty well for not a lot of money. Even if they suck, it's a one year contract. I don't get it.

Reactions: Sens of Anarchy

bert

Nov 11, 2002
Visit site
Brown, White, Chalapik, Formenton, Batherson, .. lots of potential for filling out those question marks on the 2nd line from within. Wouldn't want to sign someone for that role for too long if at all.

Man what a comeback. Never count out the Sens! They had a knack for this last year too. It's one of those tells of a playoff team. Redblacks did it last night too. Maybe its something in the Ottawa water. Woohoo keep it going boys

I got home from some out of town showings earlier than I expected. Had the two t.v's going what a night to be an Ottawa sports fan. Both teams really battled. We're lucky right now it's the best it's ever been to be a sports fan in Ottawa over my 34 years. We shouldn't take it for granted.

Micklebot

Apr 27, 2010
I think we may have something with the Hoff - JGP - DiDo line. I thought they played well. Actually Hoffman has been one of our better forwards alongside Brassard and Stone.

I just don't understand why the org doesn't give out a cheap 1 year contract to some veteran forward. It would help us with the forward depth. Last year they banked on Lazar, this year on White. While players like Vrbata, Vanek, Cammalleri, are playing pretty well for not a lot of money. Even if they suck, it's a one year contract. I don't get it.

Maybe hold off until we know what we got in White before criticizing not signing somebody to fill the role he was expect to before getting injured.

We didn't sign anyone because maybe we expected MacArthur to pass his physical and White to be available. On the other hand, for D we did exactly what your suggesting with Oduya.

Boud

Dec 27, 2011

With Mac out we're definitely missing someone.

Hopefully Dorion acquires a top 6 F so that we can put Smith back on the 3rd with Dzingel and Pageau.

That being said, I do understand wanting to give a good prospect a shot at making the big team especially when the team is playing relatively well and doesn't absolutely need to get a quick fix. White playing top 6 minutes or 3rd line duties would benefit him and the team in the long run.

I'm not the type of guy to hand out a roster spot to a rookie, but I think White is a good all around player that can help us right away. Unlike a lot of other youngster, he will fit right in our system.

If I had to take a guess, we'll see what White can do, re-evaluate in a month or two and then make a move as needed for a playoff push. By that time we'll also have a better idea of where we're at and so will the other teams and that will open up some trade possibilities.

Do Make Say Think

& Yet & Yet
Jun 26, 2007

We are doing rather well all things considered.

Not sure why we would feel the need to go and get someone with where we stand and White coming back soon.

bert

Nov 11, 2002
Visit site

Not sure why we would feel the need to go and get someone with where we stand and White coming back soon.

Dido is a smart player, can clearly play with offensive players. Agreed that for now especially Hoff Pageau Dido should be tried so we can move Pyatt on to a line with Thompson thus even with the injuries we can roll 4. I liked Rodewalds game last night more than McCormick bigger faster and stronger hockey player. Id like to see them run these lines assuming Turris is back for the game Monday.

Chlapik Brassard Stone
Smith Turris Dzingel
Hoffman Pageau Didomenico
Burrows Thompson Pyatt

God Says No

Mar 16, 2012
Maybe hold off until we know what we got in White before criticizing not signing somebody to fill the role he was expect to before getting injured.

We didn't sign anyone because maybe we expected MacArthur to pass his physical and White to be available. On the other hand, for D we did exactly what your suggesting with Oduya.

Yeah, but you are missing the point. I'm not discrediting White. He may be what we wanted and more. What I'm criticizing is not having a backup plan. Just like you said we did have a backup plan for the D, but not the forwards. The management should have learned their lesson last year, when they banked on Lazar and lost miserably. It's not coincidence that they traded for Wingels. Also it's no coincidence that there are multiple stories that Dorion is working the phones looking for forwards.

What I'm suggesting is having a backup plan or security blanket, as we still don't know if White can play and contribute this year. He hasn't so far. And no Vandevelde was not that.

With Mac out we're definitely missing someone.

Hopefully Dorion acquires a top 6 F so that we can put Smith back on the 3rd with Dzingel and Pageau.

That being said, I do understand wanting to give a good prospect a shot at making the big team especially when the team is playing relatively well and doesn't absolutely need to get a quick fix. White playing top 6 minutes or 3rd line duties would benefit him and the team in the long run.

I'm not the type of guy to hand out a roster spot to a rookie, but I think White is a good all around player that can help us right away. Unlike a lot of other youngster, he will fit right in our system.

If I had to take a guess, we'll see what White can do, re-evaluate in a month or two and then make a move as needed for a playoff push. By that time we'll also have a better idea of where we're at and so will the other teams and that will open up some trade possibilities.

Hey, I'm the first to give young guys a chance if they deserve it and let go of veterans who can't cut it. Believe me I've had many discussions how we should have cut bait with Phillips and Neil waaay sooner than the org did. But all I ask is to have a backup plan. You are telling me someone like Vrbata would not look better than Burrows/Dido/Chlapik/McCormick/Rodewald in the top 9? Especially if there was any doubt that MacCarthur would not be able to play?

We're doing ok. But you have to agree that the lineup is pretty thin. We should have done better, and I bet we would have done better if we had some better forwards.

Reactions: DrEasy

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad