GDT: Sens host Preds 7pm ET SN1: empty sausage edition

Sens of Anarchy

Jul 9, 2013
Who cares about the result? We dominated the shot count 41-25! Despite the fact that the PPs were 6-2 for Nashville...

Seriously, game ended in a shootout, i.e. pretty much tie game

Don't think the game was on TV yesterday so I couldn't record it and watch but I came here to say that. I was trying to say that just before the 1st game of the season, Hoffman with Turris and Stone makes it one of the best lines in hockey but it will make it harder for Ryan and Zibanejad to produce because Hoffman is a spark plug, and since Macarthur is not healthy, I don't see who else could help them be a better 2d line...

If Michalek, Ryan and Zibanejad can produce more by doing that change than only Hoffman, then do it!

Michalek-Turris-Stone
Hoffman-Zibanejad-Ryan
Prince-Pageau-Lazar
Chiasson-Smith-Neil

I hear what you are saying but.

I'm keeping HST together... These guys complement each other so well. Whole > than the sum of the parts. They think read and react quickly and in sync.

Play
Prince , Pageau, Ryan ... Let Prince play offense, Pageau's motor and smarts will help Ryan. Prince has speed and play making and needs a chance here.

Michalek, Zib, Lazar could be a really good line that complements each other as well. Fast, Hard nosed, work (Zib needs to be in shape); Lazar and MM can ride it until he is.

Chiasson, Smith, Neil 4th line

The Waffler

Registered Offender
Jul 10, 2009
Planet Earth
We indirectly pay him by buying tickets and merchandise, and a portion of that revenue going into his pockets. Fans have a right to be upset.

That can't be right...

edit: You might be right.

No but if you pay taxes and the city doesn't fix the potholes on the street, and the park is broken down, you have a right to voice your opinion.

You certainly do have the right to voice said opinion.

Last edited:

maclean

Jan 4, 2014
I feel like someone was ragging on the Kaptain for smiling too in a game where we were losing. I suppose those who criticise the smilers are really big on Bobby Ry because his lack of production is punctuated by swearing and scowls and frustration.

I honestly am loving Lazar and I can't really wrap my head around those criticising him just because he hasn't scored a million goals yet.

BigBush*

I feel like someone was ragging on the Kaptain for smiling too in a game where we were losing. I suppose those who criticise the smilers are really big on Bobby Ry because his lack of production is punctuated by swearing and scowls and frustration.

I honestly am loving Lazar and I can't really wrap my head around those criticising him just because he hasn't scored a million goals yet.
I really like Lazar as well. I haven't heard tons of criticism around him, more people questioning if sending to the AHL is better for his development, which is a fair thing to question

maclean

Jan 4, 2014
I can see questioning whether sending him to the AHL might have been better for his development, except of course it wasn't possible last year and really I feel that at this point the team needs his contribution. Which management evidently feel as well.

BigBush*

I can see questioning whether sending him to the AHL might have been better for his development, except of course it wasn't possible last year and really I feel that at this point the team needs his contribution. Which management evidently feel as well.

I feel this way as well. I also think he'll develop into a 20 goal 40 point winger with excellent two way play. It'll take him a few years but I don't see why he can't develop into that on the 3rd line with Pageau

Alex1234

Oct 14, 2014
I love Lazar
Really good speed and sharp on pk

But his handling of the puck is weak

Xspyrit

DJ Dorion
Jun 29, 2008
Montreal, Canada
I hear what you are saying but.

I'm keeping HST together... These guys complement each other so well. Whole > than the sum of the parts. They think read and react quickly and in sync.

Play
Prince , Pageau, Ryan ... Let Prince play offense, Pageau's motor and smarts will help Ryan. Prince has speed and play making and needs a chance here.

Michalek, Zib, Lazar could be a really good line that complements each other as well. Fast, Hard nosed, work (Zib needs to be in shape); Lazar and MM can ride it until he is.

Chiasson, Smith, Neil 4th line

Hmmm I actually like it. I could see Ryan succeeding in that role as he seems to be motivated to make young players become better players. It really comes down to this question?

Which winger(s) has the best chemistry with Zibanejad?

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad