Pre-Game Talk: SENS in NJ, tonight 7:00 pm on TSN

Jorge Garcia

Dec 9, 2004
I don't think Dzingel is a top 6 F either.
I actually think he's a great 3rd liner when we're healthy, and a pretty good fill-in as a top-sixer when needed. I think his hockey IQ is fine, watching his passing, his ability to get open, his takeaways and positioning. He misses a lot of chances, but he gets a lot. I think he can be a 20-goal guy.

GWNR

Dec 10, 2013
Ottawa, Ontario
I guess the lesson here is that it's not a Sens game unless there's a blown lead involved. :D

Which can be good. But obvioulsy can be bad.

I'll keep beating this dead horse: they need to figure shit out (like every team), but getting points while in the process is important early in the season.

However, this trend needs to stop. Ill take the points for now.

albator71

Jan 12, 2010
CANADA
Im happy with the point we got tonight, this was a tough situation for us to win tonight but we came back late in the third to steal another valuable point.

But GB needs to practice the shootout we are absolutely Brutal with a capital B in shootouts

Jorge Garcia

Dec 9, 2004
Almost stole it in OT. Correctly, I had no hope for the shootout, because we suck at it on both sides of the puck. But heck, I expected a regulation loss, considering the sked, the injuries and the illnesses, so not a bad outcome.

Zedrow

Nov 25, 2009
Sudbury
I actually think he's a great 3rd liner when we're healthy, and a pretty good fill-in as a top-sixer when needed. I think his hockey IQ is fine, watching his passing, his ability to get open, his takeaways and positioning. He misses a lot of chances, but he gets a lot. I think he can be a 20-goal guy.
I would also add that his speed supports a lot of players like Turris. He can help meet the speed of other teams and take the focus away a bit from other players.

Tnuoc Alucard

🇨🇦🔑🧲✈️🎲🥅🎱🍟🥨🌗
Sep 23, 2015
I dont think Dzingel is a top 6 either. He's a 3rd line scoring LW IMO.

We really could use some better W's on both side. Guys like Smith and Dzingel are tweeners.

However, Boucher's approach is to role 3 scoring lines and hope the chemistry between the 3 makes up for it.

I just hope we dont trade for another guy like Burrows. He isnt the answer

So who would you play in place of Dzingle and Smith, in the top six?

albator71

Jan 12, 2010
CANADA
It's important to keep getting points while we have all of those injuries. We don't have a lot of ROWs and Boston is 6 points behind with 3 games in hand.
Boston has three tough games coming up LAK, CBJ and yes VGK

Boud

Dec 27, 2011
Boston has three tough games coming up LAK, CBJ and yes VGK

Any team can win against any team. That can't be overstated. Boston was right there with us last season, their roster didn't change much and same for us.

Boston just got Bergeron back and I think Backes is on his way back too. They have rookies playing well... If there's oe thing I've learned being a Sens fan it's that you can't take a team lightly.. A lot of teams took us lightly last year and still do even though we keep proving them wrong.

Reactions: Nac Mac Feegle

Tundraman

ModerationIsKey
Feb 13, 2010
North
Wasn't expecting a win or a point before the game let alone with a few minutes left and down 2 goals. Very happy to take the point especially with the win last night. Will stay completely away from the negative shoulda coulda and will sleep well tonight. Nice point steal!

LeProspector

AINEC
Feb 14, 2017
Mark Stone is quietly having an amazing start to the season for Ottawa. He's been a play driver and looks more confident with the puck. Has 7 goals and 12 points in 11 games now. Is tied for 8th in the league in points, and 4th in the league in goals.
He is also tied for 1st (alongside Brassard) in +\- with a +11.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad