Proposal: SELL SELL SELL. Trade Proposal and Trade Deadline talk continued!

Would you trade pick #2/3 for John Tavares?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Adam Michaels

Jun 12, 2016
Montreal
Noah Hanifin

Could try Patches and Gallagher. They would probably be more interested in Chucky and Gallagher. In that case would want their 1st , or Jake Bean as well. Would hate to move Chucky, but MB, CJ....

But I would also be moving Weber to try to get that C.

Two guys I would target in Carolina would be defenseman Hanifin and their center prospect Nicolas Roy (currently playing in AHL).

Reactions: yianik

dinodebino

Sep 27, 2017

None of those scouts were of major importance. I want GMs there. That's when the rumors can start to ignite. Before that, it's just smokescreens. TBH, I was expecting more scouts than that. That in itself is disappointing.

Reactions: Runner77

theghost1

Oct 30, 2017
Columbus could use a veteran center for the playoffs.....trade Plekanec for Alexandre Texier great speed and upside as an offensive center was just 17 last year when he was drafted,he is from France currently playing in the Finnish league.

Adam Michaels

Jun 12, 2016
Montreal
Columbus could use a veteran center for the playoffs.....trade Plekanec for Alexandre Texier great speed and upside as an offensive center was just 17 last year when he was drafted,he is from France currently playing in the Finnish league.

Texier is Ikonen's teammate there, as well.

Sterling Archer

Sep 26, 2006
From Jimmy Murphy:

Per NHL source with direct knowledge of situation: "During last few weeks #Habs owner #GeoffMolson made it clear to everyone, future is now priority. How it is handled at deadline will play major role in future of management. If it means moving a big name will help future do it!"

More on #Habs: According to same NHL source, nothing is off the table when it comes to who could be moved at deadline and at draft. With regards to @TonyMarinaro Twitter question last week, a President for GM to work with is being considered.

Rapala

Mar 29, 2013
Montreal
Gotta wonder about Pleks...
How can CJ even like him a little after having Patrice as a go to for sooo many years? :huh:

HuGo Sham

MR. CLEAN-up ©Runner77
Apr 7, 2010
Montreal
From Jimmy Murphy:

Per NHL source with direct knowledge of situation: "During last few weeks #Habs owner #GeoffMolson made it clear to everyone, future is now priority. How it is handled at deadline will play major role in future of management. If it means moving a big name will help future do it!"

More on #Habs: According to same NHL source, nothing is off the table when it comes to who could be moved at deadline and at draft. With regards to @TonyMarinaro Twitter question last week, a President for GM to work with is being considered.
This doesn’t even make sense. If future is now than why are they moving big name to help future?

Reactions: vokiel

Habs100

Nov 6, 2013
How can CJ even like him a little after having Patrice as a go to for sooo many years? :huh:

I'm ready to move on from Pleks. The following 4 can battle for the top 3 center spots until we acquire c's via trade:

Pacioretty Hudon Gallagher
Drouin Galchenyuk Scherbak
Byron Danault Lehkonen
Carr Froese/De la Rose Deslaurier

Shaw and Plekanec traded.

We have Byron, De la Rose, and Drouin that can play center. We don't need Pleks this year or next.

ECWHSWI

TOUGHEN UP.
Oct 27, 2006
old school hockey, defense is the only thing that matters.

I mean, Froese and L. Shaw over Carr ? ?

Adam Michaels

Jun 12, 2016
Montreal
old school hockey, defense is the only thing that matters.

I mean, Froese and L. Shaw over Carr ? ?

I disagree with sitting Carr and DLR. But I can understand why they played Logan Shaw today as they were facing his former team. Personally, I'd rather see Carr and DLR instead of Froese and Shaw. But I can see why Shaw was in today. I don't know for Froese.

Adam Michaels

Jun 12, 2016
Montreal
From Jimmy Murphy:

I'm not too sure about how much I trust Jimmy Murphy's info. However if it's true, then I'm happy that Molson is pushing for a youth movement to build for the future.

groovejuice

Without deviation progress is not possible
Jun 27, 2011
Calgary

Look at the Habs record vs. the Bruins in the last several years. Plekanec was instrumental in a lot of those games. I assume that's a large part of Julien's thinking, even more so because he's a defence first coach.

Last edited:

Jul 6, 2016
Thank you Plekky for your carreer in Montreal. Bt now it's time for you to go.

Danault will fill his skates easily as center of the 3rd line next year. Gave Galchy another chance to play center on a top two lines. Find another center - a real one - to play on the top two line and produce (win f.o.) , a young one ???.

Is that so hard ?

What makes me really mad is that team is 5-6 more wins (5-6 less losses) from being in the Playoffs.... What a crummy season !

And for those who are dreaming about Dahlin... Keep dreaming. 4-5 other teams have way more %chances to get him.

Runner77

Sponsor
Jun 24, 2012
Garage sale?

Sell everything. Make everyone available and have a plan. Doesn't mean we'll sell everyone, nor that we should give them away. Unfortunately, the guy making the deals is clueless so who knows what we'll end up with.

TSC.gif

23wwl7.jpg

Reactions: LaP and groovejuice

Runner77

Sponsor
Jun 24, 2012
What is going on with Elias Lindholm in Carolina. I've noticed the last few games he's the fourth line RW.

What would it take to get him?

He's young.

He may not be a #1 guy, but I think he could be a #2 C. I like his game.

Would the Canes be willing to sell on him, could the Habs get him on the cheap for some more immediate help as I know Bill Peters wants them to be buyers.

When a guy is playing on a 4th line, it usually signals that his team might listen to an offer. However, it doesn't mean he'll come cheap. Just like when Claude had Galchenyuk open the playoffs last year and this season on the 4th line -- none of us thought he should be sold for a lot less on account of it.

Of course, what we think and how a GM will react, can be worlds apart.

Last edited:

mariolemieux66

Sep 17, 2008
Vancouver
Thank you Plekky for your carreer in Montreal. Bt now it's time for you to go.

Danault will fill his skates easily as center of the 3rd line next year. Gave Galchy another chance to play center on a top two lines. Find another center - a real one - to play on the top two line and produce (win f.o.) , a young one ???.

Is that so hard ?

What makes me really mad is that team is 5-6 more wins (5-6 less losses) from being in the Playoffs.... What a crummy season !

And for those who are dreaming about Dahlin... Keep dreaming. 4-5 other teams have way more %chances to get him.

We traded PK for a lesser dmen when we could have traded him for a #1C and +, we traded our best asset in Sergachev for a winger and tried to convert him into a center. We let Radulov and Markov go for nothing, if not we would have had a surplus of winger we could have traded for a center or dmen.

The personal isn't good enough to garantee a playoffs spot and if we do make the playoffs, the personal isnt good enough to win.

Things are not good enough and the organization has been stuck in mediocrity for way too many years.
Bergevin should have been fired already.

Runner77

Sponsor
Jun 24, 2012
From Jimmy Murphy:

23wvie.gif

Just kidding, of course. Thanks for sharing the above.

Wondering what Geoff means by "future"? Can have a varying length.

Reactions: David Suzuki
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad