GDT: SENS in California (San Jose), Sat. 10:00pm on SportsNet

Ouroboros

There is no armour against Fate
Feb 3, 2008
So Friedman just said Ottawa asked for Karlsson's 10 team no-trade list, just as an option and not necessarily that they intend to trade him.

giphy.gif

Burrowsaurus

Mar 20, 2013
I don't think you understand that it's not just the 5 points, it's much more.

The Senators are in a race, for the third spot in the Atlantic, and they have to pass four teams to get into third place, in the Atlantic........... the problem is that the other four teams are also in the race, and are not going to let up and allow the Senators to get past them, without a fight for the same spot.

Last season, on the 9th of December, Tampa bay was "only" 4 points behind Ottawa in the standing. Using your logic, with each team having played only 27 games in the season, with 55 games remaining, the Lightning should have been able to catch, pass and hold onto a playoff spot, in the Division ......... right?

Well guess what, Ottawa did not stand still, and neither did any of the other teams in the Division, and Tampa ended the season, still 4 points behind the Senators after the remaining (for both teams) 55 games were played.

You don't seem to understand that it is not as easy as it looks, to pass teams, get into a playoff spot, and hold onto to that playoff spot until the end of the season.

Ottawa finished the season with 98 points. To do the same this season, they would have to play at a 0.664 (P%) rate, for the remainder of the season, beginning tonight. So far this season, they've played at a .655 (P%) rate...... and I'm going to ask you what do you see, that makes you believe they can go from a .463 to a .664???

That's like going from the way they've played so far this season (0.463), to better than the Jets have played (.655 P%) so far this season... and maintain that for the rest of the season.
Meh. I don't see it this way that we need to certain winning percentage. Were 5 points back. Not far from being 3 points back. WHICH isn't much at this point. Other teams WILL lose. And some massive slide isn't required to lose 5 points.

Reactions: RedWhiteBrown

L'Aveuglette

つ ◕_◕ ༽つ
Jan 8, 2007
Montreal
This is likely a lot of conjecture and fake news bs... I'm not saying trading Karlsson absolutely could not happen...but I think they are trying to make something out of not very much... The Melnyk comments would really need some context as well.... Talking heads making something to talk about.... Still Karlsson should not have taken the bate in the first place.

They know their audience, and that audience loves to hear negative Sens news.

pepty

Let's win it all
Feb 22, 2005
Absolutely. They were waiting to pounce on this... With Kypreos involved in the spin ... its likely 99% BS

Friedman is just as bad as Kypreos when it comes to that.
Too bad now with the Outdoor Game, Alumni game etc.

These guys put a big target on Melnyks back.

Maybe Melnyk has gone back to some of his pre-operation ways and called someone up and mouthed off.

Sens of Anarchy

Jul 9, 2013
Bruins won... Habs lose.. Sens have to be looking at catching the Bruins... either that or asking all their players for their NTC list and looking forward to the draft and next year

pepty

Let's win it all
Feb 22, 2005
Iirc, there is some sort of set date every year where guys have to submit an updated list of 'no trade' teams. Perhaps that's all this is.

I bet that is what it is and those dunces on HNIC decided to make some hay with it. They did say everyone had to submit a list, not just Karlsson.

Sens of Anarchy

Jul 9, 2013
Friedman is just as bad as Kypreos when it comes to that.
Too bad now with the Outdoor Game, Alumni game etc.

These guys put a big target on Melnyks back.

Maybe Melnyk has gone back to some of his pre-operation ways and called someone up and mouthed off.
... Could have but its such a simple thing to get an out of context quote on as well... Hey mr. Melnyk what do you think of Karlsson not giving you a home town discount... Melnyk what the hell you asking me that for...
Melnyk was clearly upset, when asked....

Burrowsaurus

Mar 20, 2013
to be honest. I don't give two shits about karlsson or trading him. I had one favorite player. And that was Hossa. Once he got traded. Anyone can get traded for me. I just don't want it to be a crap trade for the team

Reactions: Cosmix

DrEasy

Out rumptackling
Oct 3, 2010
Stützville
to be honest. I don't give two ****s about karlsson or trading him. I had one favorite player. And that was Hossa. Once he got traded. Anyone can get traded for me. I just don't want it to be a crap trade for the team
For me something broke when Alfie left. In fact I feel that the whole org lost their mojo after that. so many of the controversial moves have happened since Alfie left. I was generally happy with our org before that.

Golden_Jet

Sep 21, 2005
to be honest. I don't give two ****s about karlsson or trading him. I had one favorite player. And that was Hossa. Once he got traded. Anyone can get traded for me. I just don't want it to be a crap trade for the team

Actually Karlsson became my favorite since Hossa.

Cloud

Feb 22, 2016
Yukon
So Friedman just said Ottawa asked for Karlsson's 10 team no-trade list, just as an option and not necessarily that they intend to trade him.

no this makes sense...i literally just got his signed jersey framed on my wall ( first one ever)...so ya, trading Karlsson was pretty much inevitable as is my usual luck...

Caeldan

Whippet Whisperer
Jun 21, 2008
Wow. That was one of the worst set of anthems I've heard in a long time

50 in 07

Feb 10, 2016
Lmao who even are these commentators

Pretty sure we got the 4th string pxp and color team lol

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad