GDT: Semifinal • Russia vs. United States

Status
Not open for further replies.

aphyro

För evigt trogen AIK
May 16, 2013
Sundsvall
You're out to lunch on this as were most of swedish fans on 1st semi. Russians may be not going to win but they give them a solid fight at least. Altho, i agree, US is a clear favourite there.

If Russia com out and play like they did against Denmark then yeah this game is gonna be a walk in the park for the dixies

Mara

May 10, 2011
Like the first semi showed, anything can happen even if USA is the clear favorite on paper. This is a junior tournament after all. Hopefully it'll be a close game right to the finish line!

Melkor

Jul 22, 2012
Auckland, New Zealand
If Russia com out and play like they did against Denmark then yeah this game is gonna be a walk in the park for the dixies

You dont believe that they're going to play against USA the same way they did against Denmark, do you? That was a clear underestimation of the opponent by the russians.

aphyro

För evigt trogen AIK
May 16, 2013
Sundsvall
You dont believe that they're going to play against USA the same way they did against Denmark, do you? That was a clear underestimation of the opponent by the russians.

You can call it wathever you want but what the Russian showed that game was not impressing at all and by that i have Dixie as hugh favorit in this game.

But i have had Dixie as the hugh favorit to win this tournament from the start so.

MuckOG

May 18, 2012
Should be a close game with major momentum swings going both ways....Of course, the bias homer in me says the USA will win 5-4.

Melkor

Jul 22, 2012
Auckland, New Zealand
You can call it wathever you want but what the Russian showed that game was not impressing at all and by that i have Dixie as hugh favorit in this game.

Agreed. Still, thats a weird way to predict the semi based on a one game against an obviously weaker team. Well, whatever...

Mara

May 10, 2011

The way I saw it Russia looked terrible against Denmark for 35 minutes and after that it was pure domination while the Danes struggled for survival. The score doesn't paint an accurate picture of the flow of the game, but it's a fact that Russia was unable to kill the game and gave up easy goals. A failure in mental preparation by the Russians and perhaps a good wake up call. It's a new game today.

1Gold Standard

Jun 13, 2012
I'm expecting the Americans to win this rather easily. but you never know with this tournament.

It could turn nasty.

5-2 for the U.S. and a date with the Finns. it would be a fantastic final.

Namejs

Dec 24, 2011
Oslo
canadian refs are absurd, i'd like to see someone from belarus or kazakhstan.
:laugh:

Humans are individual entities that are not connected to the Overmind. Can you stop with this tribal, nationalist thinking?

Plural

Mar 10, 2011
I root for USA, since I want to see fin-USA final.

I think USA will be harder opponent for sure, but at this point, I just want to see that game.

TheGoldenJet

Apr 2, 2008
Coquitlam, BC
Mathews is the best 18 year old in the world (Connor turns 19 in a couple days), and my favourite player not yet in the NHL, he will carry the Americans to the Gold medal game against the hometown Finns. Russia has a strong team, undefeated so far and the game against Denmark was an aberration. But the Americans are just as good depth-wise, and Matthews will be the difference here.

Canadian Finn

Oskee Wee Wee
Feb 21, 2014
The Hammer
although I'm open to whomever the Finns play in teh finals, it would be nice to see Matthews against Puljujarvi....

Top two undrafted players in the world....

How can you beat that?!

NyQuil

Big F$&*in Q
Jan 5, 2005
Ottawa, ON
Yea okay buddy, your statement about Russia is nothing but bigotry while these pro western refs are missing blatant calls like the cross check to the back of Kraskovsky...

But keep thinking that there is no politics in here, everyone is very innocent:sarcasm:

Its a win win..We'll ref them how we want, if they complain we'll call them whiners if they dont than its all good. While everyone saw what happened in Slovakia game...

Win-win is right.

If we win, great. If we lose, it's because of the refs.

It's funny to see the excuses before the puck even drops.

Yakushev72 said:
I just heard an interesting statistic, that the Russians have never lost to the USA in the medal round. Of course, there's a first time for everything.

How is that even possible?

Were Belarussian and Kazakh refs involved in every single game?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad