Post-Game Talk: Sens 6 Oilers 1

Bryanbryoil

Pray For Ukraine
Sep 13, 2004
I sure hope that we will be adding a defenseman soon. Get Benning back in and then add a D and sit/waive Gryba and Auvitu,

Mowzie

Sep 17, 2003
Chiarelli is up. "Let's see what we got" is not the way a GM should approach the season if he wants to contend. He wanted to see what we had in unproven players and now we pay the price for it. It's only 4 games in, but if Draisatl is out for more than 3-4 games, we could be behind the 8-Ball early.

Pakarinen, Khaira, Gryba can gtfo asap. I'm sick of Khaira being big and useless..

I only have 10 fingers, so I can't point at all the problems with this team.

oobga

Tier 2 Fan
Aug 1, 2003
Congrats to Yamamoto. Looks like we can't send him down. Only natural RW we have that looks like he has a clue.

Less congrats to Chia for the state of the RW position.

Mav3rick07

Jul 28, 2007
We're averaging 38 shots per game and just have no finish.

Things will even up. Our scoring will get going the chances are there .

Gret99zky

Worst Thread Ever
May 5, 2007
Gamma Quadrant
1325192299_surfing_fail.gif

nexttothemoon

and again...
Jan 30, 2010
Northern AB
This is honestly teaching Yamamoto a lot... the team losing these games and then getting pushed hard in practices. I think he's certainly learning the NHL pace and rigors in a trial by fire.

I know some/most will say this is not the environment he should be in.. but personally I think he learns much more from this than whizzing around easily in the WHL.

Reactions: Oilers Propagandist

McDrai

Mar 29, 2009
I just want to win a game. Just...1...game. Is that too much to ask?

RinkRatOil

Aug 3, 2009
I love Gryba, but thats gotta be his last game as an Oiler. Ovi-2 as Randorf was calling him, was brutal as well.

Way too many drop passes and blind backhands.

I don't want to panic, but I think someones gotta be brought in for the back end.

GhostfaceWu

Shi Shaw
Feb 11, 2015
Can we please talk about how f***ing dumb Woodcroft is? Just like last year (where he was saved from ridicule at the midpoint of the season cause of Letestu) is horrible to start the season with dumbfounding pp lines. In what world should Russel EVER I mean EVER be the point man for a pp? Mr. Muffin does nothing but pass the puck back and fourth and any time he is in a spot to get off a good opportunity he doesn't take it or wastes it because of his horrible shot.

Reactions: ujju2 and Eager4oil

CycloneSweep

Sep 27, 2017
He’s a #7 on a cheap contract, when talking about Dmen the Oilers re signed, he ain’t the problem.
He shouldn't be a #7. He should be an AHL guy who gets called up with a few injuries. He takes too many penalties and is only good for a couple hits. He is absolutely useless.

Mav3rick07

Jul 28, 2007
Teams in a funk, getting unlucky and then frustrated about their unluckiness.

A lot of people just need to take a deep breath and go enjoy their Saturday night, cause hfoil has been as embarrassing as the team tonight

This so much. Were 1-3 not 0-4. They're getting the chances our puck luck will even out.

booyakasha

Oct 11, 2007
Edmonton, AB
This is honestly teaching Yamamoto a lot... the team losing these games and then getting pushed hard in practices. I think he's certainly learning the NHL pace and rigors in a trial by fire.

I know some/most will say this is not the environment he should be in.. but personally I think he learns much more from this than whizzing around easily in the WHL.
I agree....as tough as it is right now, he's getting a crash course, and valuable lessons.
this will make him better .

Canovin

1% is the new 11.5%
Oct 27, 2010
Just trade for Athanasiou and sign Tkachev and that's all the skills we need

PatrikOverAuston

Laine > Matthews
Jun 22, 2016
Winnipeg
He’s a #7 on a cheap contract, when talking about Dmen the Oilers re signed, he ain’t the problem.

It's the fact that Chia's inability to assess talent means we have to have three of Gryba, Benning, Aavitu and Russell in the lineup at all times- and one of them in a top-four role.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad