Prospect Info: Senators Prospect Talk 2016-2017

Status
Not open for further replies.

BonkTastic

ಠ_ಠ
Nov 9, 2010
Parts Unknown
I wonder what Brad Peltz is doing these days?

Probably chilling in a beach-side condo or something. Gotta be nice to have "family money" as a backup career.

trentmccleary

Mar 2, 2002
Alfie-Ville
Visit site
Weird conversation about Gagne in the previous thread. When have we ever moved a 2nd rounder out of junior hockey before they aged-out? ... Never? I don't understand why there was controversy.

Oh wait, I feel like Fisher did and technically Lehner probably did too. But that's probably it.

MaxTheLimit

Hockey ruins all my personal relationships
Jul 21, 2016
Ontario
This could be a big year for Gagne. If he plays like he did in the QMJHL playoffs last year, he could make an interesting player for a scoring RW with size.

He needs a good point per game year this year, and he needs to stay healthy. After that, I think he should take a year in the AHL to learn the pro style game. Probably be 2 more years before we see him.

I guess White will be out of action for a while longer yet because of the wrist injury / surgery. I hope this is something that heals properly, and he can have another strong season in College. I was hoping that he'd see some NHL/AHL time after the college season ended this year.

Icelevel

During these difficult times...
Sep 9, 2009
From outside, observing, it looks like...
Both chabot and gagne need to take their intensity/consistency/seriousness to the next level if they want to become the players ottawa was hoping for. Lots of players this age make more of a step for themselves than others.

edit: oh, and speaking of gagne......(just uploaded)

BondraTime

Nov 20, 2005
East Coast
Weird conversation about Gagne in the previous thread. When have we ever moved a 2nd rounder out of junior hockey before they aged-out? ... Never? I don't understand why there was controversy.

Oh wait, I feel like Fisher did and technically Lehner probably did too. But that's probably it.

Shane Prince is the only "2nd" we have even drafted from the CHL in the past 10 years (Not including Chlapik and Gagne). He was moved to the AHL before he aged out.

Perron is doing that this season.

Paul did it last season.

Dunn did it 2 years ago.

Pageau did it.

As far as I know, the only guys we left in junior were Culek, Hoffman, Brassard and Fransoo, I'm likely missing some though. Edit: Kramer as well

Last edited:

derriko

Mar 7, 2009
Las Vegas
Gagne just said in the video he wants to go to Bingo (or wherever it is nowadays)

Wonder if Lee will shoot that down since he still has more to prove in the CHL

starling

Nov 7, 2010
Ottawa
Some camp tweets:

Brown centering Roslovic and Foley (both WPG 2015 choices).

Chabot with Juulsen.

Sens of Anarchy

Jul 9, 2013
SWEDEN JUNIOR EVALUATION CAMP ROSTER

GOALTENDERS: Filip Gustavsson, Lulea, SHL (Pittsburgh Penguins); Felix Sandstrom, Brynas, SHL (Philadelphia Flyers); Adam Werner, Farjestad, SHL (Colorado Avalanche)

DEFENSEMEN: David Bernhardt, Djurgarden, SHL (Philadelphia Flyers); Gustav Bouramman, Sault Ste. Marie, OHL (Minnesota Wild); Gabriel Carlsson, Linkoping, SHL (Columbus Blue Jackets); Lucas Carlsson, Brynas, SHL (Chicago Blackhawks); Kristoffer Gunnarsson, Frolunda, SHL (2017 draft eligible); Jacob Larsson, Frolunda, SHL (Anaheim Ducks); Jesper Lindgren, Modo, SHL (Toronto Maple Leafs); Jacob Moverare, HV 71, SHL (Los Angeles Kings)

FORWARDS: Lias Andersson, HV 71 Jr., SWE-JR. (2017 draft eligible); Rasmus Asplund, Farjestad, SHL (Buffalo Sabres); Jonathan Dahlen, Timra, SHL (Ottawa Senators); John Dahlstrom, Frolunda, SHL (Chicago Blackhawks); Jonathan Davidsson, Djurgarden, SHL (2017 draft eligible); Marcus Davidsson, Djurgarden Jr., SWE-JR (2017 draft eligible); Joel Eriksson Ek, Farjestad, SHL (Minnesota Wild); Carl Grundstrom, Frolunda, SHL (Toronto Maple Leafs); Jens Looke, Bryans, SHL (Arizona Coyotes); Alexander Nylander, Mississauga, OHL (Buffalo Sabres); Sebastian Ohlsson, Skelleftea, SHL (2017 draft eligible); Linus Olund, Brynas, SHL (2017 draft eligible); Oskar Steen, Farjestad, SHL (Boston Bruins); Andreas Wingerli, Skelleftea, SHL (2017 draft eligible)

Burrowsaurus

Mar 20, 2013
Brown wasn't really used in the third

Lethargic out there.

Yes I know quote where that guy said big players can look lethargic because of their big strides.

Sens of Anarchy

Jul 9, 2013
Brown wasn't really used in the third

Lethargic out there.

Yes I know quote where that guy said big players can look lethargic because of their big strides.

Pretty sure he scored on a tap in in the 3rd and did not seem to be out there much.... I was not very impressed with his play. Seemed to struggle down low on puck battles in tight spaces.

Didn't get to see team Canada but saw Chychrun getting beat on the first Fin goal. The OT goal looked like another pretty serious breakdown

Burrowsaurus

Mar 20, 2013
Pretty sure he scored on a tap in in the 3rd and did not seem to be out there much.... I was not very impressed with his play. Seemed to struggle down low on puck battles in tight spaces.

Didn't get to see team Canada but saw Chychrun getting beat on the first Fin goal. The OT goal looked like another pretty serious breakdown

I didn't get to watch canada. Watch most of the U.S. Game. Keller is magic. Hogged the puck a bit today though. Brown just seems so bleh. I'm not sure if he's a lock for this team or not. If he is I suppose it explains some of the slowness. But yeah in tight spaces he looks slow and unwilling to battle. Seems like he just reacts so slowly to everything out there. I don't think e will be a "bust" but this is more of the same from the couple time i watched him last year. I hope he has about another 10 gears.

To clarify. Don't think he will be a bust. Just tough time seeing this guy become that powerhouse point producing first line center that some here do.

Sens of Anarchy

Jul 9, 2013
I didn't get to watch canada. Watch most of the U.S. Game. Keller is magic. Hogged the puck a bit today though. Brown just seems so bleh. I'm not sure if he's a lock for this team or not. If he is I suppose it explains some of the slowness. But yeah in tight spaces he looks slow and unwilling to battle. Seems like he just reacts so slowly to everything out there. I don't think e will be a "bust" but this is more of the same from the couple time i watched him last year. I hope he has about another 10 gears.

To clarify. Don't think he will be a bust. Just tough time seeing this guy become that powerhouse point producing first line center that some here do.

Too early to make any calls on him.. I would have liked to see him be more dominant. Keller is a little fire plug.. He is a going concern...great hands

Icelevel

During these difficult times...
Sep 9, 2009
It's not going to look good if McLeod becomes significantly better than brown. NJ would look pretty smart though.
Willing to wait and see.

MaxTheLimit

Hockey ruins all my personal relationships
Jul 21, 2016
Ontario
I didn't get to watch today, but I hear Brown scored.

Any word on how Chabot played? Jonathan Dahlen?

Viletho

Jan 20, 2015
:surrender

An 18 year old had a meh scrimmage game in the middle of the summer.

Meh game, but got the game winner and won an important offensive zone faceoff that became a goal 8 sec later.

I'm okay with that in the end. He still had a positive impact on the game.

Nac Mac Feegle

wee & free
Jun 10, 2011
We have to remember, Brown is a long-term guy. He's not making it to the NHL for at least 3-4 years. Expecting him to look dominant right now is asking a lot.

I'm more interested to hear how Chabot played today. He's the one that should be one of the dominant ones (please, please, please!) this year for Canada.

FolignoQuantumLeap

Don't Hold The Door
Mar 16, 2009
Ottawa
We have to remember, Brown is a long-term guy. He's not making it to the NHL for at least 3-4 years. Expecting him to look dominant right now is asking a lot.

I'm more interested to hear how Chabot played today. He's the one that should be one of the dominant ones (please, please, please!) this year for Canada.

I don't fully agree with this in that I think Brown will be in the NHL sooner than yourself. He plays out junior then probably half a season in the AHL and is first call up.

But we're seeing a pretty big overreaction for one exibition game in early August. If I were Brown I'd be more focused on the gym right now than the ice. Offseason should be his chance to bulk over the next few years. I agree that it's all about the long term with him and adding muscle and strength is what will make him a player for Ottawa. He already has the skills. I'm not interested in how he's playing in exhibition summer games.

Hutz

Sep 7, 2007
I don't fully agree with this in that I think Brown will be in the NHL sooner than yourself. He plays out junior then probably half a season in the AHL and is first call up.

But we're seeing a pretty big overreaction for one exibition game in early August. If I were Brown I'd be more focused on the gym right now than the ice. Offseason should be his chance to bulk over the next few years. I agree that it's all about the long term with him and adding muscle and strength is what will make him a player for Ottawa. He already has the skills. I'm not interested in how he's playing in exhibition summer games.

Are we expecting Nac Mac Feegle to make the NHL at all?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad