Pre-Game Talk: SENS in Buffalo (Snowstorm Edition), Tuesday night 7:00 pm on TSN

Korpse

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 5, 2010
Price was faking it big time

Oh I know, its not just that though. There was the incident with Quick earlier in the year where they pulled him but he said no and went right back in the net. Crosby last year as well when he was clearly dazed after hitting his head off the board when the NHL inexplicably came out and said they don't feel a player going into the board warrants it. There's others that I can't think of right now and probably some I've missed.

Reactions: Alex1234

Gil Gunderson

May 2, 2007
Ottawa, ON
I miss the days when Martin was the coach. He coached this team for 8 years. I can’t stand this revolving door of coaches. Hiring a different guy every couple of years is not a recipe for success.
We had our chance with Boudreau.

We were a team that couldn't hold a coach for more than two years and we picked a coach who literally couldn't sustain success for longer than a year.

L'Aveuglette

つ ◕_◕ ༽つ
Jan 8, 2007
Montreal
What he says to media isn't going to make anything on the ice better but it sure as hell can make it worse. He doesn't need to call out individuals to make things worse in the room. Believe it or not he is still trying to salvage the season. Maybe in the new year he changes his tune, but right now it's still too early.

Good coaches don't act like Boucher. When their team just isn't cutting it they will tell it like it is.

Boucher couldn't possibly make things worse than they are right now by admitting that whatever they are doing is not working. It would simply be stating the obvious. His "we almost had this one!" schtick isn't cutting it both with the media/fans, and the team itself, obviously.

Burrowsaurus

Mar 20, 2013
I miss John Holmes calling Maclean potato head and trashing him all the time.

I feel like this is pretty revisionist with Maclean, no? People for the most part hated his lineups and ice time distribution the year he got canned.
I have theories on that last season. Comin gfrom limited insider knowledge and what was said in the media.

Management got very controlling in who to play. The contracts at that time time were getting out of control. Maclean didn't have much room to operate. Not to mention first screw up and oh yeah your replacement is literally hoping you screw up

albator71

Jan 12, 2010
CANADA
My greatest fear right now is that we'll start playing the kids (Chabot, White, Harpur) in prominent roles and that will be just enough to get us to the 11th OA pick
Please dont say that!!!, that would the worse case scenario for us, can we at least tank the right way.

Burrowsaurus

Mar 20, 2013
That trio might actually look better than 3/4 of the ones we're currently icing. That's how bad things have gotten.
Playing greening and smith these guys were Murray guys. I think the GSN line was an ef you to management. Like they were doing. Nothing and he was stuck with golden boy Bobby Ryan and spezza hurt. Guys. Management was forcing him to play Jared cowen

God Says No

Mar 16, 2012
Shouldn't you be defending Boucher & his little marshmallows right now?

Nope. Not a big fan of Boucher. I wanted Boudreau. You can check my post history.

This losing streak has nothing to do with toughness. NOTHING. So not sure what your point is.

Reactions: bert

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad