GDT: Sens in Florida Tues. 7:30 pm on TSN (XMAS Edition)

PeterSidorkiewicz

HFWF Tourney Undisputed Champion
Apr 30, 2004
Lansing, MI
I think a healthy group and another good defender in the 2nd pairing would go a long way. Senators do a good job of drafting and finding & developing talent, but they are also a budget team unfortunately. I think one key addition plus a healthy team would mean a lot.

I definitely agree, we do have a lot of injuries. Still, even before the injuries we were being peppered with shots. And injuries can be a valid rationale for not doing as well, it also doesn't really matter because you still need to find ways to win.

Our D is kinda bad, so obviously we need a 1-3-1. :naughty:

HoweHullOrr

Oct 3, 2013
I definitely agree, we do have a lot of injuries. Still, even before the injuries we were being peppered with shots. And injuries can be a valid rationale for not doing as well, it also doesn't really matter because you still need to find ways to win.

Our D is kinda bad, so obviously we need a 1-3-1. :naughty:

I'd worry about the Ws more than the shots. Getting it done (Ws) is more important than how you get it done. High amount of shots against is in part due to the counter-attack style that they play. They have started to slip more so just recently as their injuries start to pile up.

Depth could be an issue which we seem to agree on. This is especially true along the blueline. They have a good top pairing plus Ceci. With Ceci out, their 2nd & 3rd pairings are not particularly strong.

Ryan started slowly but had rounded into top form and was playing really well. He's prolific in the shootouts too and many games are decided in the SO. Michalek is an underrated player now and helped balance the team with a good 3rd line.

Last edited:

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad