Rumor: Senators have given interested teams permission to discuss contract with Karlsson.

Status
Not open for further replies.

boredmale

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 13, 2005
Ottawa should of taken that. They are gonna wait too long and get worse

To be honest if that is the best offer I get I wait till a month till the deadline and offer to trade Karlsson at 50% and allow the team to sign him first.

Cotton

May 13, 2013
No offense to Vegas but what appeal does make going there long-term to EK over a team like San Jose or TB?

No offence, but this is the exact same nonsense Sharks and Lightning fans were saying to Leafs fans about Tavares. You guys overrate your appeal.

Vegas could be everything Karlsson is looking for in a market for all anyone knows.

Reactions: BallardEra

DaveMatthew

Bring in Peter
Apr 13, 2005
Ott
Ottawa should of taken that. They are gonna wait too long and get worse

The thing is, Dorion and Melnyk need to get someone back that they can try to sell to the average fan. They need a name. (They don't seem to realize that fans aren't going to buy anything they say, and the entire city has already turned on ownership and management. There's no salvaging it.)

The casual fan looks at that and says:

• Theodore looks okay, but wasn't he given up in the expansion draft just last year?
• Eakin scored 27 points.
• Who the hell is Hague?
• Vegas went to the Cup finals... they'll probably be good again next year... that 1st rounder sucks.

He wants Glass because he can go out and say, "we got a future #1 center, 6th overall pick" and then hope that he plays well at the WJC where most people make their judgement on prospects.

Reactions: Catbug

HanSolo

DJ Crazy Times
Apr 7, 2008
Las Vegas
VERY crappy return. Theodore has a bright future, Hague has some potential but is probably a long was away from being NHL ready, and Eakin feels like a throw in 3C.
Not that I think rumorbreak is anymore credible than a guy handing out stripper ads on the Las Vegas strip, but does a prospect being a few years away really matter to Ottawa right now? You think Dorion is gearing up for a quick retool to become a contender in the short term?

CupInSIX

My cap runneth over
Jul 1, 2012
Alphaville
The thing is, Dorion and Melnyk need to get someone back that they can try to sell to the average fan. They need a name. (They don't seem to realize that fans aren't going to buy anything they say, and the entire city has already turned on ownership and management. There's no salvaging it.)

The casual fan looks at that and says:

• Theodore looks okay, but wasn't he given up in the expansion draft just last year?
• Eakin scored 27 points.
• Who the hell is Hague?
• Vegas went to the Cup finals... they'll probably be good again next year... that 1st rounder sucks.

He wants Glass because he can go out and say, "we got a future #1 center, 6th overall pick" and then hope that he plays well at the WJC where most people make their judgement on prospects.

I get where you're going.

EK (signed)
for
Cody 'the franchise' Glass
Colin 'highly coveted by Leaf fans and best buds with Kyle Dubas' Miller

boom. sellouts everyknight

Nov 24, 2006
Not that I think rumorbreak is anymore credible than a guy handing out stripper ads on the Las Vegas strip, but does a prospect being a few years away really matter to Ottawa right now? You think Dorion is gearing up for a quick retool to become a contender in the short term?

I think I saw this guy once!

HanSolo

DJ Crazy Times
Apr 7, 2008
Las Vegas
I think I saw this guy once!
There are women that do it too. Imagine walking by a 50-60 something year old woman wearing a reflector vest handing you a card with a naked woman on it asking you if you're looking for a good time tonight.

As an aside, that question always cracks me up when I do make it down to the strip. I always want to answer "no I came to the Las Vegas strip to drown my sorrows in alcohol and blow my brains out in front of the Statue of Liberty, thanks"

Seven0two

Apr 17, 2018

You're right, on all accounts. I actually like Hague, I just imagine that even with Ryan's contract Ottawa will want a lot more back then what that rumor states. Hell as a VGK fan, if that's what it took to get EK and Ryan I would be doing backflips.

HanSolo

DJ Crazy Times
Apr 7, 2008
Las Vegas
You're right, on all accounts. I actually like Hague, I just imagine that even with Ryan's contract Ottawa will want a lot more back then what that rumor states. Hell as a VGK fan, if that's what it took to get EK and Ryan I would be doing backflips.

I mean I would too.

If Glass goes then Vegas is in a realistic situation where Karlsson may not be a 1c quality guy anymore, Stastny struggles and Suzuki's talent doesn't translate at the NHL level and they're screwed up the middle. If the news that Vegas refuses to part with Glass is true, it makes total sense.

Pirate Deadpool

Mar 3, 2011
Las Vegas, NV
I'm telling all of you if Ryan goes to VGK with EK, the return will be slightly better than what the leafs got for Kessel when they were desperate to dump his contract. 7.25 AAV frees up money to get a star player or to extend Duchene :sarcasm:

Voight

#winning
Feb 8, 2012
Mulberry Street
Senators are such a f***ing joke.

The ONLY comparable to your star defensemen just got $11 million (from a team hes won two cups with i.e has incentive to stay with) and you offer him TEN? What on earth would posses Melnyk to do that.... its like he WANTS Karlsson to leave and for him to completely sewer his franchise for the next decade.

Reminds me of the times Dollar Bill was running the Blackhawks...

Sensung

Oct 3, 2017
Senators are such a ****ing joke.

The ONLY comparable to your star defensemen just got $11 million (from a team hes won two cups with i.e has incentive to stay with) and you offer him TEN? What on earth would posses Melnyk to do that.... its like he WANTS Karlsson to leave and for him to completely sewer his franchise for the next decade.

Reminds me of the times Dollar Bill was running the Blackhawks...
Welcome to our reality.

Worst owner in the league AINEC

Aoko

Order has now fallen.
Dec 14, 2017
Oh look, the Leafs stalker, stalking threads for Leafs content to pounce on.
You don't exactly make it difficult for him then, I guess.

Thread has nothing to do with the Leafs. What happens? Leaf fan talks about how other teams who missed out on Tavares overrate their city appeal. :laugh:

You just can't make this shit up. One signing and suddenly Toronto is a hot spot for home talent! Your team is gonna get laughed at so bad when they don't win the cup.

Reactions: Jray42 and Master P

Sensung

Oct 3, 2017
You don't exactly make it difficult for him then, I guess.

Thread has nothing to do with the Leafs. What happens? Leaf fan talks about how other teams who missed out on Tavares overrate their city appeal. :laugh:

You just can't make this **** up. One signing and suddenly Toronto is a hot spot for home talent! Your team is gonna get laughed at so bad when they don't win the cup.
If he's not going to re-sign, I want EK to win cups and block the Leafs, so I really hoping Stevie Y stops dicking around and gives the Sens a real offer.

Voodoo Glow Skulls

Formerly Vatican Roulette
Sponsor
Sep 27, 2017
Like getting flamed.

NYI:

Karlsson(with extension)
Duchene(with extension)

Ottawa:

Lee
Pulock
Beauvillier
2019 1st
Greiss

Aoko

Order has now fallen.
Dec 14, 2017
If he's not going to re-sign, I want EK to win cups and block the Leafs, so I really hoping Stevie Y stops dicking around and gives the Sens a real offer.
I am fine giving up Sergachev, but Point is as untouchable as anybody else on the roster.

CupInSIX

My cap runneth over
Jul 1, 2012
Alphaville
I get the sense that Tampa and Dallas are the only 2 teams he's made a formal decision to re-sign with, or maybe it's just Tampa. Everyone else is dealing with 1 year of EK.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad