Prospect Info: Senators Prospect Talk Offseason 2016

Status
Not open for further replies.

BondraTime

Nov 20, 2005
East Coast
Gagne is a 6-5 guy with good skating and puck skills.

He had a very lackluster regular season, but is having a good playoffs, and wasn't picked to destroy the Q this season. Mann and Dorian are looking 3-4 years down the road.

He has all the tools, whether or not he puts them together as a pro in the AHL over the next 3 years is another story.

Othello*

Disagree, but understand.

I mean, if he puts on some solid weight in the offseason than going to the AHL wouldn't be a huge problem.

Hopefully he doesn't have a body like Wiercioch who's been stuck at 200 pounds forever lol.

BondraTime

Nov 20, 2005
East Coast
Do you think that the ECHL is better for him than the Q?

Chances are he spends some time there next year, if not most of the year.

No, I don't.

Gagne and Perron are the only guys who will be added up front, taking the place of guys like Leveille, Guptill, Flanagan, Borkowski, and whatever other turnaround there is in the next 5 months.

I could be wrong, I may likely be wrong. I just can't see the Sens choosing to leave Gagne in the Q as a 20 (spots usually reserved for no name future CIS players)

OD99

Oct 13, 2012
Nice finish but brutal D! That guy just let him have a breakaway essentially.

The Bingo team will have room for youngsters so I can see Gagne sticking up there - depends how the org wants to treat him.

BondraTime

Nov 20, 2005
East Coast
Nice finish but brutal D! That guy just let him have a breakaway essentially.

The Bingo team will have room for youngsters so I can see Gagne sticking up there - depends how the org wants to treat him.

That's your 2015, 13th overall Jakub Zboril.

You meant the far side Don 2nd thought, definitely bad coverage from both guys.

Ouroboros

There is no armour against Fate
Feb 3, 2008
Pretty decent dab, but he will need to spend some time with Colin White to refine his technique.

Do Make Say Think

& Yet & Yet
Jun 26, 2007
I don't know

Maybe I'm a cynic but all see are the opposing players not giving a **** about containing him

Good on Gagne for making the most of the opportunity though

BondraTime

Nov 20, 2005
East Coast
I don't know

Maybe I'm a cynic but all see are the opposing players not giving a **** about containing him

Yes, a guy picked 1st round and another guy going 2nd round this year, in the playoffs, wanted nothing more than to let him cut in and score. They don't want to compete in the playoffs at all.

FunkySeeFunkyDoo

Feb 3, 2009
Ottawa
I don't know

Both guys are clearly gassed. Look at the far side guy at the very beginning of the video ... he can barely skate. They are probably at the end of a 2 minute shift.

This kind of thing is why the good players put up 1.5 pts/game in junior.

mianjo

Jan 16, 2009
Peron 1g 1a, loses 5-4
Chabot 1a, loses 7-1
Gagne 0 wins 7-1

Last edited:

mianjo

Jan 16, 2009
Macoy Erkamps 1a in first game and 2a in 2nd game. Brandon lead 2-0 in semi final WHL

Samsquanch

Raging Bull Squatch
Nov 28, 2008
Sudbury
Macoy Erkamps 1a in first game and 2a in 2nd game. Brandon lead 2-0 in semi final WHL

This guy is intriguing for sure. As we all know, dmen can take a little while to show their true colors.

Because at this point, what's not to like about this kid? Hes mobile and can move the puck, hits hard and drops the gloves, captain of his team.

Am I missing something here, or did we get a potential gem here in this guy?

BondraTime

Nov 20, 2005
East Coast
This guy is intriguing for sure. As we all know, dmen can take a little while to show their true colors.

Because at this point, what's not to like about this kid? Hes mobile and can move the puck, hits hard and drops the gloves, captain of his team.

Am I missing something here, or did we get a potential gem here in this guy?

It's kind of hard to get excited for an over-aged player playing on a pairing with the best D prospect outside the NHL.

I hope that he becomes a player for us, I'd be very happy. I am not expecting him be anything more than a depth guy at the AHL level, but if DD can carve out a few games in the NHL, anyone can.

Burrowsaurus

Mar 20, 2013
It's kind of hard to get excited for an over-aged player playing on a pairing with the best D prospect outside the NHL.

I hope that he becomes a player for us, I'd be very happy. I am not expecting him be anything more than a depth guy at the AHL level, but if DD can carve out a few games in the NHL, anyone can.

Yeah no kidding to that last comment.

derriko

Mar 7, 2009
Las Vegas
Whats the skating like with this dude? Sounds like hes pretty well rounded but mustve been passed over because of something...

Vesa Awesaka

#KeepTheSenate
Jul 4, 2013
Whats the skating like with this dude? Sounds like hes pretty well rounded but mustve been passed over because of something...

Not a strength from what i understand. Lethbridge had some pretty bad teams to it would seem

Jerrico

Jan 21, 2007
About 1 year later, how do you guys feel about passing on Konecny for White? I think I'd prefer Konecny at this point, but White looks really good too.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad