GDT: Semifinal • Russia vs. United States

Status
Not open for further replies.

Matti_A

Sep 21, 2005
How sweet to get a chance at revenge versus the Russian's. Should be a good game.

Raptor1990

May 21, 2013
Devínska Nová Ves
I wish our main team played like that , I swear to God. Bragin's just a God for junior teams. Our main teams seem to be filled with individualists and lacks team play, but Bragin's teams are well-oiled machines, always playing as a TEAM. Bragin - awesome!

Yeah you would need God oh I mean Bragin to help you to win something big at Olympics or that World cup of hockey though.

BB88

Jan 19, 2015
When I Harped about that talent. This is what I meant. We ****ed our chance of a medal with useless bums like Eansor Hitchcock and Donato. Politics. ****ing trash

Big players didn't show up, none of them when it mattered, blame them.

Dr Pepper

Dec 9, 2005
Sunny Etobicoke
Congrats to Russia. I won't say why you won. I will wait to hear from Lowry as to what Wilson did wrong.

Well, we'll see if the American hockey media lobs any softballs his way, the same way TSN did to Wilson.

"Hey, hey look what Ron Wilson said about Canada, you guys! Boo, what a meanie!" :scared: :sarcasm:

habsrule4eva3089

Nov 22, 2008
Good result. People here talk about American Hockey going a longs way in development, well World Juniors constantly proving Russia is slowly finally forming a system of development that will not only match the American system but over take it with the popularity of Hockey and number of players starting to play.

Ralonzo

Я хочу!
Nov 6, 2006
Virginia
Why no Dvorak in the last minute? I don't get it.

Dvorak cleared the zone with a bad-angle one-timer with about 1 min left, didn't he? It's a given that the #1 line was going to play the last shift, and I understand using DeBrincat as sixth skater as he's a pure finisher.

The US defense basically started getting rattled by the hitting and the Russians shortening up on their time and space in the 2nd period, and had a lot of bad giveaways. I can remember bad giveaways by McAvoy leading to a goal, Werenski leading to a goal, Carlo and Belpedio too. The only guy that seemed to break out clean every time in the 2nd and 3rd was Borgen. And Fortunato is like 130 lbs, completely out of his element in a game like this one.

CBJWerenski8

Formerly CBJWennberg10 (RIP Kivi)
Jun 13, 2009
Mr. Austin Matthews forgot to show up for a huge game. Was almost invisible. Werenski got walked two times and finally got burned the second time. Russia deserved this one.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad