GDT: Sens @ Habs Tues. Nov.3, 7:30 pm on TSN5 | MOD Warning Post 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

BigZKingK

Mar 4, 2012
Well the pageau line was the best yesterday and the first line played alot as usual

ReginKarlssonLehner

Let's Win It All
May 3, 2010
Dubai Marina
I'm starting to worry about Lazar's offensive potential. He needs to be sent to AHL and develop more of that game. He is playing like a worse Fisher with that straight line vision. Neil looked better on the top line and that's saying something. Lazar still can be good but needs a bit of development time, imo.

The defense needs more skill. Plainly simple.

Wier is brutal, honestly, i'm no longer worried about Wier costing the team as much as I am worried about Wier costing Ceci's future.

Bottom pairing needs more offense and that offense is Wideman. I have no idea why he is still not playing.

Nil. Zero. Nada.

I'm really not a fan of Ceci-Wiercioch pairing.

Not a fan of Wiercioch, period.

And it's weird how +\- is a bad stat IMO

I thought Karlsson had maybe 2 or 3 good games this year and is quietly 12 in 13 and a +6. I thought he was playing better when he was a -12 last year lol...

Not really, Karlsson was brutal last year far worse than this year. A bad team + atrocious partners made the +/- much worse last year though.

Garrioch was on at intermission yesterday and said that Ryan told Cameron he wanted to develop chemistry with Z-bad.

This could explain why they're still playing together. Obviously players were upset last year with all the line shuffling.

Not surprised. Ryan has showed his best NHL showing in the NHL with Zibanejad so he wants to rekindle it. A lot of it will have to do with a speedy skilled winger like Hoffman though.

More and more it seems as though Hoffman was carrying the line. But Zib and Ryan were gorgeous together from time to time last year.

Boud

Dec 27, 2011
Not surprised. Ryan has showed his best NHL showing in the NHL with Zibanejad so he wants to rekindle it. A lot of it will have to do with a speedy skilled winger like Hoffman though.

More and more it seems as though Hoffman was carrying the line. But Zib and Ryan were gorgeous together from time to time last year.

In Ottawa, maybe, even though an argument can definitely be made that he played better with Mac and Turris. In the NHL though? not even close to his time in Anaheim.

ReginKarlssonLehner

Let's Win It All
May 3, 2010
Dubai Marina
In Ottawa, maybe, even though an argument can definitely be made that he played better with Mac and Turris. In the NHL though? not even close to his time in Anaheim.

Ryan had 50 points in 60 games +13 while helping carrying his own line with a refined defensive game and physical element.

That's the best Ryan we've seen in the NHL. With Ana he was a streaky scorer playing with players better than him or someone like Selanne.

Answer

Dec 17, 2006
Edmonton
MacArthur back and healthy will really help the 2nd line going again. Ryan and MacArthur could really work well.

aragorn

Do The Right Thing
Aug 8, 2004
Next Year:

I would like to see a playmaker & sniper on every line & if possible at least one defensive forward. The top line below has all three of those things in Turris & Stone & Michalek has two of those things IMO. The second line has Ryan the scorer, Hoffman the playmaker & Zibanejad the defensive conscience of the line. The third line has Prince the playmaker, Lindberg the scorer & Paul the defensive player on the line. The fourth line could also be the 3rd line & has the same with Puempel the sniper, Robinson the defensive forward & Lazar will have to be the playmaker for this line. Should be able to roll four lines this way.

Michalek - Turris - Stone
Hoffman - Zibanejad - Ryan
Prince - Paul - Lindberg
Puempel - Lazar - Robinson

Methot - Karlsson
Chabot - Ceci
Cowen/Boroweicki - Wideman - Boro shares his roster spot with Cowen

Answer

Dec 17, 2006
Edmonton
I would like to see a playmaker & sniper on every line & if possible at least one defensive forward. The top line below has all three of those things in Turris & Stone & Michalek has two of those things IMO. The second line has Ryan the scorer, Hoffman the playmaker & Zibanejad the defensive conscience of the line. The third line has Prince the playmaker, Lindberg the scorer & Paul the defensive player on the line. The fourth line could also be the 3rd line & has the same with Puempel the sniper, Robinson the defensive forward & Lazar will have to be the playmaker for this line. Should be able to roll four lines this way.

Michalek - Turris - Stone
Hoffman - Zibanejad - Ryan
Prince - Paul - Lindberg
Puempel - Lazar - Robinson

Methot - Karlsson
Chabot - Ceci
Cowen/Boroweicki - Wideman - Boro shares his roster spot with Cowen

Lets worry about this year first, I mean it has just barely started

Why is Pageau waived?

chipsens

Post and in...
Jan 9, 2013
Well the pageau line was the best yesterday and the first line played alot as usual

Yes...and Pageau and Chiasson seem to have la bonne chemistrie. Chia seems to be gaining confidence and is working well along the boards! Ca marche bien

Alf Silfversson

Jun 8, 2011
Why is Pageau waived?

Because he's not this guy???

3807037268_0be79e67bf.jpg

L'Aveuglette

つ ◕_◕ ༽つ
Jan 8, 2007
Montreal
Lets worry about this year first, I mean it has just barely started

Why is Pageau waived?

Because Aragorn.

Guy has a serious passive-aggressive hate on for the guy, even though he's been consistently improving and has had a good season so far. It's getting old really.

Sens of Anarchy

Jul 9, 2013
Garrioch was on at intermission yesterday and said that Ryan told Cameron he wanted to develop chemistry with Z-bad.

This could explain why they're still playing together. Obviously players were upset last year with all the line shuffling.

Yah but did he mean on the ice?

Sens of Anarchy

Jul 9, 2013
Not sure ,but at the very least maybe sit Neil and slot Lazar in his place on the 4th line ,when stone comes back .

Something like this

hoff/tur/stone

prince/zibby/ryan

9mm/jgp/chia

puemps/smith/ lazar

Extra Neil

Not saying it would cure all of our problems but it would make rolling 4 lines a little easier

I know chiasson had a good game. Don't try to sell me more.
Lazar should not play behind Chiasson. If that is truly where he is at send him down.

Micklebot

Apr 27, 2010
I know chiasson had a good game. Don't try to sell me more.
Lazar should not play behind Chiasson. If that is truly where he is at send him down.

Chiasson has strung together a few good games. Lazar really hasn't impressed offensively, but is solid defensively.

Role wise, Lazer is and should be on the third line, no higher. Chiasson is starting to play like a middle six guy.

Sens of Anarchy

Jul 9, 2013
Chiasson has strung together a few good games. Lazar really hasn't impressed offensively, but is solid defensively.

Role wise, Lazer is and should be on the third line, no higher. Chiasson is starting to play like a middle six guy.

Well I had this really great reply... then the site went away,.. when I submitted.

So I will keep it shorter. Chiasson is no better than a 3rd liner. So I disagree if you think he's better than that.
Lazar should not play behind Chiasson and should be sent down if he is to be put on the 4th line.

aragorn

Do The Right Thing
Aug 8, 2004
Because Aragorn.

Guy has a serious passive-aggressive hate on for the guy, even though he's been consistently improving and has had a good season so far. It's getting old really.

Did they not just say during the intermission with Garrioch that they are expecting much more from Pageau & that he hasn't had that great a season so far? What exactly is your definition of a good season so far? I think this team needs much more scoring from their 3rd line & it's just not happening. There are 28 other teams that we need Pageau to score against too, we can't keep him because he scores against only one team. I don't hate any player but I have a different preference for what kind of a team I like which is different than yours I assume.

I think Lazar would be a different centre than Pageau, hopefully more of a playmaker & maybe he could find his scoring touch from centre. He isn't able to find it from the wing as of yet. I think Lazar has a better future with this team than Pageau & would like to see him tried at centre. I'm not a fan of Chiasson either but no one seems to say I have a think for 6'4" players. I wasn't a fan of Spezza & he was 6'3", I'm not a fan of Wiercioch & he is 6'5", it's getting old tabernacle.

Blarginator

Mar 24, 2010
Did they not just say during the intermission with Garrioch that they are expecting much more from Pageau & that he hasn't had that great a season so far? What exactly is your definition of a good season so far? I think this team needs much more scoring from their 3rd line & it's just not happening. There are 28 other teams that we need Pageau to score against too, we can't keep him because he scores against only one team. I don't hate any player but I have a different preference for what kind of a team I like which is different than yours I assume.

I think Lazar would be a different centre than Pageau, hopefully more of a playmaker & maybe he could find his scoring touch from centre. He isn't able to find it from the wing as of yet. I think Lazar has a better future with this team than Pageau & would like to see him tried at centre. I'm not a fan of Chiasson either but no one seems to say I have a think for 6'4" players. I wasn't a fan of Spezza & he was 6'3", I'm not a fan of Wiercioch & he is 6'5", it's getting old tabernacle.

No, Cameron said that he had one bad game against the wings on Saturday and he challenged him to be as good as he was on Friday and Pageau responded very well. Yes, we could use more offense from him but he's still our best option on the 3rd line and him and Chiasson look like they are clicking together so they'll get rewarded with goals soon if they keep up their play.

L'Aveuglette

つ ◕_◕ ༽つ
Jan 8, 2007
Montreal

Pageau has 4 goals, which is 2nd best on the team. The lack of assists perhaps stems from the lack of linemates that can finish, no? Not to mention the fact that he has more hits than every other forward, has better FO% than Zibanejad and Turris(has taken about as many FOs than Mika btw), and is a very reliable PKer, and I just don't see where you're coming from besides the size bias, whether you want to admit it or not. JGP is a very good 3rd line center.

Give him just one average finisher and he's set. Otherwise, there really isn't much to be negative about. As for whatever Garrioch said....well, we all know how much he knows about hockey.

atmx093

STUDzle
Jul 2, 2014
Gatineau
Pageau doesn't lack talent, he lacks adequate liners to work with him. I'd love to see him on a line with Michalek and Ryan, I think that would work wonders and we'd see him get a lot more assists while Ryan would rake in some more goals. Pageau is a good playmaker.

Micklebot

Apr 27, 2010
Some facts about Pageau:

- Lowest OZ starts on the team.
- The only center to see more icetime with Ceci, and/or Boro than with Karlsson, ie only center to not have Karlsson as their most common dman
- Only Stone has fewer shot attempts per 60 against than Pageau when on the ice.

He's playing quite well. Would we like more pucks to go in for his line? Absolutely. Do I care so long as he keeps doing what he's doing? nope.

GWNR

Dec 10, 2013
Ottawa, Ontario
Some facts about Pageau:

- Lowest OZ starts on the team.
- The only center to see more icetime with Ceci, and/or Boro than with Karlsson, ie only center to not have Karlsson as their most common dman
- Only Stone has fewer shot attempts per 60 against than Pageau when on the ice.

He's playing quite well. Would we like more pucks to go in for his line? Absolutely. Do I care so long as he keeps doing what he's doing? nope.

I think putting Prince or Puemps with Pageau and Lazar to play the Condra role would be great for all 3 of them. I'd personally pick Prince for the speed.

Hoffman-Turris-Stone
Prince-Zib-Ryan
Puemps-Pageau-Lazar
Milo-Smith-Chiasson
Neil

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad