Post-Game Talk: Sens 6 Oilers 1

Soundwave

Mar 1, 2007
I'd bring up Puljujarvi. At least that's some speed there. The dumbest thing they could do now is rush Draisaitl, I suspect he does have a concussion, there's no "concussion like symptoms" you either have one or you don't. Let him rest.

syz

[1, 5, 6, 14]
Jul 13, 2007
Can we please talk about how ****ing dumb Woodcroft is? Just like last year (where he was saved from ridicule at the midpoint of the season cause of Letestu) is horrible to start the season with dumbfounding pp lines. In what world should Russel EVER I mean EVER be the point man for a pp? Mr. Muffin does nothing but pass the puck back and fourth and any time he is in a spot to get off a good opportunity he doesn't take it or wastes it because of his horrible shot.

I'm not a Woodcroft fan but it's not like he has many choices on the back end. Klefbom has taken steps forward but this team still has not had a legitimate point presence in the offensive zone since Souray.

Tobias Kahun

Oct 3, 2017
I'd bring up Puljujarvi. At least that's some speed there. The dumbest thing they could do now is rush Draisaitl, I suspect he does have a concussion, there's no "concussion like symptoms" you either have one or you don't.
This is actually not true.

Years ago crosby had something that was giving him concussion like symptoms, but wasnt a concussion.

jebs

Mar 4, 2011
I'd bring up Puljujarvi. At least that's some speed there. The dumbest thing they could do now is rush Draisaitl, I suspect he does have a concussion, there's no "concussion like symptoms" you either have one or you don't.

Did u not watch preseason? Pulj will not help this team.

Dazed and Confused

Ludicrous speed, GO!
Aug 10, 2007
Berlin, Germany
So any wavier wire options on defence available?

Auvitu did his best Brad Hunt impersonation, yeah... Not interested.

I know it his first game, but I see a small, slow defenceman who relies on his shot for offence vs. passing or hockey IQ. Montreal's trying to pawn off the corpse of Mark Streit I hear? I'd have some interest if that's an alternative to Gryba and Auvitu.

Though I'll echo the want of a few other's here and call for Simpson if there's going to be an internal fix.

The Panther

Mar 25, 2014
Tokyo, Japan
I think Kelly Hrudey called it on CBC when he said the Oilers look like a team trying to recapture last season, and failing. They have to commit to forming a somewhat new team identity for a new season.

Road-trip is what they need. Get away, bond. They'll be fine 78 games from now.

Reactions: Oilers Propagandist

Soundwave

Mar 1, 2007
I'd roll with

Lucic McDavid Yamamoto
Maroon RNH Strome
Kassian Jokinen Puljujarvi
Slepy Letestu Malone (or somebody)

Next game. Need to shake it up, this isn't working.

Tobias Kahun

Oct 3, 2017
So any wavier wire options on defence available?

Auvitu did his best Brad Hunt impersonation, yeah... Not interested.

I know it his first game, but I see a small, slow defenceman who relies on his shot for offence vs. passing or hockey IQ. Montreal's trying to pawn off the corpse of Mark Streit I hear? I'd have some interest if that's an alternative to Gryba and Auvitu.

Though I'll echo the want of a few other's here and call for Simpson if there's going to be an internal fix.
Atleast brad hunt had a rocket of a shot on the powerplay.

CycloneSweep

Sep 27, 2017
I'd roll with

Lucic McDavid Yamamoto
Maroon RNH Strome
Kassian Jokinen Puljujarvi
Slepy Letestu Malone (or somebody)

Next game. Need to shake it up, this isn't working.
RNH is our #1 center right now. McDavid has been invisible since his hattrick. Not leading by example.

oobga

Tier 2 Fan
Aug 1, 2003
This is actually not true.

Years ago crosby had something that was giving him concussion like symptoms, but wasnt a concussion.

Could be bad swelling causing headache/feeling of pressure I guess? Would really suck if he ended up having a fracture or something they didn't catch yet and is the reason it's not getting better.

Soundwave

Mar 1, 2007
I'd call up Simpson, slide Benning back in. Gryba out. Nurse up.

Nurse Larsson
Klefbom Russell
Simpson Benning

Klef is not earning his keep on the top unit. Keep Adam Larsson on the PP.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad