Confirmed with Link: Sens Chief Amateur Scout Bob Lowes joins Las Vegas

starling

Nov 7, 2010
Ottawa
To me it's a good sign. Shows how well our scouts and other personnel are regarded around the league. We are on good track.

BondraTime

Nov 20, 2005
East Coast
Oh no? Okay. Please prove me wrong then. Explain yourself and elaborate with specific facts & information to prove me wrong.

Why don't you explain how it's barebones?

Last I checked we still have Mann in the QMJHL, Fargher out west, Burda in Europe, Don Boyd in the OHL (former Asst GM and director of amateur scouting), Ruutuu in Europe, Lee as our Asst. GM, Murray in the OHL and QMJHL, and a bevy of other talented amateur scouts.

Micklebot

Apr 27, 2010
Oh no? Okay. Please prove me wrong then. Explain yourself and elaborate with specific facts & information to prove me wrong.

You made the initial claim consultation,laid (seriously wtf autocomplete), I would suggest the onus is on you to back it up when challenged, not the other way around.

Besides, he'll likely be replaced, so your fear that a small staff get smaller is probably unfounded. We do lose valuable experience though.

Last edited:

tony d

New poll series coming from me on June 3
Jun 23, 2007
Behind A Tree
Best wishes to him going forward. He got us Mark Stone, that shows how good he was to the team.

DrunkUncleDenis

Condra Fan
Mar 27, 2012

You made the initial consultation,laid, I would suggest the onus is on you to back it up when challenged, not the other way around.

Agreed Mick.

Chelfan obviously isn't actually sure of his statement and doesn't want to put in the time or effort to research the claim.

Busted. Funny stuff :laugh:

NyQuil

Big F$&*in Q
Jan 5, 2005
Ottawa, ON
I'm not really getting the outrage.

People change organizations to move up in a hierarchy.

It happens all the time.

Not sure why money is a factor here.

HousePerseus

Oct 7, 2011
ottawa
To me this will affect the sens most in the expansion draft. Although he is a junior scout im sure he still has had his ear to the ground around the org and knows the team well and who they should take, and why certain players were exposed.

BondraTime

Nov 20, 2005
East Coast
To me this will affect the sens most in the expansion draft. Although he is a junior scout im sure he still has had his ear to the ground around the org and knows the team well and who they should take, and why certain players were exposed.

That would fall under Jim Clark's role I would believe.

ChelFan31

Mar 22, 2016
Why don't you explain how it's barebones?

Last I checked we still have Mann in the QMJHL, Fargher out west, Burda in Europe, Don Boyd in the OHL (former Asst GM and director of amateur scouting), Ruutuu in Europe, Lee as our Asst. GM, Murray in the OHL and QMJHL, and a bevy of other talented amateur scouts.

Eugene Melnyk on TSN 1200 the Drive with Ian and Simmer on April 28, 2016: “ The financials are important because they fund the team. But the team is more than just player salaries. You got executives, trainers and coaches, and GM’s and scouting staffs, think about what we could do with extra money. I would spend it on scouting: professional and amateur, junior, your drafts are important long term and you have to get people in there. Look compare our hockey department compared to others, you know we really do it on shoe string and because we have to. “

Straight from the owner, there you have it. I would like to here jasons' counterpoint claim now to hear his point of view in how he thinks they're not bare bones.

ChelFan31

Mar 22, 2016
You made the initial claim consultation,laid (seriously wtf autocomplete), I would suggest the onus is on you to back it up when challenged, not the other way around.

Besides, he'll likely be replaced, so your fear that a small staff get smaller is probably unfounded. We do lose valuable experience though.

What you just said is logical and sensible. Your overlooking/ omitting the recent history with the team in replacing and replenish their positions: Dorion got promoted from Assistant GM to GM: yet the position is still left vacant and abandoned.

OmniSens

@OmniSenators
Sep 22, 2008
Ottawa
The city of Las Vegas alone is more appealing than anything we can offer. Team will be competitive and be able to spend to the cap right away.

Ad

Upcoming events

• Finland vs Norway
    Finland vs Norway
    Wagers: 2
    Staked: $2,300.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Slovakia vs USA
    Slovakia vs USA
    Wagers: 4
    Staked: $685.00