Prospect Info: Sens Board Prospects Ranking 2023 #1

Who is the Sens #1 Prospect at the moment?

• Roby Jarventie

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Oskar Pettersson

• Lassi Thomson

• Egor Sokolov

• Stephen Halliday

• Jorian Donovan

• Angus Crookshank

• Maxence Guénette

• Philippe Daoust

• Oskar Pettersson

• Tomas Hamara

• Viktor Lodin

• Filip Nordberg

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Korpse

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 5, 2010
Pretty crazy to compare to ours. Which team has been tanking for 6 years here?

It is crazy because they've only had two guys play NHL games in that time. There's a number of 22 year olds in there who don't look like anything more than a fringe NHLer. Choose your fighter. Pinto and Kastelic or Suzuki, Rees, Honka and Tieksola.

R2010

May 23, 2011
Drafting like the leafs is where you want to be?.... uhhh You arent serious are you? The sens have drafted so much better than them in this time period.

I'm not a huge fan of their drafting overall but I don't think it's all that clear of a difference between sens/leafs. We have had better years than them but they've also had better years than us. For example in one year they took Sandin and Durzi vs JBD and Tychonick.

bert

Nov 11, 2002
Visit site
I'm not a huge fan of their drafting overall but I don't think it's all that clear of a difference between sens/leafs. We have had better years than them but they've also had better years than us. For example in one year they took Sandin and Durzi vs JBD and Tychonick.
How many players on their current roster were drafted outside of the first round.

Ouroboros

There is no armour against Fate
Feb 3, 2008
How many players on their current roster were drafted outside of the first round.
Three - assuming Holmberg makes their team which looks likely. The other two are Joe Woll and Matt Knies.

Same as Ottawa, actually, with Pinto, Batherson and Kastelic.

Hale The Villain

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Apr 2, 2008
Drafting like the leafs is where you want to be?.... uhhh You arent serious are you? The sens have drafted so much better than them in this time period.

No you misunderstand.

The part you bolded was me saying we shouldn't draft like the Leafs under Dubas (way too much emphasis on tiny skill players) or the Leafs under Burke (way too much emphasis on size/toughness) - ideally our drafting philosophy is somewhere between those two extremes.

I'm not saying we should draft like the Leafs - the opposite actually, which is why I won't mind a new head scout taking over from Mann, who's gone full Burke lately.

Reactions: SENStastic

LudwigVonKarlsson

Fall of Pierre
Oct 17, 2013
Ottawa, ON
It's Greig, but I can see an argument for Kleven.

Also - Viktor Lodin wasn't qualified so he's no longer Sens property. Ben Roger, Carson Latimer and Chandler Romeo were all cut loose as well. Johnny Tychonick has signed with Toronto [AHL] and Jakov Novak with Laval [AHL] so while they're both technically Sens prospects for another month, neither are staying in the organization.

I think we can probably cap the list at 15 this year. I don't even think they have 30 prospects in the system, and certainly they don't have any more than maybe a dozen with legit NHL potential.
Probably no more than half a dozen of those non-goalie prospects will ever play an NHL game, let alone be impactful. The prospect pool is truly abysmal right now.

Last edited:

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad