Pre-Game Talk: SENS in Detroit, Sat. 2:00 pm on HNIC

BondraTime

Nov 20, 2005
East Coast
Man, I don't know what Smith is going to bring to the table. He needs to get back to being a 3rd line pest. I'd rather he run around with energy instead of tossing muffins on net and mishandle pucks.

Don't skate with the puck.

Don't handle the puck.

Go back to the game that got you to the NHL. It actually helps the Sens.

Drive the net

Bring your lunch pail to the corners.

Get in front of the net.

Throw the body around.

Tundraman

ModerationIsKey
Feb 13, 2010
North
This was a lose and you win game.

With 4 games left running the string would give them 73 points. The worst/best they can finish now is 6th from the bottom and that's not likely with Detroit having a 6 point advantage. Even if they finish 6th and lose 3 positions in the lottery it's a guaranteed top 9 pick. They won't finish that high and we can hope for much better but now the ball is for sure in the Sens court as far as keeping the pick.

thinkwild

Veni Vidi Toga
Jul 29, 2003
Ottawa
Pretty uninspiring effort all around, doesn't set a good tone for going into the summer. Detroit gets a new arena and still troves of empty seats, i guess winning more than a new downtown arena the key. Wonder what build-thru-the-draft Ken Holland would do with Karlsson. Chlapik still not making me sit up and take notice yet

Burrowsaurus

Mar 20, 2013
Bobby Ryan makes 7.25 million a year. He has 4 years left. He had 25 points last year. He has 33 so far this year.

Let that sink in..
You have look only at his hottest streaks as a sens and compare that to other horrible contracts you can see he’s actually worth the money

Reactions: DrEasy

Burrowsaurus

Mar 20, 2013
Pretty uninspiring effort all around, doesn't set a good tone for going into the summer. Detroit gets a new arena and still troves of empty seats, i guess winning more than a new downtown arena the key. Wonder what build-thru-the-draft Ken Holland would do with Karlsson. Chlapik still not making me sit up and take notice yet
He’s playing with our teams worst forwards. I’m
Not even sure what management expects out of chlapik. Or what they want

Flamingo

Nov 13, 2008
Ottawa

Parking at the Little Caesars Arena costs $40. The price drops precipitously after you wander past the $35 private lot next door, and I think street parking is free, but the neighbourhood is pretty sketchy. That city block of Mike Illitch's investment is an oasis in a downtown slum.

slamigo

Skate or Die!
Dec 25, 2007
Ottawa
I have a feeling that Bobby Ryan will turn around his game soon. He’s had a tough couple of years with injuries, his mom passing, etc. Add to that becoming a first time parent and that is a lot for a person to deal with.
I dunno, I just feel like he’s talented enough to get back to 50 pts and being a good veteran presence in the playoffs. That’s my hope anyway. I think he can do it.

Langdon Alger

Apr 19, 2006
Yup I am. It’s the simplest story ever. Became a hockey fan and started watching hockey in 93, Sens were an expansion team and I thought it would be cool to be a fan of a team from their beginning , so a Sens fan was born.

Do you ever regret not cheering for the Wings instead?

Tnuoc Alucard

🇨🇦🔑🧲✈️🎲🥅🎱🍟🥨🌗
Sep 23, 2015
Whoa, just woke up, the first period put me to sleep .........

topshelf15

May 5, 2009
Its good we are losing,we need a high pick...But next season the laziness and sloppy play must end....We need a coach that can teach this team how to play hard every shift

Do Make Say Think

& Yet & Yet
Jun 26, 2007

I share your lack of enthusiasm in regards to Chlapik.

I don't see much upside to him.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad