GDT: Senators Vs Leafs 1/10/2018 7:30PM ET

Status
Not open for further replies.

Shruggs Peterson

Mar 1, 2017

Hopefully Smith has a big night a dupes some scouts.

Is that Don Maloney, former Phoenix GM, working for Calgary as a scout?

His track record at the draft was not good. Only had 6 players not drafted in the first round to play over 100 games.

pepty

Let's win it all
Feb 22, 2005
Boooo unfair.
If the Sens were playing well enough to have two representatives, Stone wold likely be there.
But this is a show for fans and after last years playoffs, Karlsson got a lot of media play and is a star and most fans would likely want to see him..
Stones time will come.

danielpalfredsson

youtube dot com /watch?v=CdqMZ_s7Y6k
Aug 14, 2013
I recall during Dorion's infamous "Pierre Dorion makes hockey decisions" press conference, that he stated something to the effect of once the team is completely out, they will have to consider using the rest of the season to further the development of young players.

Chabot stapled to Karlsson, White now on Ryan's wing. Are these Boucher's choices, or is this part of a greater direction?

Either way, I am selfishly happy about it. At least it gives us something to look forward to when watching the games, seeing how our top prospects play in bigger roles.

Pierre from Orleans

May 9, 2007
I recall during Dorion's infamous "Pierre Dorion makes hockey decisions" press conference, that he stated something to the effect of once the team is completely out, they will have to consider using the rest of the season to further the development of young players.

Chabot stapled to Karlsson, White now on Ryan's wing. Are these Boucher's choices, or is this part of a greater direction?

Either way, I am selfishly happy about it. At least it gives us something to look forward to when watching the games, seeing how our top prospects play in bigger roles.
Mostly influenced by injuries and pressure

L'Aveuglette

つ ◕_◕ ༽つ
Jan 8, 2007
Montreal

Isn't it mostly due to injuries?

Sure, Chabot's gotten more time with EK, but White wouldn't be playing in the top-6 if Bobby's hand hadn't gotten shattered once again, and with Oduya, Wideman and Boro out, I'm sure that's a big reason why Thomas has gotten a real chance to stick with Karlsson.

Just not sure we should be seeing a major trend here when these moves are mostly made out of necessity, with a bit of the GM pushing things along. I also can't feel all that happy about it when we're throwing rookies into a dumpster fire of a defense.

Sens of Anarchy

Jul 9, 2013

It's good he is giving White a chance on the top 6... I hope he does not get subbed out based on the score and situation, and he is allowed a mistake or two to feel his oats. IMO they need that ... he does not have many games to grow into it which I think they need..

Burrowsaurus

Mar 20, 2013
I think if there’s one golden rule that I think people over think all the times. It’s that good players are better than bad players

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad