GDT: Semifinal • Russia vs. United States

Status
Not open for further replies.

behemolari

Dec 1, 2011
I predict Russia will fold against Finland tomorrow. Russia has a tendency to play their gold medal game in their semi-finals when beating Canada or USA, and then playing lazy/tired in the gold medal game.

There is one rule overall with Russia hockey, you can't predict. We have learned it at least to say.

BlitzSnipe

Dec 28, 2014
He cant coach adults, he tried in the khl and got nowhere

But he's so awesome at juniors ... what's the difference anyway? All grown men, all hockey maniacs ... don't really see that much of a difference. There are plenty of young guys aged 20 or so in adult teams anyway.

snipes

How cold? I’m ice cold.
Dec 28, 2015
I think he's too 'Russian' for the NHL :). He just has that sort of Soviet army type of style to him, not sure if Americans/Canadians would be cool with that.

I love his coaching style and his teams always play hard for him not matter what. It would be awesome to see him get a shot, but who knows he's probably happy doing what he's doing now. He's up there as one of the greatest WJC coaches of all time.

BlitzSnipe

Dec 28, 2014
There is one rule overall with Russia hockey, you can't predict. We have learned it at least to say.

I think it's highly unprobably that the Russians are going to 'fold' right now, the guys are pumped up right now, there's no way they're not going to be playing at 100% or more, imo.

Canuckistani

Mar 15, 2014
Toronto
The past decade of Russia vs Finland elimination games:

2006 Olympics - SF - Finland 4-0
2007 WHC - SF - Finland 2-1 OT
2008 WHC - SF - Russia 4-0
2011 WJC - QF - Russia 4-3 OT
2011 WHC - SF - Finland 3-0
2012 WHC - SF - Russia 6-2
2014 Olympics - QF - Finland 3-1
2014 WHC - F - Russia 5-2

Passionis

Dec 10, 2015
I think it's highly unprobably that the Russians are going to 'fold' right now, the guys are pumped up right now, there's no way they're not going to be playing at 100% or more, imo.

They won't go down without a fight, that's for sure

behemolari

Dec 1, 2011
Now its a good situation. If they lose to Finland they still get the silver. They already beat Finland once this tournament. And Finland has a good team and are at home, they have no excuse not to win.

So all pressure is on Finland.

Theres no pressure at all on Finland, they already won Canada.

behemolari

Dec 1, 2011

And that's the pivot point exactly when they will surprise you way or another. I'll predict we see many different russias tomorrow.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->