3 - Brown
4 - Dahlen
5 - Englund
6 - Perron
7 - Paul
8 - Jaros
9 - Puempel
10 - Chlapik

I would have had Perron 4th, I think that is a bit high on Dahlen and Englund ( though I do see them as very promising )

I'd go:
1 - Chabot
2 - White
3 - Brown
4 - Perron
5 - Paul
6 - Dahlen
7 - Englund
8 - Jaros
9 - Chlapik
10 - Hogberg

Icelevel

During these difficult times...
Sep 9, 2009
I think Dahlen has much better hands than Silfverberg (not as good defensively, and not as good of a shot). The guy I think of is Jussi Jokinen.

I can't get havlat out of my mind when it comes to dahlen. Whether that is appropriate or not.

Sens of Anarchy

Jul 9, 2013
Last edited:

Micklebot

Apr 27, 2010

Sens of Anarchy

Jul 9, 2013
I'm surprised Perron isn't higher on his ranking; he seems to check all the boxes that Pronman likes; great hockey IQ, good passer, good skater, good shot...
True on that.

I like that he has Englund up there. Nice to see him being recognized. I see him as a good fit with Wideman when he is NHL ready.

Perron is almost 2 years older than Dahlen so I would think that is a factor. I am high on Perron as a skilled player that was a later bloomer. Hopefully he can find success early in the AHL and further add to his value.

It will be interesting to see what happens with Chabot and Englund next year if we lose Methot as at least I currently expect.

Samsquanch

Raging Bull Squatch
Nov 28, 2008
Sudbury
I read an interesting post (on another Sens site) from a Regina Pats fan about Filip Ahl today.

Would be awesome to see him break out as a legit prospect this year.

I'm a Regina Pats fan. Last night was their Blue v White scrimmage game, and Filip Ahl took part.

I'm sure you guys already know this, but this guy looks huge in person (and I'm 6'5, so this is saying something) and he doesn't shy away from being physical either.

Whenever he was on the ice, it was hard to keep my eyes off him. He's got a lot of skill and it seems like a fair bit of arrogance - on the one goal he scored, he called for the puck in front of the net, waited a second or two for the puck, and was able to tip it in on a pass from the boards.

He got an assist as well. Ahl originally got credit for the goal but the stat was later corrected to show he got an assist.

He's got a laser of a wrist shot, by the way.

Now, I said he played with a bit of arrogance and also that he was physical - he hit a guy up against the boards about a second after he gave the puck away (I thought it should have been a penalty but nothing was called) and then again he hit a guy from behind (the guy was down for a solid minute or two and skated off with a towel up to his face) and got a game misconduct for that.

Ahl in Ahl you guys have an extremely promising prospect in your arsenal, but he needs to work a bit on his discipline IMO.

Anyhow, I just thought you guys would be interested. Cheers!

BondraTime

Nov 20, 2005
East Coast
I read an interesting post (on another Sens site) from a Regina Pats fan about Filip Ahl today.

Would be awesome to see him break out as a legit prospect this year.

I'm hoping he can have a Lindberg type season, both seem pretty similar pre-CHL.

He's a guy we need to see a full year of to accurately assess him.

Micklebot

Apr 27, 2010
I'm hoping he can have a Lindberg type season, both seem pretty similar pre-CHL.

He's a guy we need to see a full year of to accurately assess him.

I've seen pretty much nothing of him, but from what I had read, it was his willingness to use his size that was an issue. Seems like from that one report, he may have taken that criticism to heart.

Looking forward to see how he does in the CHL. If using his size consistently was his issue, that's probably a great place for him to develop.

Hale The Villain

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Apr 2, 2008
Based solely on their production in the Swedish junior league (Superelit), Ahl is significantly better than Lindberg offensively

Lindberg
Draft season: 43GP-9G-13A-22P
Post-draft season: 38GP-7G-15A-22P

Ahl
Draft season: 34GP-20G-22A-42P
Post-draft season: 18GP-18G-13A-31P

Lindberg went on to produce well over a PPG for Oshawa in his draft-year+2. Ahl should be able to do the same, if not better this season for Regina.

Samsquanch

Raging Bull Squatch
Nov 28, 2008
Sudbury
Based solely on their production in the Swedish junior league (Superelit), Ahl is significantly better than Lindberg offensively

Lindberg

Ahl

Lindberg went on to produce well over a PPG for Oshawa in his draft-year+2. Ahl should be able to do the same, if not better this season for Regina.

I agree with your assessment. Ahl and Sam Steel could do some damage together this year.

Ahl has a lot of upside. He's kind of like the Swedish version of Gabriel Gagne, and both were taken in 2015

In fact, I bet that he passes Gagne on the depth chart as our "big skilled winger with question marks". They're both playing in the CHL next year, and this really should be in Gagne's favor considering it will be Ahl's first year on NA ice, but I won't be surprised to see Ahl to pass him.

Prove me wrong, Gabe. Prove me wrong.

Last edited:

Icelevel

During these difficult times...
Sep 9, 2009

Lindberg

Ahl

not sure it works that way, but..... :dunno:

flashback,

Sens of Anarchy

Jul 9, 2013
CatRoqlWwAERXNn.jpg

Boston College ... article on projected lineup from may

BU landed several big names this year.

Keller, Bellows, Krys, Fabbro ...

Last edited:

derriko

Mar 7, 2009
Las Vegas
It'd be interesting to see out of BC's three centers, if they move one to wing to buff up the top 6. Fitzgerald and White were the two best forwards, and then you have Keller that could probably match both of their production with his all offense skill set.

Bellows-Keller-White would be a very fun line to watch. Im drooling just thinking about it. Your sniper / playmaker / two way player classic line.

Sens of Anarchy

Jul 9, 2013
It'd be interesting to see out of BC's three centers, if they move one to wing to buff up the top 6. Fitzgerald and White were the two best forwards, and then you have Keller that could probably match both of their production with his all offense skill set.

Bellows-Keller-White would be a very fun line to watch. Im drooling just thinking about it. Your sniper / playmaker / two way player classic line.

Keller and Bellows are going to BU. White plays for BC.

Would be a good line though.

Uchiha

Jun 14, 2014
Boston College is going to be trash. Wouldn't be surprised if White and Fritzgerald are split up.

derriko

Mar 7, 2009
Las Vegas
Keller and Bellows are going to BU. White plays for BC.

Would be a good line though.

I always get those two mixed up...

It would be nice then if White could shut Keller down in head to head match ups. That would bode well for his future potential as a Toews / Bergeron lite.

16w

Jun 23, 2003
just noticed that Andre Petersson has 4g 6a in 6 games and is tied for the KHL scoring lead with Ilya Kovalchuk

Hutz

Sep 7, 2007
just noticed that Andre Petersson has 4g 6a in 6 games and is tied for the KHL scoring lead with Ilya Kovalchuk

Do we still own his rights or could this end up like another Marcus Sorensen situation? He's actually signed an entry level deal before, but did we qualify his rights before he left? Not sure where we left things with him.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad