GDT: Sens & Habs Take it Outside | 7PM EST on CBC

OldCraig71

Feb 2, 2009
No one cares
Well your current coach is not playing him at C either, so he's an idiot too? I just think neither Galchenyuk nor Drouin is a C.

Well actually, our current coach said in the preseason that he saw Galchenyuk at center but our idiot gm came out several days later and said that it would not happen. I think that CJ's hands are tied.

L'Aveuglette

つ ◕_◕ ༽つ
Jan 8, 2007
Montreal
Well actually, our current coach said in the preseason that he saw Galchenyuk at center but our idiot gm came out several days later and said that it would not happen. I think that CJ's hands are tied.

No way Julien is being told who to play by Bergevin. No way.

God Says No

Mar 16, 2012

I highly doubt Bergevin (or any other GM for that matter) has that much influence over coaching decisions. I think it's just the usual MTL excuse-appalooza. You are running out of people to blame on. The team is no good, and you don't have a C. It's been like that for a good number of years, but Price has been masking your faults.

Karl Prime

Feb 13, 2017
They'll need more than a 10 to 15 "great run" of games, they'll need to win a minimum of 30 games, lose no more than 15 games in regulation, and about a half of dozen loser points, to get to 95 points.

I said "to get back in it" not "to put them in a playoff position." Obviously it would be a hard task but if it were to happen it starts now.

Last edited:

OldCraig71

Feb 2, 2009
No one cares
I highly doubt Bergevin (or any other GM for that matter) has that much influence over coaching decisions. I think it's just the usual MTL excuse-appalooza. You are running out of people to blame on. The team is no good, and you don't have a C. It's been like that for a good number of years, but Price has been masking your faults.

You might have a point there but there is someone in charge that always makes good and bad decisions that can alter the direction of a franchise, it wouldn't be the first time that a GM or owner for that matter meddled in a teams decisions, am I right? Cheers.

God Says No

Mar 16, 2012
You might have a point there but there is someone in charge that always makes good and bad decisions that can alter the direction of a franchise, it wouldn't be the first time that a GM or owner for that matter meddled in a teams decisions, am I right? Cheers.

Yip, but I've never heard of a GM or owner deciding where players play. Who to play, or who to trade, yes. But where they play in game? Nope.

Anyways, the Habs suck. Which warms my heart immensely.

Back to this game. I thought the team played great. Can't even think of one player who was bad out there.

Reactions: branch and NyQuil

L'Aveuglette

つ ◕_◕ ༽つ
Jan 8, 2007
Montreal
Yip, but I've never heard of a GM or owner deciding where players play. Who to play, or who to trade, yes. But where they play in game? Nope.

Back to this game. I thought the team played great. Can't even think of one player who was bad out there.

You can tell we were good by how quiet this thread is compared to the Melnyk ones. :D

Reactions: God Says No

Nac Mac Feegle

wee & free
Jun 10, 2011
They'll need more than a 10 to 15 "great run" of games, they'll need to win a minimum of 30 games, lose no more than 15 games in regulation, and about a half of dozen loser points, to get to 95 points.

Playoffs are still a longshot....but there's still hope. The team is playing a lot better the last two games, and the guys look happier. It may not be enough to save the season, but it means a lot to see the team perking up a bit.

OldCraig71

Feb 2, 2009
No one cares

Well, I don't think that either of our franchises are contending so it's kind of a glass house scenario for both of us. You guys showed up tonight and deserved the win, cheers.

Reactions: Cosmix

God Says No

Mar 16, 2012
Well, I don't think that either of our franchises are contending so it's kind of a glass house scenario for both of us. You guys showed up tonight and deserved the win, cheers.

We're not contending this year, but I like our chances better this year and next. You guys have basically nothing coming up in terms of prospects, or pieces you can use to help you improve. The only thing you can bank on is another Radulov like signing. Where you get some amazing player for nothing.

GuyBoucherEvilGenius

Nov 23, 2017
These last two games have definitely been positive signs. Got the lead and maintained it in both games and were able to play our style of game clogging up the neutral zone and shutting down the opponent.

That pick pocket goal by Bobby Ryan was a thing of beauty.

Hopefully we can get on a run here and make a push for the 3rd spot in the divisuon. Not ready to write the season off yet. I want playoff hockey!

Micklebot

Apr 27, 2010

If we win the 2 games against Boston in reg to finish the month, things get tight in an awful hurry;

Bos 32 gp, 35 pts (89 pts pace)
Ott 33 gp, 33 pts (82 pts pace)
Mtl 33 gp, 32 pts (79 pts pace
Det 32 gp, 31 pts (79 pts pacce)

There is the potential of a sub 90 pts team make the 3rd divisional spot this year, so the 96 pts pace baseline may be a touch pre-mature.

Interdivisional games will decide who makes the playoffs, not who's currently on pace for the highest finish. If we win the season series against Boston 3-0-1, that's a 5 pt swing between the two teams putting us 1 pt ahead with Boston holding a game in hand.

The target isn't 96 pts, it's Boston.

Tundraman

ModerationIsKey
Feb 13, 2010
North
I haven't seen the Sens play so hard all around the opposition net in a long time. They looked really good when they played a 2 man fore check with the 3rd man close to the play. They pressured their D a lot more until they were defending in the 3rd and at times didn't even go deep but just waited for the puck carrier just inside their blue line. That's how Ryan pulled a Stoner, stripped the puck and got the late key insurance goal.

I was surprised that Chabot had so little time. I didn't see the distribution over the game but wonder if his time was reduced as the game wore on because they had the lead and Boucher still doesn't trust him or if it's only because EK65's toi was so high. Chabot is so fluid with the puck and made some beauty recoveries and exits. That kid has talent.

Karlsson looked like his old self because it seems from the iso shots of him that he treated this game like a "no pressure" big fan love fest and didn't want to miss a second of it. It had a positive effect on the whole team.

Good "must" win. Glad to see them finally play as a team. I'm still "long shot" hopeful at them making the playoffs but not looking through rose coloured glasses.

Reactions: thinkwild

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad