Prospect Info: Senators Prospect Talk Offseason 2016

Status
Not open for further replies.

Lenny the Lynx

Sep 20, 2008
ON
Yes, we should be excited about him. He's had the best CHL season for a guy in our prospect pool since 2000, aside from Stone and Spezza.

Thanks - that's kind of the impression I'm getting.

I'm waiting for some of the debbie downers to come in here and shoot him down. Pretty crazy for a 7th round pick 2 years post draft to rise this much.

operasen

Apr 27, 2004
Thanks - that's kind of the impression I'm getting.

I'm waiting for some of the debbie downers to come in here and shoot him down. Pretty crazy for a 7th round pick 2 years post draft to rise this much.

He's making guys like Puempel tradeable as well. Will be interested to see how he melds with Varone or Paul in Bingo next year, although I think Paul stays in Ottawa

mianjo

Jan 16, 2009
Last nights games
Chabot 1a down 3-1 in series
Gagne 0 up 3-1 in series
Peron 0 up 3-1 in series
Donaghey 0 down 3-1 in series

OD99

Oct 13, 2012
Agree on Puempel completely.

He hasn't had 1 standout game or even play that I can think of during his time on the Sens.

Paul, Dzingel and Prince have all had impact moments bit Puempel is just sort of there.

His vaunted shot hasn't been noticeable and his "grittiness" doesn't seem significant. Add in he doesn't one off as overly quick and I believe he is a depth player at best.

Real Smart Sens Fan

Jun 14, 2014

He hasn't had 1 standout game or even play that I can think of during his time on the Sens.

Paul, Dzingel and Prince have all had impact moments bit Puempel is just sort of there.

His vaunted shot hasn't been noticeable and his "grittiness" doesn't seem significant. Add in he doesn't one off as overly quick and I believe he is a depth player at best.

Puempel definitely needs to prove he is a top 9 player quickly next summer or else he will be waived

HonestSenator

Dec 11, 2013

Prince has more second round playoff experencephalitis and success than anyone on the Ottawa roster in the past 2 years

Do Make Say Think

& Yet & Yet
Jun 26, 2007

He was solid last year before the high-ankle sprain. Then again, that's when the whole team was going balls to the wall; even Weircioch was playing good.

Brannstorm

Feb 15, 2016
Ottawa
Go to the Q site, it's on the front page

Wow! I am excited to see this guy playing for the Senators.

Gagne is looking good too with the play of the week.

I think Pierre Dorion is going to kill it in the draft this year. I think he will be a good GM

OD99

Oct 13, 2012
He was solid last year before the high-ankle sprain. Then again, that's when the whole team was going balls to the wall; even Weircioch was playing good.

Sure I will give him solid but there is no spark, no jolt that he might be able to make something happen on his own or make that one amazing play.

He probably gets training camp to show he wants to force his way on to the team or he is back to Bingo and then most likely quietly moved to anot her org.

operasen

Apr 27, 2004
Sure I will give him solid but there is no spark, no jolt that he might be able to make something happen on his own or make that one amazing play.

He probably gets training camp to show he wants to force his way on to the team or he is back to Bingo and then most likely quietly moved to anot her org.

to the Islanders with a 3rd for Prince?:sarcasm:

aragorn

Do The Right Thing
Aug 8, 2004

Nothing wrong with depth players, obviously more has been expected from him & it will be up to him next season to prove it otherwise they move him for a pick next season, Nothing wrong with that either, you win some & you lose some.

Prince has more second round playoff experencephalitis and success than anyone on the Ottawa roster in the past 2 years

Wow, what insight! :sarcasm:

He is a former 1st rd pick & he might get as much as Prince in return or maybe more depending on who out there may who still remember what he did in junior or in his first yr in Bingo. I'm not ready to give up on him just yet but like Prince if he doesn't work out here maybe he goes somewhere else to become the player people thought he could be & Ottawa gets a pick in return. It happens to all teams, nothing to lose sleep over, afterall we have also got lucky with a number of prospects in Stone & Hoffman & a few more coming who should be good in Chabot, White & hopefully Perron & Gagne.

Do Make Say Think

& Yet & Yet
Jun 26, 2007
It certainly is make or break with Puempel in Ottawa

That 2011 draft was pretty rough, at least it looks like Zibanejad is primed for a breakout year next season with how he ended this one and his commitment to staying in town this summer

SixthSens

RIP Fugu
Dec 5, 2007
It certainly is make or break with Puempel in Ottawa

That 2011 draft was pretty rough, at least it looks like Zibanejad is primed for a breakout year next season with how he ended this one and his commitment to staying in town this summer

I'm assuming you're talking about our 1st round and not forgetting about Pageau, Dzingel, McCormick and Claesson.

HonestSenator

Dec 11, 2013
Nothing wrong with depth players, obviously more has been expected from him & it will be up to him next season to prove it otherwise they move him for a pick next season, Nothing wrong with that either, you win some & you lose some.

Wow, what insight! :sarcasm:

He is a former 1st rd pick & he might get as much as Prince in return or maybe more depending on who out there may who still remember what he did in junior or in his first yr in Bingo. I'm not ready to give up on him just yet but like Prince if he doesn't work out here maybe he goes somewhere else to become the player people thought he could be & Ottawa gets a pick in return. It happens to all teams, nothing to lose sleep over, afterall we have also got lucky with a number of prospects in Stone & Hoffman & a few more coming who should be good in Chabot, White & hopefully Perron & Gagne.

Aragorn===awsomeness

Polansky

Apr 5, 2007
I'm assuming you're talking about our 1st round and not forgetting about Pageau, Dzingel, McCormick and Claesson.

Zibanijad finished 79th in scoring for forwards in the NHL while playing in the 94th most minutes for a forward. The guy produces as a weak 1st liner while playing slightly less minutes than a 1st line player. He also provides defense, checking and toughness (sometimes). All this at the age of 23.

Do Make Say Think

& Yet & Yet
Jun 26, 2007
Zibanijad finished 79th in scoring for forwards in the NHL while playing in the 94th most minutes for a forward. The guy produces as a weak 1st liner while playing slightly less minutes than a 1st line player. He also provides defense, checking and toughness (sometimes). All this at the age of 23.

He's been solid but it is fair to say he has left us wanting/expecting more pretty often.

Big off season for him. He needs to take the next step.

Real Smart Sens Fan

Jun 14, 2014

And he didn't even turn 23 til after the season. I expect him to put up a big 23 year old season.

Adonis Creed

King of the East
Apr 13, 2015
Gagne has impressed me.

Got upper hands and a good shots. Better skater than expected and he's BIG.

Nac Mac Feegle

wee & free
Jun 10, 2011
Chabot doesn't seem to be doing well this round (by reading the points summaries on this thread). Is he not having a good series, or is his team badly outmatched?

Adonis Creed

King of the East
Apr 13, 2015
Chabot doesn't seem to be doing well this round (by reading the points summaries on this thread). Is he not having a good series, or is his team badly outmatched?[/QUOTE]

Shawi has 3 very good lines and St-Johns will be a favoruite next year...

He was OK...tough match-up series all-around

Gagne has improved a ton!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad