PGT: Semi-Final | Russia Vs Canada | 6PM | TSN/NHLN | Pt 2

Del Preston

Mar 8, 2013
Yup... a lot like Edmonton...

Though to be honest I have an IT buddy who emigrated to Canada... I know all about Novo' from him...

Was Me taking a shot at Edmonton... I'm from Winnipeg... we are usually at minus 35 without the windchill here in Winnipeg also...

Just warming up for the NHL's northern division AKA Canadian division...

:laugh:
It's been uncomfortably warm here this winter. Currently -1, gonna be above zero on Wednesday.

Oleksiak

Jun 12, 2019
Victoria, BC
Congratulation to Canada! What a team you have! Good luck in the GMG.
I don't think Russia had a chance tonight. This was the most or one of the most impressive team performance from a team I've ever seen. Seriously, you did everything perfectly. Defense especially. You're #1 in the hockey.
Thanks. Hopefully you guys are allowed fans so us Canadians can invade when you guys host.

Mathieukferland

Oct 11, 2020
Sloane Square, Chelsea, England
Disgraceful performance by Russia. I have seen video of the '82 and '85 losses, but this is easily the worst Russian performance in WJ history. It was a humiliation for the kids, who know they are much better than the way they looked, and it was an embarrassment for Russian hockey fans, who want to feel pride for being more than just good losers!

All thanks for this debacle go to the Nutty Professor, Igor Larionov. Larionov came into this tournament being one of the most hated names in Russian hockey history, and he did nothing but increase the hockey fans' contempt for him. There is an old Russian proverb that says "Igor Larionov is a dog turd with ears and horn-rimmed glasses." The announcers were chirping about how Larionov had said pre-tournament that he wanted to make playing hockey "fun again" for the kids. I haven't seen a single smile on any kid's face throughout the entire tournament. They are demoralized and dejected. I wish they didn't have to be subjected to another game, a so-called "Bronze Medal," as if it was the Olympics or something. They are likely to have their asses handed to them be either Finland or the United States, given their current state of mind. I hope the Oligarchs (Rotenberg) will pull the plug on Larionov, and have him go back to peddling flesh in North America. But I wouldn't bet on it.
What is the reason he is hated so much? Do tell...

Oilslick941611

Jul 4, 2006
Ottawa
I have to admit. Some of my fellow countrymen have been annoying on this thread.

However, this is really not classy comment either because the second semifinal is still to be played. I guess some Canadians can be salty douchebags as well.
tear of joy (winning gold this year) and tears of sorrow (losing to Canada) are both salty!

The Blue Baron

Nov 13, 2015
Hoser Country
I am watching the US game right now with Finns. After the first US team is on the same level as Finns. Same level of speed. Canadians are faster.

Agreed, to can see areas Canada can exploit on both these teams.

USA stink in their own end without the puck.

Finns give up grade A chances off the rush.

czechcanadian

Dec 8, 2011
Ottawa
I am watching the US game right now with Finns. After the first US team is on the same level as Finns. Same level of speed. Canadians are faster.
You’re entitled to your own opinion.
Every game is different. 1 period doesn’t prove anything. Canada wasn’t overly impressive against Slovakia or Czechs. Where as US overwhelmed both.
I think Canada is the best team, but believe Americans are a close second.

Bedards Dad

I was in the pool!!
Nov 3, 2011
Toronto
Every game is different. 1 period doesn’t prove anything. Canada wasn’t overly impressive against Slovakia or Czechs. Where as US overwhelmed both.

The Russian team that beat the USA was dominated by Canada today. The team that is even with the USA right now was easily beaten by Canada.

It would be some mental gymnastics to believe Canada isn't easily the best team by a good bit this year.

DFF

Feb 28, 2002

One game, anything can happen

But talent wise, it is not close

DieselBoy

Mar 18, 2007
688F2393-82AE-4811-98B5-C7EEB3DEE474.jpeg

Which one of you guys put on a show for the fan cam?

czechcanadian

Dec 8, 2011
Ottawa
The Russian team that beat the USA was dominated by Canada today. The team that is even with the USA right now was easily beaten by Canada.

It would be some mental gymnastics to believe Canada isn't easily the best team by a good bit this year.
Definitely the best team on paper. Certainly played really well so far. Definitely the best.
No doubting that.
Just saying that I wouldn’t underestimate the Americans. That’s where the conversation started. Watching how they move the puck, especially on the power play(which cCanada has yet to display), it’s quite interesting to say that we should handily beat them.

Reactions: jj cale

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad