Post-Game Talk: Sens fall down, Jets win 4-3

Status
Not open for further replies.

GNP

Here Comes the Jets -look out hockey world !!!
Oct 11, 2016
Winnipeg
I'm guessing the injury is a separated shoulder for Scheifele. Definitely looked like it on the video at least.
Looked to me like a separated shoulder, or maybe a broken collar bone - who knows ? but he tried to shake it off and stay out there, but the pain came on strong, and his arm just slumped, so he knew there was something wrong. Maybe also could be just a spained shoulder, if there is such a thing. Hopefully it's not serious, as we need his scoring in the lineup.

Reactions: hn777

Weezeric

Jan 27, 2015
Good game.

Liked the motion on the PP without Mark and Blake. Nik moves a lot which draws attention and opens up.space for our other players to exploit. Perfetti is the same way, looking forward to having both those guys on the pp together next year.

Too bad about Mark who looked to be starting to have fun and play well again. Him and Fly are good together.

Ehelers was absolutely flying out there, hes on fire right now.

Nice to see both Dubois and Conner find the score sheet with a couple of points.

Morrissey was great again, give him the C already.

Samberg bringing it on the back end he's an excellent player. Not much offense but who cares when you are able to defens and move the puck like he can. A meaner and bigger DeMelo imo.

I like Appeltons game, good bottom 6 player that we need more of that.
What do you like about it? He’s scoring at an 8 point pace with a 40 cf% and a 41xG% over his ten games….

SensibleGuy

Nov 26, 2011
Apparently the team got yelled at after the first period and that got them motivated. The quote from Stastny - "we've needed that for a while so it was good to have."

haha...I can imagine it. "ENOUGH IS ENOUGH! It's time for this crap to end! We've got nothing left to fight for...nothing to gain! In fact, it's probably better if we lose at this point! So get out there, put on your big boy skates and lets win this game!!!"

Jetfaninflorida

Southernmost Jet Fan
Dec 13, 2013
Florida
A win is a win. I only got to see about the last 8 mins of the game where it was pretty much a shooting gallery on Helle. From the commentary I saw, it sounds like the Jets played a solid ~30 minutes somewhere in the middle of the game. That's Jets hockey! Go Jets Go.

JetsFan815

Jan 16, 2012
Lol ... it looks like Ottawa is playing defence for the Jets,

View attachment 529537

How does this keep happening?

kkvr8wl.png

pwqrjDN.png

p9aAHd0.png

How are the opposing players get so wide open in front of the Jets net? There were a bunch of other events like there but where Ottawa didn't end up scoring.

rkp

Mar 31, 2011
if retribution is expected after every hit, the nhl turn into a no hit league very quickly!!

Reactions: macmaroon

Jets 31

This Dude loves the Jets and GIF's
Sponsor
Mar 3, 2015
Winnipeg
Apparently the team got yelled at after the first period and that got them motivated. The quote from Stastny - "we've needed that for a while so it was good to have."

haha...I can imagine it. "ENOUGH IS ENOUGH! It's time for this crap to end! We've got nothing left to fight for...nothing to gain! In fact, it's probably better if we lose at this point! So get out there, put on your big boy skates and lets win this game!!!"
I'm worried the only reason that happened was because Wheeler wasn't there, now i can yell and get mad because Wheeler isn't here.

Reactions: Ggg99

surixon

Jul 12, 2003
Winnipeg

kkvr8wl.png

pwqrjDN.png

p9aAHd0.png

How are the opposing players get so wide open in front of the Jets net? There were a bunch of other events like there but where Ottawa didn't end up scoring.

Our defensive scheme is a giant mess. On the first goal neither Dubois or Conner really knew who they were supposed to take so they got caught between the switch. Dubois went to the point and and Conner was slow picking the slot guy.

The PP goal is just par for the course where it seems the strategy is to be infront of the opposition players to block and knock down pucks. If the puck gets down low behind them then it's an easy centering feed to the lone guys infront.

surixon

Jul 12, 2003
Winnipeg
There is always a visible change in the team when 55/26 are not playing. Beginning of the year and then last night.

Take from it what you will.

Yup, team seems more dialed in when they are out, but pretty small sample size.

I think if Mark keeps playing as he has the past few then I think he can fit in. Blake I think has just aged out and really should be moved out and the C given to someone else.

Jetfaninflorida

Southernmost Jet Fan
Dec 13, 2013
Florida
Just saw the Stastny post game interview. Sounds like Lowry chewed the team a new one during the first intermission. The second period Jets were far better by all accounts.

This team desperately needs a head coach who will hold the team and most importantly individual players accountable for poor effort / play. Reward hard work, consequences for lazy.

Heldig

Apr 12, 2002
BC

kkvr8wl.png

pwqrjDN.png

p9aAHd0.png

:eek::banghead::baghead:

Terrible coaching
Terrible system
Low IQ players
Players unwilling to work hard on the D side of the puck

WolfHouse

Oct 4, 2020
There is always a visible change in the team when 55/26 are not playing. Beginning of the year and then last night.

Take from it what you will.
Wheeler and Scheif still play Maurice's system - Lowry's team did look different without them, maybe he was just over-ruled

Reactions: rkp

Big Carl

Nov 24, 2021

kkvr8wl.png

pwqrjDN.png

p9aAHd0.png

I was noticing this a couple years back. With the lose of Buff we don't have someone, as my dad put it, "to swat the flys away from our net and goalie." Other teams know that they face no pressure close to our net and are using that to score on us.

Al Camino

Jul 18, 2018
What do you like about it? He’s scoring at an 8 point pace with a 40 cf% and a 41xG% over his ten games….
All while getting 15+ minutes a night. He also had a career year against competition in a pretty awful division. Maybe when evaluating your roster against the 2020-21 Canadian division might not have been the best idea (Pionk, Stanley also come to mind). Honestly until the Jets realize Lowry and that line are a 4th line on a contender we'll be have the same problems next year.

Just one look at the WCF roster and the ages of the players on it makes one realize a) how far the Jets are from that and b) how many years of wasted primes because ownership values loyalty above results.

Al Camino

Jul 18, 2018
I doubt very much that these two are playing any system other than their own - which is likely a big part of why Maurice bailed.
I've always thought that after seen Beadreau turn things around in Vancouver Chevy or Chipman was basically like you can quit and we give you a nice send off and press conference or we fire you.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad