Proposal: SELL SELL SELL. Trade Proposal and Trade Deadline talk continued!

Would you trade pick #2/3 for John Tavares?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Adam Michaels

Jun 12, 2016
Montreal
I saw that too. He’d be a great target and that would let the Ducks keep Larsson who is their Top D prospect (not that they need anymore young D). Core is getting older, they need to go for it again so giving up Steel is fair IMO.

I say if you can't scout and draft properly, go get players drafted by one of the better scouting departments in the league. Ducks is one of those.

Adam Michaels

Jun 12, 2016
Montreal
Although to be fair... Chicago already been all the way three times...

Since '09, Hawks have won the Cup 3 times and made the Conference Finals twice. That's 5 times in the Final Four in 10 seasons where they won it all 3 of those 5 times. If there's a team that can start to drop back down to earth it's the Hawks.

Runner77

Sponsor
Jun 24, 2012
I say if you can't scout and draft properly, go get players drafted by one of the better scouting departments in the league. Ducks is one of those.

Sure, as a tampon. But, we have to stop buying milk when we can own the cow.

And the better cows, those that have a greater record of scouting success are with other organizations. The biggest win is to poach them and this won't happen so long as Bergevin is in charge.

Even Marc Dumont who was on today's Habs's pre-game show with Simon Tsalikis mentioned diplomatically how Lefebvre's time should have been up by now but was only able to hold on to his job by "acting amicably" with Bergevin and how Bergevin values friendship when he hires.

Bergevin's scouting department is built the same way.

Last edited:

Trumpet Hab

Sep 28, 2017
Victoria
Voted no ... why pay for a rental when we can't use it and can buy it in four months. I seriously doubt JT signs here.

Not to beat a dead horse but MB needs to go now. When he took over the Core was Price, Patches, Pleks, PK, Markov. Today it is Price Patches, Pleks, Weber, Gallagher ... in other words he's still working mostly off of Gainey's work and he's developed only one person into the core (and Gallagher would do that himself anyways)

Any new GM should have the current assets at his disposal to trade into future core. I don't trust MB to convert Patches into that asset.

That being said

Patches for a 1st, a young center, and a D prospect

Fazkovsky

Sep 4, 2013
What can we sell?

Max Pac
Byron
Benn
Shlemko
Morrow
Lindgren
Mete
Fucale
Plekanec
Shaw
Niemi

Garage sale?

yianik

Jun 30, 2009
We know or can surmise the following:

- MB isn't being fired this season

- There will be no rebuild with MB in charge. So Price and Weber are not being traded

- Likeliest players to move are Patches, Shaw ( only because I understand that MB has been trying to trade him ), Pleks and Chucky. I am sure another player of small value like Benn etc.

- Chucky us a hard one for MB. I am sure he would love to move him because there is so much controversy and criticism over his handling. The blame Chucky for it all isn't working anymore. But. He is afraid to move him in case it blows up in his face, again. This Lenaud and Chucky has no value nonsense. It was fed to him . It's B'S. So for Chucky it would have to be a clear win, at least optically. Say Chucky and Gallagher for PLD.

- I doubt CJ likes Patches. Big guy with talent won't drive the net. Our best trade chip with coming UFA status.

We have to hope, really hope that MB doesn't screw this up. Patches needs to be traded before the TDL as far as I'm concerned . We need a top blue chip C prospect or unestablished young C , with at least 2C potential as part of it. Add in a first ad well.

I don't like MB. I wish he was gone. But I hope he does good here. We need him to be successful.

-

Kudo Shinichi

Apr 20, 2012
My ideal and realistic trade deadline deals:

Pacioretty for Vilardi + 1st
Plekanec (50% retained) for 2nd
Benn for 2nd
Schlemko for 3rd
Morrow for a 5th
Niemi for a 6th
Hemsky for a 6th

Roll with this lineup for the remainder of the season:
Galchenyuk - Drouin - Scherbak
Lehkonen - Danault - Hudon
Shaw - Byron - Gallagher
Deslaurier - McCarron - Carr

Mete - Weber
Alzner - Petry
Jerabek - Lernout

Price
Lindgren

If Weber, Danault, Shaw are injured, then insert Juulsen, De la Rose, Logan Shaw in the lineup

LastWordArmy

Sep 11, 2011
Canada
What is going on with Elias Lindholm in Carolina. I've noticed the last few games he's the fourth line RW.

What would it take to get him?

He's young.

He may not be a #1 guy, but I think he could be a #2 C. I like his game.

Would the Canes be willing to sell on him, could the Habs get him on the cheap for some more immediate help as I know Bill Peters wants them to be buyers.

mariolemieux66

Sep 17, 2008
Vancouver
What is going on with Elias Lindholm in Carolina. I've noticed the last few games he's the fourth line RW.

What would it take to get him?

He may not be a #1 guy, but I think he could be a #2 C. I like his game.

Would the Canes be willing to sell on him, could the Habs get him on the cheap for some more immediate help as I know Bill Peters wants them to be buyers.

Carolina has drafted 13 times in the first 3 round the last 3 years, 5 of those picks are C's and 3 are D's. Any of these prospects interesting enough for Pacioretty?

Last edited:

Omar

Oct 10, 2017
Won a game and didn’t gain a spot in the standings. That’s some good regression. A few losses and we may be mainstays in the bottom 5.

yianik

Jun 30, 2009
Carolina has drafted 13 times in the first 3 round the last 3 years, 5 of those picks are C's and 3 are D's. Any of these prospects interesting enough for Pacioretty?

Noah Hanifin

Could try Patches and Gallagher. They would probably be more interested in Chucky and Gallagher. In that case would want their 1st , or Jake Bean as well. Would hate to move Chucky, but MB, CJ....

But I would also be moving Weber to try to get that C.

LastWordArmy

Sep 11, 2011
Canada
Lindholm isn't a center.

Then again, neither is Drouin.

He took over 600 faceoffs in 2016-17 with a 56% winning percentage.
Oh and he put up 45 points in 72 games
Oh and he 51% Corsi and 52% Fenwick

Might be worth a shot back in the middle.

But I think its worth giving Chucky another shot back in the middle, and with Drouin injured and them putting Hudon there before him (as well as Byron there earlier), i see that's never happening.

yianik

Jun 30, 2009
He took over 600 faceoffs in 2016-17 with a 56% winning percentage.
Oh and he put up 45 points in 72 games
Oh and he 51% Corsi and 52% Fenwick

Might be worth a shot back in the middle.

But I think its worth giving Chucky another shot back in the middle, and with Drouin injured and them putting Hudon there before him (as well as Byron there earlier), i see that's never happening.

Ok. So Patches, Galchenyuk and Gallagher for Hanifin , Lindholm ( if a centre ) and Bean / 1st 2018.

Adam Michaels

Jun 12, 2016
Montreal
My ideal and realistic trade deadline deals:
Roll with this lineup for the remainder of the season:
Galchenyuk - Drouin - Scherbak
Lehkonen - Danault - Hudon
Shaw - Byron - Gallagher
Deslaurier - McCarron - Carr

Mete - Weber
Alzner - Petry
Jerabek - Lernout

Price
Lindgren

I like your line-up, but I'd put DLR at 4C over McCarron. At least DLR plays with some speed and is better defensively. In terms of offense, you will get about the same thing out of either, but DLR is better at other aspects of the game.

Hannibal

Fear the Weber
Feb 11, 2007
Two scouts from Columbus, two from Calgary, one from LA and one from Winnipeg. That's what i want to see.

Potential trade targets:

Josh Anderson
Wennberg
Jankowski
Roslovic
Vilardi

One can hope.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad