Confirmed with Link: Sens Hire Le Chiffre aka Guy Boucher, brings the Crawdaddy with him

Status
Not open for further replies.

Knave

Mar 6, 2007
Ottawa
I think Wideman has secured his spot. I wonder who gets that last spot.

Judging from what I saw this past season - it should be Claesson IMO.

Nac Mac Feegle

wee & free
Jun 10, 2011
Damn....I really love the idea of Crawford working with the D. Finally, a real veteran coach working with our blueliners.

And hey....did anyone figure out where Boucher got that scar?

Pronto

Mar 24, 2015
Gatineau
Jan 19, 2006
Calgary
It would be interesting to see if our PP was better during the pizza line years or with the czechoslovak trio and Redden in the early 2000.

Hoffman can definitely one time a puck and I'm sure he's going to play the right side more often. But I agree with Zibby. If he could only learn to adjust his body position instead of waiting for the perfect pass. Alfie was very good at one timing any pass coming his way.

Our PP was #1 in the league for years when it was:

Hossa-Bonk-Havlat
Alfie-Redden

Yes, Heatley-Spezza-Alfie was the most dominant line in the league when they were together, but it's not a contest when you are talking about PP success.

Langdon Alger

Apr 19, 2006
Interesting article with Boucher yesterday on rds.ca... apologies if it was already reported elsewhere. Some of the highlights:

- Crawford will get the Ds: ''When you have guys like Karlsson and Phaneuf, they deserve experience and quality, it take someone solid to listen to what they have to say and keep up with them''.
-Looking for a goalie coach, they have tons of resumes to look at.
- He wants an assistant coach on the bench to take care of the forwards.
- He wants another assistant coach watching the game from the gallery for special missions like looking at other teams PP, advanced stats on certain players...
- Feels the Ds is a real top 4, mentioning Ceci's recent emergence.
- Leadership will be different with a full year of Phaneuf and MacArthur and states ''when a team collapses, don't look anywhere else but leadership...''

Crawford was a forward as a player. Is it common for former forwards to work with the defence and vice versa?

Micklebot

Apr 27, 2010
Our PP was #1 in the league for years when it was:

Hossa-Bonk-Havlat
Alfie-Redden

Yes, Heatley-Spezza-Alfie was the most dominant line in the league when they were together, but it's not a contest when you are talking about PP success.

Highest our PP got was 21.67% in 2003/04 when Spezza figured into the picture with just shy of 3 mins a game. The key though was likely the depth, moreso than just top unit dominance. Having the depth for Spezza on unit 2 will make any PP great.

Samsquanch

Raging Bull Squatch
Nov 28, 2008
Sudbury
Crawford was a forward as a player. Is it common for former forwards to work with the defence and vice versa?

I don't think it really matters tbh. When you've coached over 1000 games as a HC, I would imagine that you can teach both offense or defense to anyone willing to listen, regardless of what position you used to play.

Last edited:

Ice-Tray

Jan 31, 2006
Victoria
I love how we're all on board now.

Some were patient,
Some reactionary,
Some believe what PD has to say,
Some believe the process was shrouded in lies and deception,
Some admitted to being wrong,
Some exulted at being right,
Some will defend their position to the death,

But quietly all discussion has moved away from the process and to the future. We talk now about what we hope to see, and we all seem to be impressed, if not cautiously, to what the future holds. Conspiracy of lies or not, the new staff seems to be saying all the right things and more, seem to have the history to back what they say in terms of tactics and systems, and seem to be very well informed about the strengths and weaknesses of the team.

They seem to be behaving in a very calculated and professional manner, and each moves seems to be the 'bang on' on paper. The way Le# has gone about hiring and appointing staff (one so far) has looked fantastic, and his future positions and hire look to be planned and part of an overarching staffing strategy. MC's dual position of coaching d, while at the same time liaising with the BSens shows a very public and pronounced continuity being put in place top down in the organization.

All talk at this point, but it's hard to be dissatisfied when they're all saying the right things. This staff seems to have a professional and confident air about it that somehow feels different than year before, and it seems to have put us all at ease, at least for the moment.

If just for the summer, or perhaps until the draft splits us apart again, this board seems united again, if not unanimously hopeful going forward. :)

Blotto71

I was wrong...the worst is NOT behind us.
May 12, 2013
Over There
I feel that Phillips could be an assistant coach charged with reviewing video and pointing out issues. We all know he has mastered pointing after all.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad