Pre-Game Talk: Sens @ Bruins April 6. 7 p.m. I Love You Hockey Gods!!!!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Larionov

Feb 9, 2005
Ottawa, ON
Is there even the slightest shred of evidence to suggest that we can win a game without Player 65? None that I can see. We're going to get run out of the rink tonight now...

Micklebot

Apr 27, 2010
Argh...

Can we get through a game without losing a key player to injury?

Pens: Methot
Min: Smith
Phi: Burrows and Karlsson
Wpg: Ceci
@Det: Ryan
Det: Karlsson (again)

5 games in a row... I think we escaped Mtl with only our pride getting hurt, after losing Methot against Pittsburgh

Edit: Stalberg got hurt in a game too, not sure which one though

TheNewEra

Jul 10, 2013
just need a point, its not the end of the world...yet

plus tampa and NYI need to win their games to still have a shot

odds are in our favour

Gil Gunderson

May 2, 2007
Ottawa, ON
just need a point, its not the end of the world...yet

plus tampa and NYI need to win their games to still have a shot

odds are in our favour

Well, for me it's an Atlantic spot or bust. Playing Washington is pretty much like missing the playoffs.

I'm rooting for Tampa tonight.

Last edited:

ToastrStutzle

Feb 1, 2016
Ottawa
Knew it. Called it as soon as I saw what happened to Karl. Sprained ankles like that don't start hurting until after you take your skates and equipment off. Wouldn't be surprised if he's out until playoffs. Tough blow to take.

Hope I'm wrong of course on the length of the stay off the ice!!!

bert

Nov 11, 2002
Visit site
Argh...

5 games in a row... I think we escaped Mtl with only our pride getting hurt, after losing Methot against Pittsburgh

Karlsson is extremely injured, if they didnt get the 2 points i bet he would be in today. He re-injured his foot, also risking playing him against your first round opponent when they know he is hurt is also something id imagine they are trying to avoid.

For the love of god put Colin White in, he is playing in his home town and with EK out this team needs any offense it can find. Wingles and Kelly accomplish nothing.

sens613

Apr 12, 2012
When you saw him shopping-was he limping?
He was standing still looking at fruit to be honest and I was in a hurry so I didn't really see. He wasn't in a cast or on crutches though so that's a positive. Only real info I had was he wasn't on the trip , tried to give posters a few extra hours to come to terms with it.

TheNewEra

Jul 10, 2013
Well, for me it's an Atlantic spot or bust. Playing Washington is pretty much like missing the playoffs.

worst case scenario is boston and toronto winning and us losing in regulation, puts boston at 96, toronto at 95 and ottawa at 94

there is an extremely high chance boston loses their last game v washington so good chance they end at 96 maybe 97 if they take it to OT

Leafs play pens and blue jackets i dont think i need to expand here

we play rangers and thats going to be tough but isles basically threw in the towel

odds are still in our favor imo even with all the injuries

Gil Gunderson

May 2, 2007
Ottawa, ON
Caps, Pens, and Jackets have pretty much solidified their place in the standings and will rest guys. Don't think they'll play hard.

Our only hope is that Tampa goes all-out against the Leafs.

bert

Nov 11, 2002
Visit site
worst case scenario is boston and toronto winning and us losing in regulation, puts boston at 96, toronto at 95 and ottawa at 94

there is an extremely high chance boston loses their last game v washington so good chance they end at 96 maybe 97 if they take it to OT

Leafs play pens and blue jackets i dont think i need to expand here

we play rangers and thats going to be tough but isles basically threw in the towel

odds are still in our favor imo even with all the injuries

Problem is all these good teams have clinched. Might be resting players.

Gil Gunderson

May 2, 2007
Ottawa, ON
Is there even the slightest shred of evidence to suggest that we can win a game without Player 65? None that I can see. We're going to get run out of the rink tonight now...

If Methot was in, we might have been able to squeak out a win or two.

Last edited:

pepty

Let's win it all
Feb 22, 2005
He was standing still looking at fruit to be honest and I was in a hurry so I didn't really see. He wasn't in a cast or on crutches though so that's a positive. Only real info I had was he wasn't on the trip , tried to give posters a few extra hours to come to terms with it.

Thanks.

I figured you wouldn't say it without something to base it on and it wasn't that surprising after seeing the way he limped down the hall last game.

Relieved to see him out against the Bruins though as they are a likely first round match up and might be taking runs at him.

Lets see what the rest of the team can do without him If they are as gormless as before then the strategy of any team they see in the playoffs will be to injure Karlsson if the rest of the team is incapable of playing decent hockey without him.

DrEasy

Out rumptackling
Oct 3, 2010
Stützville
Argh...

On the bright side, we'll eventually reach a point where there will be more people coming back from injury than people getting injured. :D

Gil Gunderson

May 2, 2007
Ottawa, ON
Don't think White is in. Boucher said we're going with the same forward line-up that won last game.

Basically Andy can't let in more than one goal for us to have a chance.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad