GDT: Sens @ Habs Tues. Nov.3, 7:30 pm on TSN5 | MOD Warning Post 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

Proust*

Dec 8, 2010
Karlsson looks likes crap. He is doing that whole break-out-pass-while-standing-still thing and not driving the paly. Defensively, he is getting caught flat-footed wayyyy too often. It's always easy to forget that he has always been a below average back-wards skater.

That said, Subban looked even worse.

topshelf15

May 5, 2009
Can Peumpel play on the right side?
Not sure ,but at the very least maybe sit Neil and slot Lazar in his place on the 4th line ,when stone comes back .

Something like this

hoff/tur/stone

prince/zibby/ryan

9mm/jgp/chia

puemps/smith/ lazar

Extra Neil

Not saying it would cure all of our problems but it would make rolling 4 lines a little easier

Boud

Dec 27, 2011
Also Garrioch was mentioning that the coaching staff wasn't completely happy with JGP. While Pierre was on TSN1200 this morning singing his praises. Not sure who to believe...

Well, the coaching staff and management isn't the same thing. I was listening to the game on RDS and they said that Cameron challenged Pageau before the game after the poor performance he and his line had against the Wings and even then that doesn't mean they don't think he's a great player, he just had a bad game and we need him to play right now since the 2nd line is complete trash so I can see why Cameron wants him to be on top of his game.

Dorion looks at the big picture and Pageau has been really good so far, while Cameron looks at last game and saw Pageau struggle so likely just wanted him to be focused.

topshelf15

May 5, 2009
Karlsson looks likes crap. He is doing that whole break-out-pass-while-standing-still thing and not driving the paly. Defensively, he is getting caught flat-footed wayyyy too often. It's always easy to forget that he has always been a below average back-wards skater.

He is far too predictable ,on rushes.And worse on the PP ,JGP just eats him up everytime :nod:

Pronto

Mar 24, 2015
Gatineau
I think our PP has improved over last year in the sense that at least they can set it up and have good control in the O zone which is a major improvment from last year IMHO. Now they need to mix it up a beat and avoid being so predictable.

topshelf15

May 5, 2009
I think our PP has improved over last year in the sense that at least they can set it up and have good control in the O zone which is a major improvment from last year IMHO. Now they need to mix it up a beat and avoid being so predictable.
I find we just dont have the movement and passing down pat to make it less unpredictable .I think we must be one of the worse passing teams in the nhl :laugh:

Bileur

Jun 15, 2004
Ottawa

I love reading the "Subban is more reliable defensively AINEC" "if Subban took as many chances as Karlsson offensively..." "Karlsson gives the puck away too much while Subban is safe" etc. posts. Habs fans see what they want to see with Subban.

When I watch him he looks as risky as Karlsson.

Upgrayedd

Earn'em and Burn'em
Oct 14, 2010
Ottawa
Huh? Unless I'm misunderstanding what you're saying, we had a quick whistle when Chiasson's goal was waived off.

Meant i forgot to predict it as recent history tells us we tend to get some extremely quick whistling around the opposing keeper

topshelf15

May 5, 2009
I love reading the "Subban is more reliable defensively AINEC" "if Subban took as many chances as Karlsson offensively..." "Karlsson gives the puck away too much while Subban is safe" etc. posts. Habs fans see what they want to see with Subban.

When I watch him he looks as risky as Karlsson.
Ill say it again, it,s Markov that makes the offense click ,on that pairing .Laser like passing ability ,with an eagle,s eye for vision :nod:

Last edited:

Bileur

Jun 15, 2004
Ottawa
Ill say it again it,s Markov that make the offense click ,on that pairing .Lazar like passing ability ,with an eagle,s eye for vision :nod:

Lol. I assume you meant Laser. Lazar like passing ability would make a terrible QB.

I agree with you.

GWNR

Dec 10, 2013
Ottawa, Ontario
Rolling 4 moving forward:

Hoffman - Turris - Stone --> #1 C, Solid two way player with great IQ, Sniper
Lazar - Zibby - Ryan --> Prince does the dirty work and increases the lines speed, Zibby 2 way guy who can score, Ryan need to get the sniper going.
Puempel - Pageau - Lazar --> Puempel replaces Condra, 2 way line who can do it all, Puemps adds a scoring element and could kickstart Lazar
Michaelk - Smith - Chiasson --> I wish we could replace Smith with someone, but yeah kinda crappy 4th line. A solid 2 way guy to replace Smith would make this line have a lot of potential

topshelf15

May 5, 2009

Lazar - Zibby - Ryan --> Prince does the dirty work and increases the lines speed, Zibby 2 way guy who can score, Ryan need to get the sniper going.
Puempel - Pageau - Lazar --> Puempel replaces Condra, 2 way line who can do it all, Puemps adds a scoring element and could kickstart Lazar
Michaelk - Smith - Chiasson --> I wish we could replace Smith with someone, but yeah kinda crappy 4th line. A solid 2 way guy to replace Smith would make this line have a lot of potential
Why would you use our limited cloning option, on Lazar and not Methot?? :cry:Agree with the line combo,s but i think Chia is better with JGP than Lazar ,maybe call up a Rw and move him in for a Zsmith at center:naughty:

Say something like Puemp/Lazar/Robinson:handclap:

BigZKingK

Mar 4, 2012

I would put Lazar on the 4th and MM back on the 3rd but yeah pretty much this... Btw you forgot to switch Prince for Lazar on the 2nd line

Indrew

Feb 6, 2007
Let's complain about our Norris-calibre defenseman that drives possession and gives us a chance to win every game instead of our bottom pairing defenseman that takes our own forwards (and himself) out of the play and is consistently out of position and pinned into his own zone.

PS, if you wanted the Sens to start Hammond last night, oops you were wrong again.

starling

Nov 7, 2010
Ottawa
The 1 PP I saw had Karlsson putting passes into peoples feet, stationary guys (as usual), 0 good shots, and a buncha nonsense in our end....
That was our only PP and sens dominated it with some good passing, 5 shots on goal, disallowed goal and just one botched entry. Not sure what you've seen.

starling

Nov 7, 2010
Ottawa
Cool graphics. Didn't realize Michalek led the forwards in TOI and Pageau line played the most.

CS_DY7YWEAAaA5G.png:large

Boud

Dec 27, 2011
Ryan has played 13 minutes last night (and we're missing Stone), Zibanejad 15. That's pretty telling of what Cameron thinks of them right now.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad