Pre-Game Talk: Sens @ Canes, 7/11 - 7PM

Status
Not open for further replies.

Super Cake

Jun 24, 2013
Why is Hammond starting?

Anderson has been great the last two games. He should get the start.

God Says No

Mar 16, 2012
Yeah, I don't mind Hammond starting. Andy has seen a lot of shots this past week.

The Waffler

Registered Offender
Jul 10, 2009
Planet Earth
I haven't checked my facts (I never do) but isn't Anderson traditionally bad against the Canes? For some reason I get that feeling.

ReginKarlssonLehner

Let's Win It All
May 3, 2010
Dubai Marina
I love those lines. Zib and Ryan going and Hoffman will only make that line much more lethal.

Turris-Stone always magical and could get Prince going and even if they don't they'll still be productive.

I like it a lot. Our defense needs addressing AF though.

DrunkUncleDenis

Condra Fan
Mar 27, 2012
I love those lines. Zib and Ryan going and Hoffman will only make that line much more lethal.

Turris-Stone always magical and could get Prince going and even if they don't they'll still be productive.

I like it a lot. Our defense needs addressing AF though.

Me too. Prince might just get that spark an assist to boost his confidence. He's playing with the best forward duo on the team, so he better buckle up.

I figure the D pairings are irrelevant since Ceci will most likely play, but we'll see. Cowen-Wideman worked well IIRC, and should really be our third pairing by mid-year (I figure it will take that long to finally sit Weir) so I can see why it is Boro who moves into Ceci's spot.

Also, I like being in the position where we're cool with either goalie playing.

Micklebot

Apr 27, 2010
Today's practice:

Ceci having a maintenance day. Most likely will play tomorrow.
Still, broken up Boro-Cowen pairing is intriguing.

I like all the lines, and pairings. Rather Ceci in over Wier, maybe that's what happens :)

That said, does this mean that one of Lazar or Neil sits? If so, quite odd that Lazar could potentially go from the 1st line to pressbox. 1st line to 4th is odd enough.

L'Aveuglette

つ ◕_◕ ༽つ
Jan 8, 2007
Montreal
I like all the lines, and pairings. Rather Ceci in over Wier, maybe that's what happens :)

That said, does this mean that one of Lazar or Neil sits? If so, quite odd that Lazar could potentially go from the 1st line to pressbox. 1st line to 4th is odd enough.

I wasn't sure about Prince on the 1st in place of Hoffman, but after some thought, I think that Turris and Stone can sort of "carry" Prince to better production while Zibby and Ryan are more complimentary players that need a guy like Hoffman who can finish their passes and just create more havoc generally with his zippy skating.

As for Lazar, I really hope they sit Neil and just let the guy play with very little pressure.

Praying that Ceci is paired with Cowen and Wideman slots in on the third pairing. Wiercioch desperately needs to watch a few games from upstairs.

starling

Nov 7, 2010
Ottawa
Turris and Stone can get anyone going on their line. And Hoffman played his best hockey last season with Zib and Ryan.

PeterSidorkiewicz

HFWF Tourney Undisputed Champion
Apr 30, 2004
Lansing, MI
I like the lines. Like I've said before my style has always been go with pairings at forward and then stick a decent guy on that line and hopefully he can contribute. So having Turris and Stone together and then Zib and Ryan is what I care about most, switch guys in and out if you want. Pageau and Michalek seem to work well together so I'd keep that pairing too.

EK65IsAGod

SensWerePrettyPesky
Jul 31, 2011
Maritimes
methot_hert_1024x1024.jpg

Pierre from Orleans

May 9, 2007
Heard on the radio, the decision to start Hammond was our record is terrible in Carolina and Hammond won a huge game for us last year during the run.

Lines look good minus the 4th line. Looks atrocious with Neil on it and I'm a big Neil fan

Sens of Anarchy

Jul 9, 2013
Wiercioch-Borowiecki

Carolina's forwards will be lickin' their chops to get out against these guys

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad