U18: Semi-Finals at the U18!

WarriorofTime

Jul 3, 2010
I’m staying far away from any CHL defensemen this draft if this group that Canada brought is considered amongst the best in the age group.

Reactions: Chainshot

Hierso

Time to Rock
Oct 2, 2018
You wonder how Canada might have done with Bedard but giving up 15 goals in two games to Sweden is not pretty.

Bedard whould have changed things but in the end Hockey is a team sport so i think that it would still end up 0-2 for Canada but i don't think the first game would have ended with Canda scoreless.

ORRFForever

Oct 29, 2018
How so? Do you think Canada played with good structure or something?
The team is missing great players, thrown together a few weeks ago, on the big ice and they'll finish 3rd. They did fine.

If the team plays poorly in 2 years at the WJR's, then you can blast them.

EK47

Feb 7, 2013
Is it part poor age group for Canada and part players missing due to various playoffs, or is it mostly one of them or is it all one of them? I mean even if the score in this is a tad bit misleading Sweden still clearly outplayed them.

WarriorofTime

Jul 3, 2010
Important to remember that Canada is always hit or miss in this tournament because it runs concurrently with Junior playoffs and those teams don’t release players for this tournament. So they don’t know their team until literally right before the tournament and it’s always a bit of a hodgepodge. Appears this was just one of their weaker teams in this thing.

ORRFForever

Oct 29, 2018
Important to remember that Canada is always hit or miss in this tournament because it runs concurrently with Junior playoffs and those teams don’t release players for this tournament. So they don’t know their team until literally right before the tournament and it’s always a bit of a hodgepodge. Appears this was just one of their weaker teams in this thing.
I agree with everything but your last sentence. I'd say this year's team was par for the course - when it comes to Canadian teams at the U18's.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad