Proposal: Nash NJ offseason

dgibb10

Feb 29, 2024
NJD (or at least from my perspective) would prefer to give up our 2025 1st+2nd+2nd instead of Holtz+2nd, but this works for me.

Xirik

Sep 24, 2014
Alberta
I don't want to give up Mercer and I doubt Nashville is putting the usual value on picks right now since they are kind of overflowing with them?

Holtz+Bahl+Foote?

Holtz + 2025 1st?

Juxtaposer

Outro: Divina Comedia
Dec 21, 2009
Bay Area
How so? Not being cantankerous, just want to know why? Goalie valuations are tough, and Saros only has a year left on his contract. From the rumors coming from Fitzgeralds camp at the deadline, Mercer is a no deal. I don’t think Devils would give Their 1st this year and Holtz right?
Holtz just isn’t that valuable and if the Devils get Saros then expect their 2nd next year to be in the 50’s at the earliest. It’s just not much value coming to Nashville.

dgibb10

Feb 29, 2024
Why is nashville going after another winger when all our prospects are wingers?
Because Andrew Brunette is a massive Alex Holtz fan.

Was his biggest supporter in NJD. They worked 1 on 1 together very consistently all year (it's part of the reason Holtz was kept in the NHL even if he wasn't playing)

Reactions: QuizGuy66

herzausstein

Aug 31, 2014
West Virginia
Because Andrew Brunette is a massive Alex Holtz fan.

Was his biggest supporter in NJD. They worked 1 on 1 together very consistently all year (it's part of the reason Holtz was kept in the NHL even if he wasn't playing)
So we waste nashvilles best trade chip to get another wing prospect when thats pretty much the only kind of prospect we have?

Reactions: Soundgarden

dgibb10

Feb 29, 2024
So we waste nashvilles best trade chip to get another wing prospect when thats pretty much the only kind of prospect we have?
I was simply informing you as to why Alex Holtz would be desirable to nashville.

Your excellent head coach is a big supporter of Holtz.

And so he may want to bring Holtz in if possible

herzausstein

Aug 31, 2014
West Virginia
I was simply informing you as to why Alex Holtz would be desirable to nashville.

Your excellent head coach is a big supporter of Holtz.

And so he may want to bring Holtz in if possible
Maybe in a prospect for prospect swap like tomasino and holtz or holtz, casey, daws for saros but not where holtz is the main attraction for saros.

CanadienShark

Dec 18, 2012
How so? Not being cantankerous, just want to know why? Goalie valuations are tough, and Saros only has a year left on his contract. From the rumors coming from Fitzgeralds camp at the deadline, Mercer is a no deal. I don’t think Devils would give Their 1st this year and Holtz right?
I feel like Holtz is just a throw in at this point, rather than an asset with value. Maybe he lives up to his draft potential in Nashville, but it's looking more like a longshot now.

Xirik

Sep 24, 2014
Alberta
I feel like Holtz is just a throw in at this point, rather than an asset with value. Maybe he lives up to his draft potential in Nashville, but it's looking more like a longshot now.
He's just a bad pick for the style of hockey the Devils play and doesn't fit the mould that the GM wishes he was.

I guarantee that any team he goes to he instantly plays better then when he was in NJ.

CanadienShark

Dec 18, 2012
He's just a bad pick for the style of hockey the Devils play and doesn't fit the mould that the GM wishes he was.

I guarantee that any team he goes to he instantly plays better then when he was in NJ.
Don't get me wrong, I'd give him a chance in SJ kind of like Zadina, but I wouldn't pay a premium to do so. I'm just not sure he'd hold much value in a trade now.

dgibb10

Feb 29, 2024
Don't get me wrong, I'd give him a chance in SJ kind of like Zadina, but I wouldn't pay a premium to do so. I'm just not sure he'd hold much value in a trade now.
Good thing many GMs disagree.

Including Mike Grier, who wanted Holtz as the centerpiece in a Meier trade and Craig Conroy who wanted Holtz as the centerpiece of a markstrom trade.

CanadienShark

Dec 18, 2012
Good thing many GMs disagree.

Including Mike Grier, who wanted Holtz as the centerpiece in a Meier trade and Craig Conroy who wanted Holtz as the centerpiece of a markstrom trade.
A lot changes in a year. Every year that passes, Holtz's value continues to drop.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad