GDT: Semi-final • Jan. 3 • Canada vs. Russia • 9 PM ET ‎- II

Status
Not open for further replies.

Selanne138

Nov 18, 2009
I guess throwing punches isnt a penalty, but hitting the boards with your stick is?

Terrible reffing, but stay classy Connolly.

GM17*

Hamilton having a horror game with his decision making in the offensive zone

Ziggy Stardust

Master Debater
Jul 25, 2002
Parts Unknown
There is a perfect explanation as to why Connolly was not called for a penalty. There is nothing in the IIHF rule books against delivering a Tiger Uppercut.

Aaaaaaaaaaaaa

May 16, 2009
Look, I hate how we are playing. I think we have been undisciplined and outplayed.

But for the love of god at what point do the Russians stop lying on the ice like they have been shot every time they get nicked or pushed.

Please stop and win with class, and hopefully our meathead boys will lose with it as well.

Oroku Saki*

Big hit? That was a freaking punch. Connolly acting like a baby.

4thliner*

Mark Scheifele...should not have made this team. He didn't look good in the invite camp and made the team due to his preseason stint in the NHL.

kyle44

Jan 7, 2007
there are three issues with this team that I've noticed from the start the first being the we lack that puck moving power play quarterback immensely, number two I've never in all of my years of watching hockey seen a team miss the net as much as this group and number three, where is the physicality canadians are known for? Hockey Canada has to stop with the third and fourth line grinders. Speed and skill is the key to success at this level, not two lines of mediocre penalty killers

Jet

Free Capo!
Jul 20, 2004
Florida
Thank you. Wish every hockey fan was like you.

I remember when there used to be respect amongst opponents. Sure, you go hard and things happen, but there was respect. I don't seem to see that as much anymore.

I have great respect for Russia as a hockey nation, both for their history, and their passion for it and ability.

Fortheloveofthegame

Mar 18, 2008
USA
Okay all you whiners about the unfair calls against Canadians.......what about That Connelly penalty? Enough....it's not the refs......it's the team!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad