GDT: Sens in Nashville, Tues. 8:00 pm, TSN5

Status
Not open for further replies.

Super Cake

Jun 24, 2013
If we are going to lose, might as well lose big just to show Murray that our defense sucks.

TheNewEra

Jul 10, 2013
Cameron: "everybody seems to be on 46 (Wiercioch). He's the whipping boy. But if you watch the games it's not just 46." #sens

... WAIT WHAT

Super Cake

Jun 24, 2013
It is true that it is not just Weircioch, but he still has been one of the worst defenseman for the Sens so far this season.

Larionov

Feb 9, 2005
Ottawa, ON
Shane Prince has zero goals and three assists in 11 games so far this year. He is not particularly big and physical, so if he's not generating some offence, he's not helping you. He simply has to find a way to put the puck in the net once in a while. Heck, even Lazar got a goal last night.

At some point, you go from prospect to suspect and someone else gets their chance. Prince may be rapidly approaching that time.

topshelf15

May 5, 2009
Shane Prince has zero goals and three assists in 11 games so far this year. He is not particularly big and physical, so if he's not generating some offence, he's not helping you. He simply has to find a way to put the puck in the net once in a while. Heck, even Lazar got a goal last night.

At some point, you go from prospect to suspect and someone else gets their chance. Prince may be rapidly approaching that time.
We are 5th in the east for goals for ,offense hasnt been an issue .How about we get rid of the pylon we have in weircoch and try something else:nod:

God Says No

Mar 16, 2012

Really? He's played a grand total of 14 NHL games and you think he's approaching suspect status? I think that's way too premature. If that was the case for most prospects then Hoffman, Lazar, Karlsson etc wouldn't be with the team right now.

topshelf15

May 5, 2009
Really? He's played a grand total of 14 NHL games and you think he's approaching suspect status? I think that's way too premature. If that was the case for most prospects then Hoffman, Lazar, Karlsson etc wouldn't be with the team right now.
How about we bench guys like Neil and Weircoch and be done with it :handclap:

DrEasy

Out rumptackling
Oct 3, 2010
Stützville
In any case, we have 3 defenders that only 1 of the 3 should be on the active roster at a time. The answer is easy, the solution is hard. We need a top 4 LD. If we get that, again easier said than done, we should look like this:

Methot - Karl
top4 LD - Ceci
Cowen - Wideman

extra: Wier, Boro

Wier and Boro can then go in if any of Cowen, Wideman or Ceci struggle.
I'd go further; we need two D:

Methot - Karlsson
top 4 LD - top 4 RD
Cowen - Ceci

I'm not sold on Wideman either, basically.

Sens of Anarchy

Jul 9, 2013
Boro karl
2nd pairing
Methot-wideman?

I like the concept of playing Methot with someone else to spread the little wealth at the position we have.

It could be Cowen , Karl
Methot Ceci
Boro, Wideman

We shuffle that around and 9/10 times we will conclude we need another D that can play.

I have liked Wideman... I think he should be drawing into the lineup. Not sure what DC and his boss are thinking about that.

topshelf15

May 5, 2009
I'd go further; we need two D:

Methot - Karlsson
top 4 LD - top 4 RD
Cowen - Ceci

I'm not sold on Wideman either, basically.
I can live with Ceci in the top 4 ,providing we get him a good veteran LHD to play with .It would make sheltering the 3rd pair much easier

Larionov

Feb 9, 2005
Ottawa, ON

Everyone has to bring something to the party, though. All of those guys you mentioned had something - skating, skills with the puck, high energy, etc. - that they could contribute before they started producing offensively. What does Prince bring? If he was getting the chances, as Hoffman was before he started scoring, I would say give him a chance, but his shots on goal aren't high either. Last night Prince had one shot on goal in a 7-5 pond hockey game. Honestly, I just don't see what all the fuss is about this guy. When I look at Prince I see a career AHLer.

topshelf15

May 5, 2009
Everyone has to bring something to the party, though. All of those guys you mentioned had something - skating, skills with the puck, high energy, etc. - that they could contribute before they started producing offensively. What does Prince bring? If he was getting the chances, as Hoffman was before he started scoring, I would say give him a chance, but his shots on goal aren't high either. Last night Prince had one shot on goal in a 7-5 pond hockey game. Honestly, I just don't see what all the fuss is about this guy. When I look at Prince I see a career AHLer.
The problem is that on this team, him sitting ranks pretty low .On the to do list.

Because when most look at Wiercoch whom has played far more than Prince has in a far greater role. most cant see an ECHL defender ,let alone a nhl defender :nod:

DrEasy

Out rumptackling
Oct 3, 2010
Stützville
He's certainly playing too shy and peripheral at the moment, but he's shown some great vision. At this point he needs people to create some space for him, which Neil did on the 4th line and Ziba should be doing for him on the 2nd line. Having him play with Turris and Stone was a mistake IMO.

It's always an unknown as to whether guys like him will eventually get to play with the confidence that solidifies them as top 6 players. I think it was the same issue with DaCosta too. In both cases I'd preach more patience. Give them some minutes with the same linemates and some opportunity for some chemistry. It doesn't always pay off, but it did for Hoffman.

Larionov

Feb 9, 2005
Ottawa, ON
Now that Chabot has been returned to junior, the rules state that he could only come here as an emergency call up, or when his junior season ends. Besides, let's not ruin the kid - he can't save our season on his own, and we would risk his development by throwing him into a bad situation.

bert

Nov 11, 2002
Visit site

Lazar On the PP......... Prince should have been on in the first place. He has created a **** ton more than Lazar who has been a line killer. Honestly your take makes me think you havent watched much or at all. Prince has been fantastic on the back check too.

BonkTastic

ಠ_ಠ
Nov 9, 2010
Parts Unknown
What do we lose in trying Chabot for 10 games?

Man, don't bring Chabot into this mess.

We don't want to shell-shock the kid. This defensive corps is liable to give him PTSD as an 18 year old. We want him to develop, not have to spend his Thursday afternoons with a councilor.

God Says No

Mar 16, 2012
Lazar On the PP......... Prince should have been on in the first place. He has created a **** ton more than Lazar who has been a line killer. Honestly your take makes me think you havent watched much or at all. Prince has been fantastic on the back check too.

That's my feeling as well. Although he hasn't scored any goals and only had a couple of assists, I think he's played very well. Both offensively and defensively.

Just have a look how many times he wins the puck. He's the exact forward that the Zib line needs. He's also had a number of great chances to score but the puck hasn't gone in. If he wasn't doing anything, as you seem to suggest, I'd have no issue in him sitting. But I'd argue that he's actually looked better than Puempel. The only Puempel has on him is that lone goal.

I'm starting to think it's your bias speaking here more than anything. This is eerily similar to conversations I had in the past 2 years about Hoffman with certain posters. (Before he started scoring last year) They were seeing what they wanted to see and ignoring the positive things he was doing on the ice.

Edit: BTW this is not directed at you Bert, but Hale the Villain.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad