GDT: Semi-final • Jan. 3 • Canada vs. Russia • 9 PM ET ‎- II

Status
Not open for further replies.

T_Cage

VP of Awesome
Sep 26, 2006
I just hope to God that Team Canada show some class and do not goon it up in the 3rd. Well deserved lead for Team Russia. Good luck to them against the Swedes.

This is my concern. If the refs keep antagonizing the Canadian team (and esp the Canadian fans, who from the sounds of them were flown in from Halifax for this game or something....), someone's gonna get hurt.

pepty

Let's win it all
Feb 22, 2005
1) It is his job to get the team to play 100% effort.
2) It is his job to keep the team disciplined
3) It is his job to create a game plan and enforce it
4) It is his job to call a timeout after Russia takes a 3 goal lead and has all the momentum, not after they take a 4 goal lead to put the game out of reach

He has a big part in this and should not be back.

Not to pile on, but I think it was a Don Hay coached team that gooned it up when on the losing side of a game in Moncton in the Memorial cup tourney a few years ago.

I really really hope that doesn't happen tonight, though they have not been very disciplined.

If they lose, they lose. No need to compound it.

Shaun

Oct 12, 2010
This is Hockey, my dear Russians, not Soccer.It seems like every time they get it its the end of the world and they are about to die. Is it just me?

NewDoubleFacePalm.jpg

If someone on my beloved Bruins did that to a Hab their would be a call for a suspension

AwesomePanthers

Maybe next season
Aug 20, 2009
Connolly, you're supposed to be one of the good ones.

Another undisciplined fool.

I said this during Canadas camp. Connolly will take ton of idiotic penalties (and he has), because of his temper and ****ing ego. Don't even know why he got an "A", except for being a returning player.

JLP

Refugee
Aug 16, 2005
Connolly with a punch to the Russian's throat -- no call, maybe can stop whining about the refs? Or not, carry on. Embarrassing.

JustGivingEr

How far we done fell
Aug 17, 2009
Hamsterdam
Way I would like to see the game turn out.

1) Epic comeback
2) Play solid for the rest of the game
3) Goon it up
4) Roll over and die
5) Take soft penalties (whining, hissy fits)

RedLeader

Feb 13, 2008
The same canadians who are applauding goonery , would cry bloody murder if it happend to them or the nhl team they cheer for. Dont deny it.

just22

Aug 2, 2009
I love how they were talking about Canada having to work as a team, but all I see are players trying to skate through the whole Russian squad and score by themselves... pathetic

Duodenum

Jul 7, 2008
East Vancouver
Connolly was dangerously close to a penalty there. Good thing he got his collarbone area and not the face. He seems to be the only one trying out there now, like his passion.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad