GDT: SENS in Calgary, Friday night 9:00 pm on TSN

Hutz

Sep 7, 2007
Curtis Lazar has scored at nearly a 55 point pace in Calgary so far.

maclean

Jan 4, 2014
Wish we'd faced them before Jagr joined, though he's not fully up to speed yet. Also, Smith's been giving Calgary better goaltending than they've been used to in recent years and the team's looked decent. That said, we can take'em

Tuna99

Sep 26, 2009
Ottawas almost a better road team then home-ice team.

Condon needs this win, he needs to get his season off on the right foot after that contract.

Flamingo

Nov 13, 2008
Ottawa
Ottawa vs. Calgary. Atlantic vs. Pacific. Liberals vs. Wild Rose. The Prospect Pipeline was thrown into reverse, we shipped Lazar to Oil Country and shut down their Atlantic access! All signs point to win.

BonkTastic

ಠ_ಠ
Nov 9, 2010
Parts Unknown
I remember going to Calgary to visit family like... a decade ago at least. Maybe 12 years? I wanted to go out to dinner with my cousins, and didn't make reservations at this one really popular restaurant, on a Friday night. When we got there, they didn't have room for us, and asked why we didn't make reservations. Then, on my way out of the door, I further embarrassed myself by trying to push on a pull-only door, and then the whole night was made worse by the fact that it started raining and I didn't bring a coat or an umbrella with me.

All of these incidents were self-inflicted, but the grudge continues to this day.

For reasons of petty vengeance from one single fan, this clearly is the most important game of the season. We can't show that city any mercy.

maclean

Jan 4, 2014
Calgary was my team before the Senators were founded, but that was a long time ago, I have no conflicts over who I want to win this one :)

Engineer

Rustled your jimmies
Dec 23, 2013
I remember going to Calgary to visit family like... a decade ago at least. Maybe 12 years? I wanted to go out to dinner with my cousins, and didn't make reservations at this one really popular restaurant, on a Friday night. When we got there, they didn't have room for us, and asked why we didn't make reservations. Then, on my way out of the door, I further embarrassed myself by trying to push on a pull-only door, and then the whole night was made worse by the fact that it started raining and I didn't bring a coat or an umbrella with me.

All of these incidents were self-inflicted, but the grudge continues to this day.

For reasons of petty vengeance from one single fan, this clearly is the most important game of the season. We can't show that city any mercy.

But Stampede.

DJJones

Nov 18, 2014
Calgary
You mean his 4 points in 6 games?

I think his GP is the most telling stat.

Lazar's been great imo. Last year he got traded at the start of the big win streak so you don't want to mess with the mojo. Ended up replacing Stajan by the end of the playoffs. Two great showings so far this year. He's outplayed the 4th line and Ferland easily. Unfortunately he's a C/RW and there's a bit of a log jam at the moment. Ferland will get demoted to bottom 6 soon (I love Ferland but he's too inconsistent) and a spot will open up for Lazar.

Glen always over cooks lines but Gaudreau - Bennett - Lazar is going to be a thing within 15 games.

Tkachuk - Backlund - Frolik - All purpose
Gaudreau - Bennett - Lazar - Fast
Versteeg - Monahan - Jagr - Cycle
Ferland - Stajan - Brouwer - Energy/Grit

Get Jankowski in to replace Stajan and we'll be ready to go.

Reactions: jct45

BondraTime

Nov 20, 2005
East Coast
Will be a tough game. Calgary has a very impressive team from the crease out. Envious (outside of EK) of their D core.

Cosmix

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 24, 2011
Ottawa
Lazar's been great imo. Last year he got traded at the start of the big win streak so you don't want to mess with the mojo. Ended up replacing Stajan by the end of the playoffs. Two great showings so far this year. He's outplayed the 4th line and Ferland easily. Unfortunately he's a C/RW and there's a bit of a log jam at the moment. Ferland will get demoted to bottom 6 soon (I love Ferland but he's too inconsistent) and a spot will open up for Lazar.

Glen always over cooks lines but Gaudreau - Bennett - Lazar is going to be a thing within 15 games.

Tkachuk - Backlund - Frolik - All purpose
Gaudreau - Bennett - Lazar - Fast
Versteeg - Monahan - Jagr - Cycle
Ferland - Stajan - Brouwer - Energy/Grit

Get Jankowski in to replace Stajan and we'll be ready to go.

Glad to hear he is improving and made the NHL roster.

Agent Zub

Jan 2, 2015
Will be a tough game. Calgary has a very impressive team from the crease out. Envious (outside of EK) of their D core.

Yea, they can throw any of their d pairs out and be confident.

I mean their 3rd pair d is Stone, and an argument could be made that he would be our 2nd best d :o

If Mike Smith stays consistent, they could make the final 4.

CJvet

Jan 3, 2008
If the Stampede was awful you are doing it wrong.
Also I will be in the Dome with a few feloow Sens fans tonight. Disappointed Karlsson wont be in the lineup. Was really hoping to catch Jagr's debut and Karlsson's return.

Micklebot

Apr 27, 2010
So, on the off chance that Oduya is ready for the game tonight, who comes out?

Wideman had under 10 mins last game, maybe we give Chabot his spot for a game;

Lines at practice yesterday were like this:

Phaneuf-Boro
Claesson-Ceci
Chabot-Wideman

Do we just swap Wideman out for Oduya?

Sens of Anarchy

Jul 9, 2013
So, on the off chance that Oduya is ready for the game tonight, who comes out?

Wideman had under 10 mins last game, maybe we give Chabot his spot for a game;

Lines at practice yesterday were like this:

Phaneuf-Boro
Claesson-Ceci
Chabot-Wideman

Do we just swap Wideman out for Oduya?

Interesting. I wonder why they have "the Boro" on the puck retriever side that I've read so much about recently... I'd be surprised if it stayed like this , or they just swap in Oduya for Wideman

Reactions: MrCraigAnderson

Micklebot

Apr 27, 2010
Interesting. I wonder why they have "the Boro" on the puck retriever side that I've read so much about recently... I'd be surprised if it stayed like this , or they just swap in Oduya for Wideman

I pulled that from Leftwing lock, which doesn't do a good job of respecting sides when listing lines or pairings, so that part is potentially inaccurate. Edit; Having said that, the Boro recorded a career high 6 shots in Vancouver, perhaps they are looking to exploit his inner Karlsson....

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad